News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

britain

But, I do concede the importance of the film 21-87. It’s where Lucas got the name ‘the Force’, it’s the source of Princess Leia’s jail cell number, and of course it’s Fin’s stormtrooper number.

Phroobar

An extra poster you get with the new Thrawn Alliances book. I guess Padme was on Baatu at some point and Vader & Thrawn go there to investigate. A third of the book is suppose to be based there.
Padme%2BThrawn%2BAlliances.jpg

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think it’s ‘83’ with wear and tear on the 8. This way it doesn’t come off as an obvious ‘77- -83’ and could be mistaken for 63.

I could see it being an 83 as well, to coincide with RotJ release date.

Either way, 63 or 83, both are years important to Lucas. Both can be possible, and may be the point. We'll have to wait for a more closeup picture or wait to see it in-person. Its exciting....

dweezil78

My vote's for 83. Seeing as how Lucas has little to do with this project, it makes way more sense. And even if he did have anything to do with this project, it'd still make no sense to have some random year from his film career vs. something that ties to Star Wars.

But onto the real point...how freaking cool is that?

TP2000

Here's something new... And hats off to those two men 30 seconds in broiling in the August sun as they weld and work the metal rebar into shape for the latest rockwork. These are the hardworking guys that make America, literally!

George Lucas on a Bench

The rock spires do blend in pretty well with the existing park. On the other hand, I still think the surrounding areas were poorly slapped together. The Frontierland entrance with the fence wall and stagecoach that looks like it was designed in Roller Coaster Tycoon and Camp Anawana on the Critter Country side need major work.

Phroobar

The rock spires do blend in pretty well with the existing park. On the other hand, I still think the surrounding areas were poorly slapped together. The Frontierland entrance with the fence wall and stagecoach that looks like it was designed in Roller Coaster Tycoon and Camp Anawana on the Critter Country side need major work.
What would you do different?

mickEblu

What is their to judge yet when it comes to the Critter Country path? The wall is literally feet away from Hungry Bear. Or did you just want to say Camp Anawana? Lol

I wasn’t crazy about losing the Hungry Bear lower level seating on the water but it turned out ok. Still wish they would have found another way though.

TP2000

That looks horribly photoshopped...

It's real. It's taken from inside Toy Story Land this month. And it's another example of how different the approach angles and aesthetics are going to be for each of these lands on each coast. This is taken from near the snack bar in Toy Story Land looking south towards the big entry pathway into Star Wars Land. It's going to take a huge amount of trees to hide this view from the dogleg angle the entry path takes.

star-wars-galaxys-edge-walt-disney-world-hollywood-studios-spaceship-2.jpg

The same entrance path and angle at Disneyland has a cave entrance and tunnel to go through, with rockwork and berm and the Disneyland Railroad travelling overhead. Not sure why they didn't bother with a fully enclosed tunnel from Toy Story Land into Star Wars Land for WDW, after all they have the blessing of size that Disneyland doesn't. Here's that exact same angle for Disneyland's entrance.

StarWars1.jpg

There's also a noticeable change in elevation at Disneyland, with a downward slope to the pathways as they head under the Railroad berm overhead. That will require an upward slope on the other side as you walk up into Star Wars Land from the tunnel entrances. The DHS version, owing to the swampy water table, has no such change in elevation. The vantage points as you enter the land will be one of the big differences here that I find fascinating.

A noticeable decline in both entry paths off the Big Thunder Trail as they head under the Disneyland Railroad berm overhead. A similar incline up into Star Wars is waiting for us on the other side of the railroad berm.

IMG_0019.JPG

Last edited:

nevol

What would you do different?
Not had 10 different types of railings. Not made the animals out of plastic. NOT OPENED THE RAILROAD/NEW WATERFALLS LOOKING LIKE THAT. there are entirely dry areas that look like they were supposed to be waterfalls, and then there is a giant fire hose just spitting water straight into the river without even touching the landscape. It can't be unseen. A hose just shooting water straight out of that dry rockwork into the water. Just cut the thing in a different location. That's all. They are just simple fixes to problems that shouldn't exist in the first place, like the exposed blue wall behind Dumbo. Everything that isn't galaxy's edge right now is getting shafted. Otherwise I like the new train tracks, rockwork, native american sets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom