News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

clarabellej

Personally i think part of this was the choice of an animal park. I think if they had built a star wars park, a marvel park (I know they cant), a classic Disney (everything black and white including the trees.. odd dream I had sorry) a classic forgotten Disney movie park (fox and the hound, robin hood, lilo and stich (I don't admit there is a ride currently) aristocats 101 dalmations, or a villain park... I think that would bring in a ton of guests... I just don't think an animal park really made people say MAN I GOT TO SEE THAT!!!
Agree with Classic Disney. They are missing the mark IMO. Think of the wealth of material they could build on. No offense to Star Wars or Guardians of The Galaxy, but I would love more Classic Disney. I wanted to see more Snow White than was offered by 7DMT. Always thought they could expand on Peter Pan theme as well. Look how popular that 3 minute ride is. Knock out Mickey’s Philharmagic (so dated!) and create Neverland, complete with Lost Boys and abundant with Fairies. Hey, maybe that could be done on Tom Sawyer’s Island?!

Professortango1

Agree with Classic Disney. They are missing the mark IMO. Think of the wealth of material they could build on. No offense to Star Wars or Guardians of The Galaxy, but I would love more Classic Disney. I wanted to see more Snow White than was offered by 7DMT. Always thought they could expand on Peter Pan theme as well. Look how popular that 3 minute ride is. Knock out Mickey’s Philharmagic (so dated!) and create Neverland, complete with Lost Boys and abundant with Fairies. Hey, maybe that could be done on Tom Sawyer’s Island?!

Maybe if TSI were located in Fantasyland or even Adventureland.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I did. And the first person to mention the budget being a factor was you!

So whatever that unnecessary barb about a canary singing is all about, you might do well to remember that!

@nickys

Announcement was made on 2/1...around page 39...the “floats” started coming out immediately there’s after (post 850 and beyond) and it spiraled out of control until at least page 63 till I gave up...

It’s the perfect assumption/leading/misdirection that spun out of control. Now it will carry on occasionally for months/years/infinity.

It’s the perfect manifestation of the PCQ factor....

Can I not be bothered with ill researched cherry picking now? I’ll meet you at the moana theater or Shanghai pirates for a turkey leg...eventually.

And to be clear: I’m not shooting the messengers...because I believe that they are hearing rumbling out of WDI. It’s just what others do with it...WDI has ALWAYS been the rumblings house.

Iger isn’t my favorite, but he isn’t stupid...neither was Eisner. They know that internally the rumblings were good for morale - even if it is an expensive price to cover. It’s part of what makes disney...disney. In the Internet age, those “leaks” have generated hundreds of millions of buzz dollars - I wound guess - since the late 90’s.

“Guess what’s coming?!??”

If you don’t even build it - often they will come. It keeps the money flowing and everyone guessing.

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I prefer PDQ....

pdqh.jpg

Walt d

Right now there is a huge (HUGE) tent where the theater was being built. Hard to photograph but if you go you'll see it.
Geting rid of plastic is huge . Have you seen the Mountain of plastic on the nightly news that is floating in the ocean.it affects fish turtles. Im glad to see that we are taking a stand to Pro tact our oceans. By the Way there is some one here in us. That makes re-use abel glass straws so dont say you cant Live with out your Starbucks straw. Purchase a reusable glass straw . Take a stand.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
Geting rid of plastic is huge . Have you seen the Mountain of plastic on the nightly news that is floating in the ocean.it affects fish turtles. Im glad to see that we are taking a stand to Pro tact our oceans. By the Way there is some one here in us. That makes re-use abel glass straws so dont say you cant Live with out your Starbucks straw. Purchase a reusable glass straw . Take a stand.
I think you meant to post that in this thread.

GlacierGlacier

I can honestly say that your posts are the most entertaining on this board.

It is very important to Pro tact fish turtles, I totally agree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom