Advice on doing 5k at Disney feb 2020

patch553

Original Poster
Hi all I started doing couch to 5k 7 weeks ago now starting my 8th week so In a weeks time I should do my first 5k then I’m looking to do this every 3 days so 2 rest days and run on the third day.
We will be visiting in February 2020 for 3 weeks I’m looking to do the 5k on the princess weekend can I just sign up for the 5k or do I have to do others that weekend ??
Also how do I sign up please and when normally does sign up happen ??
On a side note I’ve signed up for my first 5k on oct 13th in England to raise money for the air ambulance so fingers crossed goes ok and what’s best to eat on the day it’s 7pm at night ?? Thankyou in advance

dreamfinder

Hi all I started doing couch to 5k 7 weeks ago now starting my 8th week so In a weeks time I should do my first 5k then I’m looking to do this every 3 days so 2 rest days and run on the third day.
We will be visiting in February 2020 for 3 weeks I’m looking to do the 5k on the princess weekend can I just sign up for the 5k or do I have to do others that weekend ??
On a side note I’ve signed up for my first 5k on oct 13th in England to raise money for the air ambulance so fingers crossed goes ok and what’s best to eat on the day it’s 7pm at night ?? Thankyou in advance

Check out the tracker here -> https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rundisney-race-availability-tracker.912442/ shows when the events have gone on sale the last few years. However, runDisney shifted them around alot this year, so you really will need to keep an eye on the forum, or runDisney site. Both will be updated with sales dates when they come out.
You don't need to do the other events, but the 5k sells out pretty fast, so you would need to be ready to register as quickly as possible.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

As @dreamfinder posted, runDisney will publish the registration dates for the upcoming years races. I'd visit their website periodically after the prior year race is completed. Hopefully, now that Disney is handling race registrations directly, they will be more consistent with a schedule. But expect registration to open at least 6 months the before race weekend.

As far as food, don't eat anything too heavy or spicy on race day. Have a good snack an hour or two before you have to report to the race location - something easy to digest. Which means avoid whole grains, beans, anything with lots of fiber. My go to is a plain bagel with peanut butter. Some eat a banana. Also hydrate the day before and earlier in the day of the race.

Good luck on your first 5k!

patch553

Original Poster
Check out the tracker here -> https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rundisney-race-availability-tracker.912442/ shows when the events have gone on sale the last few years. However, runDisney shifted them around alot this year, so you really will need to keep an eye on the forum, or runDisney site. Both will be updated with sales dates when they come out.
You don't need to do the other events, but the 5k sells out pretty fast, so you would need to be ready to register as quickly as possible.
Thankyou so much

patch553

Original Poster
As @dreamfinder posted, runDisney will publish the registration dates for the upcoming years races. I'd visit their website periodically after the prior year race is completed. Hopefully, now that Disney is handling race registrations directly, they will be more consistent with a schedule. But expect registration to open at least 6 months the before race weekend.

As far as food, don't eat anything too heavy or spicy on race day. Have a good snack an hour or two before you have to report to the race location - something easy to digest. Which means avoid whole grains, beans, anything with lots of fiber. My go to is a plain bagel with peanut butter. Some eat a banana. Also hydrate the day before and earlier in the day of the race.

Good luck on your first 5k!
Thankyou so much

JillC LI

Others can give you more advice on logistics, but I just wanted to chime in to say good for you on your progress and good luck at your first 5K!

Texas84

Most important, have fun at the Disney 5K. Don't worry about your time unless you're pushing that pace requirement. Do the 5Ks even enforce that? I ran my first way too fast and missed out on a lot of stuff.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Most important, have fun at the Disney 5K. Don't worry about your time unless you're pushing that pace requirement. Do the 5Ks even enforce that? I ran my first way too fast and missed out on a lot of stuff.

They don't. But if you're in the last corral and still running 90 minutes after you start, they'll probably pick you up.

Swissmiss

Premium Member

Congrats on nearly finishing the couch to 5K training. I still remember when 5K seemed so far and now it is more or less a normal run length for me! In case you aren't aware, there are now races as DLP as well - they don't sell out as quickly as the US races and start a bit later in the day.

patch553

Original Poster
Congrats on nearly finishing the couch to 5K training. I still remember when 5K seemed so far and now it is more or less a normal run length for me! In case you aren't aware, there are now races as DLP as well - they don't sell out as quickly as the US races and start a bit later in the day.
Lovely Thankyou so much we don’t really visit Paris a lot as nearly as much to get there as America but might look in to it for future I’ve got one more run to do on my couch to 5k so happy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom