News Chicken Guy! coming to Disney Springs later this summer

Disneyhead'71

If I was in central Florida and challenged to spend as much as possible on a 3 piece fried chicken dinner (3 pieces chicken, mashed potatoes, and a biscuit. No green beans). Disney Springs is where I'd go.

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

Who sells that at DS?
Homecomin'. For a reasonable $28.

homecoming_friedchicken.jpg

NearTheEars

But the difference is we aren't IN the park, we are in an outlet mall. Downtown Disney used to be fun, now it's just stores and restaurants. Disney keeps building there so they can charge high prices. And before you say, "don't go there".....I don't. I refuse to pay those ridiculous prices.

I’m confused. The Downtown Disney I went to several times was also stores and restaurants.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stevek

Will be interesting to see if it makes its way to DL DTD. Raising Canes is becoming very popular out here...very similar idea.

Jon81uk

But the difference is we aren't IN the park, we are in an outlet mall. Downtown Disney used to be fun, now it's just stores and restaurants. Disney keeps building there so they can charge high prices. And before you say, "don't go there".....I don't. I refuse to pay those ridiculous prices.

It’s not an outlet mall, just a regular mall. Everything is full price.
And it’s always been shops and restaurants and bars and clubs. They just got rid of the night clubs, the only fun thing they got rid of is DisneyQuest, but that was on life support for 5 years anyway. I really want more fun stuff added like a comedy club or something but there is still a bowling alley and cinema. And comparing prices to the rest of WDW is Okay as it is still at WDW, same as CityWalk is part of the Universal Orlando resort.

eliza61nyc

When I get lunch in Tallahassee, it tends to cost about that much.
Amen!!
I always think "I must be the only one on these boards that live in a high cost of living area"
For the record, a cheesesteak and fries in Philly will cost you AT Least 10-12 bucks.
Dinner out at a mid grade restaurant will cost 50 bucks pp.
Any popular tourist destination the food will be higher.
Please tell me where you folks vacation where every thing is sooo cheap?

PeakSeason

Amen!!
I always think "I must be the only one on these boards that live in a high cost of living area"
For the record, a cheesesteak and fries in Philly will cost you AT Least 10-12 bucks.
Dinner out at a mid grade restaurant will cost 50 bucks pp.
Any popular tourist destination the food will be higher.
Please tell me where you folks vacation where every thing is sooo cheap?
I know, right! I just cancelled our trip to Ocean City, Maryland in favor of a much cheaper trip to Disney, staying club level at Boardwalk Inn.

eliza61nyc

Not to mention that real bargains or outlet pricing are very few and far between at most "outlet malls" these days.

As to the topic, more chicken doused in pickles? I'll pass. :grumpy:

Absolutely. In fact I've gotten better deals and better quality merchandise when the regular store runs a sale, which nowadays is almost all the time.
I've been to the Orlando "outlet" now first, I live in a state where clothing is not taxed so right off the bat the "outlets" are losing steam.
Next the outlets now stock stuff made for the outlets and I can atleast immediately tell the difference. paper thin material, faded colors. I'll pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom