New Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle to HK, Could it also go to WoL pavilion?

tomast

Original Poster
lsdhgjf875971-624x349.jpg

lsdhgjf875973.jpg

lsdhgjf875972.jpg

The rest of the news is here:

I can see this coming to WoL eventually, because
1)Its Marvel, and the chances of getting a small mini marvel land in future world seems high
2) its kind of "scientific" kind of "futuristic", enought for todays standars where GoG is because they are on a spaceship.
3)Disney recent discovery of the copy-paste tool

Last edited:

tomast

Original Poster
Short answer: no
Long answer: no because of the universal contract deal.
What disney can use in orlando is very limited.
Oh I thought that Ant-man was out of that agrement
i know ironman, cap, hulk, xmen, spiderman, and the main characters are out
Why GoG yes and Ant-man no? how about Black Panther??

Rodan75

lsdhgjf875971-624x349.jpg

lsdhgjf875973.jpg

lsdhgjf875972.jpg

The rest of the news is here:

I can see this coming to WoL eventually, because
1)Its Marvel, and the chances of getting a small mini marvel land in future world seems high
2) its kind of "scientific" kind of "futuristic", enought for todays standars where GoG is because they are on a spaceship.
3)Disney recent discovery of the copy-paste tool

I think this ride is a reskin of their Buzz Lightyear shooter. So even if they had the rights in Orlando I doubt it would go in WoL.

Plus, Disney has stated that they want each Marvel attraction to be unique. So no copies between parks.

asianway

Oh I thought that Ant-man was out of that agrement
i know ironman, cap, hulk, xmen, spiderman, and the main characters are out
Why GoG yes and Ant-man no? how about Black Panther??
Ant-man and Wasp were founding day 1 Avengers. There were only 5 that ones pretty clear.

Black Panther Avenger from the 70s, also no.

GotG are a mish mosh of characters of which Drax and Gamora were from the Avengers family originally due to their ties to Thanos. My only answer on this is Universals lawyers dont read comics.

doctornick

No Spider-Gwen, no Mandarin, no Abomination, no Jubilee, no Shuri, no Red Skull, etc...
The contract is clear that characters in the "family" of characters in use at Uni are off limits. So, Ant-Man and the Wasp are out, as Avengers.

That said, it's not entirely clear how to handle people in the family of someone excluded by being in the family of someone in use. Black Panther would be off-limits. But are characters related to Black Panther (like Shuri in your example) off limit? I think it could be debated either way, though it's academic since you are not likely to use the supporting characters if you can't use a main hero.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The contract is clear that characters in the "family" of characters in use at Uni are off limits. So, Ant-Man and the Wasp are out, as Avengers.

That said, it's not entirely clear how to handle people in the family of someone excluded by being in the family of someone in use. Black Panther would be off-limits. But are characters related to Black Panther (like Shuri in your example) off limit? I think it could be debated either way, though it's academic since you are not likely to use the supporting characters if you can't use a main hero.

The 'family' clause isn't too clear in the contract, and there could be alternate interpretations of the wording (see this annotated contract below). However, it seems that WDW has been living by that interpretation. Black Panther and the Dora Milaje appeared in Disneyland, but not in WDW. Nothing of Black Panther appeared in WDW.

Attachments

• Universal Contract redacted.pdf
    204.7 KB · Views: 240

FigmentJedi

Ant-man and Wasp were founding day 1 Avengers. There were only 5 that ones pretty clear.

Black Panther Avenger from the 70s, also no.

GotG are a mish mosh of characters of which Drax and Gamora were from the Avengers family originally due to their ties to Thanos. My only answer on this is Universals lawyers dont read comics.
Panther also debuted in Fantastic Four so he's double out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom