News Liberty Square Riverboat closing for long refurb

Disone

Here's my support for its location and direction. In the below pic. The blue oval is the monorail beam at waterbridge by Contemporary. Red oval is the monorail pilling fender. The waterbridge has an S curve in it. instead of the straight shot. The yellow oval shows the tow strap attached to SSL Cruiser Boat, specifically Castaways.
View attachment 297540

Canal on west end of SSL. Same fender shown protecting monorail beam pilar.
View attachment 297547

East end of SSL at Waterbridge showing no wooden fender for Monorail Beam Pilar.
View attachment 297548
Nope. That is definitely the canal connecting Bay lake to Seven seas. In this picture the man is standing on the contemporary side the LB is heading towards seven seas. One give away in the manicured grass and another is The monorail pillar, that is not a pipe on the side it is a slot because it is actually a double pillar and this is only done at this monorail water crossing. Slighty ahead of the castway cruise, and to its right, you can see the wind sock and the hard sides, and the hand rails of the canal water bridge that World Dr. passes under.

If the LB was going out to Seven Seas from the back stage access canal, that would mean the man is standing on the west shore line, and there is no manicured grass on that shore line.

On your red circles, the wooden barrier is on the LB Port side, what would be she is heading into the backstage canal or from Bay lake to Seven seas. This picture predates your google map 2018 picture. The waterbridge canal use to have a wooden barrier protecting the monorail pillar, it upgraded in 2016.

Last edited:

crxbrett

Don't believe this guy. He's incorrect. The reason for the delay, as it's been stated in this thread, is that they had to do some unexpected work on the track in the RoA. As far as I know, the Liberty Belle's overhaul is finished and she's ready to return to the RoA. Just waiting for the track work to be completed. :)

I knew someone on here had the right info. Thanks for the update, Captain!

WDWMPrincess

Don't believe this guy. He's incorrect. The reason for the delay, as it's been stated in this thread, is that they had to do some unexpected work on the track in the RoA. As far as I know, the Liberty Belle's overhaul is finished and she's ready to return to the RoA. Just waiting for the track work to be completed. :)

Thank you! Glad to hear it is coming back even if not quite as early as might have been hoped for.

Disone

Thank you! Glad to hear it is coming back even if not quite as early as might have been hoped for.
Remember..... Lilly Belle steam engine was out for WAY longer than anticipated. So there is definitely a very recent precedent for this. The reasons for the delay there vary depending on who you ask but regardless it was much longer than anticipated.

Monorail_Red_77

Nope. That is definitely the canal connecting Bay lake to Seven seas. In this picture the man is standing on the contemporary side the LB is heading towards seven seas. One give away in the manicured grass and another is The monorail pillar, that is not a pipe on the side it is a slot because it is actually a double pillar and this is only done at this monorail water crossing. Slighty ahead of the castway cruise, and to its right, you can see the wind sock and the hard sides, and the hand rails of the canal water bridge that World Dr. passes under.

If the LB was going out to Seven Seas from the back stage access canal, that would mean the man is standing on the west shore line, and there is no manicured grass on that shore line.

On your red circles, the wooden barrier is on the LB Port side, what would be she is heading into the backstage canal or from Bay lake to Seven seas. This picture predates your google map 2018 picture. The waterbridge canal use to have a wooden barrier protecting the monorail pillar, it upgraded in 2016.

Thanks for clarification. Guess I was focusing too much on the fenders in the pic vs current aerial pic. That's why for me the manicured grass and double pilar didn't sit right with me at first. But I went with it since I was focused more on the fenders.

I rolled back to Jan 2014 and I can see what you are talking about with the older wood fenders at waterbridge area.

1532359223901.png

DisAl

The Liberty Belle engines are not antiques, they are authentic reproductions. The LB, originally the Richard F. Irvine went into service in1973, but was renamed The Liberty Belle in 1996 after everything except for the hull, boiler, and engines was stripped off, and an all-new superstructure was constructed from aluminum and vinyl. (according to Wikipedia)

Figment2005

Anyone have any information on ‘what the heck’ happened? It was to be a long refurbish to start with and now extended once again for an undetermined span of a season. Just odd to be that far off twice. Or is the refurbishment possibility understaffed?

Feel bad for the guests that planned on doing the Challenge through Parkeology. 😦
The boats been complete for a while now. However the track system needed some unforseen refurb. LB been sitting at dry dock completed just waiting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom