News Chicken Guy! coming to Disney Springs later this summer

JohnD

I don’t see that though. Many find great value in the food at many Disney springs restaurants. I don’t really go their for the shopping now. I go strictly for the dining because there is so much of it and because there are some very good options there.

I'll shop or eat at some place that isn't in my home town. Shop at World of Disney? Yes. Oh, look! A Gap. No. Eat at Raglan Rd., Homecomin', BOATHOUSE, Yes. Blaze Pizza. No. (If you've never been try it. It's that good. But I have one in my home town.)

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
The packaging looks suspiciously like Chick Fil A. They have all the colors in the world to choose from and they choose red and white. Interesting.

Chicken Guy
Chicken-Guy_Full_33144.jpg

Chick Fil A
Screen-Shot-2016-06-24-at-10.57.38-PM.png

SteamboatJoe

Raising Cane's would've been good there but sort of neat this place will be the first location of the chain.

Side note: Is there a permanent, primarily taco place at DS? I don't remember seeing one there last year. There was a taco food truck but it wasn't open.

Rteetz

Agreed there are plenty of options, but when you see prices like this....you can't say they are affordable:

Boathouse
$22 for Fish Tacos
$25 for a Crab Cake
$24 for BBQ chicken
$18 for a cheeseburger
$21 for a Bacon Burger

D-Lux
A cheeseburger and regular Fries $15.00
$17.00 with a large fries
A chocolate shake...or ANY shake $7.50

The Edison
Caesar salad $11
Pulled Pork Sandwich $18
An apple Cobbler $12

Jock Lindsey's
Tuna Tacos $16
Empanadas $12
Popcorn Chicken $11
And those are just appetizers.

That's just a sampling of how expensive Disney Springs food is.
See the Boathouse isn’t overpriced in my opinion. I’ll gladly eat there because I enjoy it and get good value. I do think D-Luxe is overpriced though.

djkidkaz

Raising Cane's would've been good there but sort of neat this place will be the first location of the chain.

Side note: Is there a permanent, primarily taco place at DS? I don't remember seeing one there last year. There was a taco food truck but it wasn't open.

Frontera has a street food quick service window that sells tacos and they are worth every penny. It’s right across from sprinkles. I think most people don’t even realize you can order food there, but they are decently priced and amazing quality.

DisneyDebRob

I can to go Earl of Sandwich...and get a sandwich for $8.00...and everything else is a la carte and adds up to over $13 for a sandwich, bag of chips and a drink. That is not cheap.
Not a loyalist at all. If you check my many posts you will see I’m pretty fair. Where I live in the burbs of philly, lunch prices are pretty comparable which makes it great for me when I’m on vacation and not paying a lot more. Like I said before, I find that there is good food and decent prices at the Springs

Last edited by a moderator:

djkidkaz

The success of this place, even if the food is great will largely depend on the pricing. I honestly think there is the Blaze Pizza effect going on at Disney Springs. Nothing compares to the quality and price of a Blaze Pizza and the other establishments are suffering because of it. I mean come on, $10 for a very decently sized pizza. Great for families who want to split it. Maybe mom and a young child who is only going to eat a slice or two. Your just not gonna get that bargain anywhere else.

Chicken Guy needs to be very reasonably priced or offer a special like chicken tenders, fries and a drink for $12 or something or they shall suffer the fate of the others.

WhatJaneSays

Agreed there are plenty of options, but when you see prices like this....you can't say they are affordable:

Boathouse
$22 for Fish Tacos
$25 for a Crab Cake
$24 for BBQ chicken
$18 for a cheeseburger
$21 for a Bacon Burger

D-Lux
A cheeseburger and regular Fries $15.00
$17.00 with a large fries
A chocolate shake...or ANY shake $7.50

The Edison
Caesar salad $11
Pulled Pork Sandwich $18
An apple Cobbler $12

Jock Lindsey's
Tuna Tacos $16
Empanadas $12
Popcorn Chicken $11
And those are just appetizers.

That's just a sampling of how expensive Disney Springs food is.

I frequent a ton of local Orlando restaurants and most of those prices seem fairly normal for places in the same bracket. Maybe 10% inflation on the high end?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
What's funny is I bet you can get ALL of that food from Chick-Fil-A for the same price it takes you to get that one meal from Chicken Guy.
You won’t know that until we see prices.

Even then, you will probably never know what the DS premium on Chik-Fil-A would have been anyway.

Bwrinks

Yes it is. And as it happens to be an opinion with which many others agree...then it must be true.

Disney Springs is basically a high end outlet mall.

Any discussion on “value” is really relative to what the guests are willing to pay. My wife and just I flew down to Disney for the weekend and most meals cost us less than we would have paid at home (New York).

Personally I would not classify the dining as overpriced. The restaurants will charge what the market bears. If guests don’t deem the restaurants a good value than they have many other options—the overpriced restaurants will either be forced to lower their prices to gain market share or they will be replaced.

This holds true for all pricing—if people stop showing up at the Magic Kingdom, than Disney will stop raising ticket prices. Alas, the parks continue to grow attendance numbers and we continue to see higher prices. Supply and demand at work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom