Tokyo Disney Resort 35th Anniversary: Happiest Celebration

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
Here's the Christmas News, no Gifts Of Christmas this year . Color Of Christmas is still at TDS, Thought it would retire last year with Perfect Christmas but no:
http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/news_tdr/20180808_01e/main/0/link/20180808_01e.pdf
It's very whelming. No over or under. Just whelmed. Colors of Christmas sticking around is very upsetting, as is no Gifts of Christmas. I'm wondering if Christmas Stories is getting any updates or new costumes. The new TDS show sounds very similar to A Perfect Christmas.

jrhwdw

Gifts of Christmas isn't returning so that Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland can keep running through the holiday season.
No different than what the U.S. has done with HEA(after MVMCP) RDCT 50th and DL Forever.

I'm not saddened by Color Of Christmas returning, I thought TDS was going in a different direction with Christmas this year.

FYI, Color Of Christmas debuted in 2012

SweetDuffy101

Now I’ve Fully Experience Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland In person, And i’ve gotta say It doesn’t justify the Videos that you see in Youtube, These are kind of shows that you need to see in person, The scale Of this show is Huge in any entertainment that happened in TDL(besides countdown shows). But it’s a really must see when you go to TDL. But the projection weren’t that High quality when you see it person.

I know that some you would want to see the show close to the castle but, You should see it near the partners statue so you could see all the effects pf this show including the Trees in the entire hub with new lighting and Hundreds of Searchlights.

david10225

Now I’ve Fully Experience Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland In person, And i’ve gotta say It doesn’t justify the Videos that you see in Youtube, These are kind of shows that you need to see in person, The scale Of this show is Huge in any entertainment that happened in TDL(besides countdown shows). But it’s a really must see when you go to TDL. But the projection weren’t that High quality when you see it person.

I know that some you would want to see the show close to the castle but, You should see it near the partners statue so you could see all the effects pf this show including the Trees in the entire hub with new lighting and Hundreds of Searchlights.

Thank you for that advice.. We will try and get a spot there in October.

TTA94

Anyone hear info about the new Spooky Boo Halloween Parade? IMO it has big shoes to fill after the Popin Live Parade, well soundtrack wise. While the Popin Live theme may not have been everyone’s cup of tea or scream Halloween, I felt both versions of the parade soundtrack were awesome and incredibly catchy! I hope Spooky Boo Parade will be the same!

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
Anyone hear info about the new Spooky Boo Halloween Parade? IMO it has big shoes to fill after the Popin Live Parade, well soundtrack wise. While the Popin Live theme may not have been everyone’s cup of tea or scream Halloween, I felt both versions of the parade soundtrack were awesome and incredibly catchy! I hope Spooky Boo Parade will be the same!
The commercial is incredibly fun and the press release says there will be two different stops depending on where you are.

Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 10.17.20 AM.png

TTA94

Found this post of a advertisement for Halloween at one of their stations. Curious what the music is in the background? New tune for the parade maybe?

Voxel

President of Progress City
Found this post of a advertisement for Halloween at one of their stations. Curious what the music is in the background? New tune for the parade maybe?

I’ll keep my eye out. I’m spending sept in japan and so far have seen a lot of awesome Disney stuff

Last edited:

SweetDuffy101

Tokyo just won every Halloween ever.

Damn thats an upgrade from the past parade.
-most of the characters have 2 sets of costumes.
-During show stop majority of the dancers will appear in skeleton costumes
-maybe has one of the most elements in halloween parade history.
-Dancer costumes are the best
-The parade starts at ToonTown tru Fantasyland.
-The halloween budget clearly went to TDL this year.
-New Decorations have appeared especially the Ghost residents similar to DLRP.
-Halloween projection nightly at WB.

Last edited:

brb1006

If they could just get rid of the showstop and add some villans it would be one of the best Halloween parades, if not the best Halloween parade worldwide.
Tokyo Disneyland has a long history with showstops at their parades. Same with the Christmas parade and Dreamlights (During private events only)

jrhwdw

Tokyo Disneyland has a long history with showstops at their parades. Same with the Christmas parade and Dreamlights (During private events only)
I've not seen a private event Dreamlights Show Stop since TDL's 30th!

About Spooky Boo!, Maybe I'm too used used to how TDL does things, but I'm not liking that there are no dancers in Toontown/Tomorrowland on the way to the Plaza. This isn't a hub show, its the traditional Halloween parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom