Does someone help me with what happend to Honey I shrunk the Audience??

Tavernacle12

Do you mean when it closed?
They decided to honor Michael Jackson after his death by bringing back Captain EO in place of Honey I Shrunk The Kids, but kept extending its engagement. They replaced that with Disney/Pixar Short Films Festival instead of bringing back Honey I Shrunk The Audience.

TwilightZone

Well besides Micheal Jackson's death, the other reasons why it's gone now is because of dated IP, dated effects, and it's ride popularity overall shrinking throughout the years.

justintheharris

Well besides Micheal Jackson's death, the other reasons why it's gone now is because of dated IP, dated effects, and it's ride popularity overall shrinking throughout the years.

If I'm going to be honest, Honey I Shrunk The Audience traumatized me as a child almost as much as Stitch's Great Escape so I'm happy it's gone and not coming back. The Pixar Short Film Festival was very subdued 4D but I actually found myself really enjoying it.

TwilightZone

If I'm going to be honest, Honey I Shrunk The Audience traumatized me as a child almost as much as Stitch's Great Escape so I'm happy it's gone and not coming back. The Pixar Short Film Festival was very subdued 4D but I actually found myself really enjoying it.
I think there was a part that scared everyone. Mine was the beginning, I thought it was real and he was going to chop our heads off. But that's part of the fun and at least it wasn't gross like stitch. But I respect your view too, it is probably a good thing it's closed. Too many kids would have been traumatized.

tomast

Original Poster
Do you mean when it closed?
They decided to honor Michael Jackson after his death by bringing back Captain EO in place of Honey I Shrunk The Kids, but kept extending its engagement. They replaced that with Disney/Pixar Short Films Festival instead of bringing back Honey I Shrunk The Audience.

mmm.. I am starting to remember... I never went to pixar short festival cause I thought it was like One Man’s Dream where you can see movies previews. So is this pixar short is 4D like the "Honey I shrunk the Audience"?? I have an old map/guide of epcot center and the front page is a picture of that ride! and that was the trigger to remember the mouse scene! haha

TwilightZone

mmm.. I am starting to remember... I never went to pixar short festival cause I thought it was like One Man’s Dream where you can see movies previews. So is this pixar short is 4D like the "Honey I shrunk the Audience"?? I have an old map/guide of epcot center and the front page is a picture of that ride!
The pixar short festival plays the shorts that appear before the pixar movies, but move you around. Mainly classic-era pixar, though I think there's a few newer shorts as well.

Cmdr_Crimson

Hi everyone, today i was thinking of epcot and i remember that atraction and the feeling of the mouse scene! Does someone know the story of the end of that atraction??
Plus you can always rewatch it on youtube...Martin one of our forum members makes amazing tribute videos of past attactions..And Honey I Shrunk the Audience is one of them..It's a great tribute...

TwilightZone

Plus you can always rewatch it on youtube...Martin one of our forum members makes amazing tribute videos of past attactions..And Honey I Shrunk the Audience is one of them..It's a great tribute...

It's not nearly as fun as being there though. I guess if you really want to recreate it, move your body around lol.

Goofyernmost

I honestly want to know what the mouse scene feels like (my friend Martha tells me it felt so good.) Is it like the effect at the end of It's Tough to Be a Bug?
The tough to be a bug ending was or is just a plastic (I guess) thing that kind of pokes you lightly, but, coupled with the show scene feels like you are getting stung. In Shrunk the Audience, a box full of white mice are accidentally dumped on the stage and they run out toward the audience. In sequence from front to back an very light weight object rotates and makes it feel like the mice are brushing against your leg as the mice run toward the back of the theater. It was a great effect that no one was anticipating the first time they saw the show and the screams, yells and people jumping up was absolutely one of the best gags played on an audience I had ever seen. Very funny once your mind told you it was just an effect and not mice actually rubbing against your leg. It didn't hurt anything other then ones pride.

Maelstrom93

I made the mistake of taking a 5 and 6 year old to Honey I Shrunk the Audience. Apparently I missed the warning:"May be too intense for some viewers." When the snake with the fangs came out both kids started crying and I'm saying, "Close your eyes!...close your eyes!" Meanwhile a woman sitting behind me keeps wacking me in the shoulder trying to swat away whatever 3D thing shows up...A total 4D experience! :happy:

Cmdr_Crimson

I made the mistake of taking a 5 and 6 year old to Honey I Shrunk the Audience. Apparently I missed the warning:"May be too intense for some viewers." When the snake with the fangs came out both kids started crying and I'm saying, "Close your eyes!...close your eyes!" Meanwhile a woman sitting behind me keeps wacking me in the shoulder trying to swat away whatever 3D thing shows up...A total 4D experience! :happy:
I feel it would still fit better. It starteled guests with the mice, the no mess holo-pet, the moving of the theater, and the snake was way more thrilling than a flimsy film festival...I'm just wondering if it was a contract agreement with Rick Moranis after he retired from acting but, then having his likeness being used in the rides queue would've been removed..I would have wondered if there were plans to have done another inventor of the year film around the events of the Robin Williams version of Absent Minded Professor Aka Flubber.. Seeing the green blobs dance in 3D or new effects would have been awesome to have seen that..Shame it never happened..
20130613-065233.jpg

Last edited:

TwilightZone

I would have wondered if there were plans to have done another inventor of the year film around the events of the Robin Williams version of Absent Minded Professor Aka Flubber.. Seeing the green blobs dance in 3D or new effects would have been awesome to have seen that..Shame it never happened..
20130613-065233.jpg
Before journey into your imagination, the plan was to have a flubber dark ride apparently. Too bad we got journey into your imagination instead.

tomast

Original Poster
Before journey into your imagination, the plan was to have a flubber dark ride apparently. Too bad we got journey into your imagination instead.
Flubber was one of my favorites movies, in fact i was really suprise to see Weebo at journey!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom