It's Official: Bugs Land closing Sept 4th.

SuddenStorm

This is so stupid. They are getting rid of a perfectly fine land for more stuff that won't really fit the theme of the park. I say get rid of Hollywoodland for Marvel instead. Keep Bugs Land for the kiddos.

What are you talking about? How does Bugs Land fit in Disney California Adventure more than Hollywood?

Not to mention, Bugs Land is just cheap plywood theming with off the shelf rides that only appeal to children under the age of 8. Stuff should appeal to children as well as their parents- like the Fantasyland dark rides, Storybook Land Canal Boats, etc.

I expect Marvel Land to have attractions that appeal to all ages, with at least one state of the art addition to the park, and characters that are far more relevant than Flik for meet and greets.

TwilightZone

This is so stupid. They are getting rid of a perfectly fine land for more stuff that won't really fit the theme of the park. I say get rid of Hollywoodland for Marvel instead. Keep Bugs Land for the kiddos.
A perfectly fine land? At one point in time this was one of the worst lands in disney history. Since when has people decided to suddenly like the land?

SuddenStorm

Proving once and for all that Disney forum fans eventually become slightly nostalgic for anything.

"We'll miss you Poultry Palace!!! :cry:" - WDW Forum user September 9th, 2027.

Seriously... I had no idea there was anyone that actually cared about Bugs Land. To me, the whole thing reeked of early 2000s budget Imagineering, worse than Pixar Pier even. The land is a mess.

Californian Elitist

Proving once and for all that Disney forum fans eventually become slightly nostalgic for anything.

"We'll miss you Poultry Palace!!! :cry:" - WDW Forum user September 9th, 2027.

Bug’s land is no Adventureland or New Orleans Square, but it has nice aesthetics, fun details, and decent kiddie rides. The shade it provides is great.

With Disney’s track record, I cannot and will not trust them regarding this superhero land that’s unfortunately coming our way. I haven’t seen plans, but I’m quite confident I would prefer bug’s land.

I’m genuinely going to miss it. It’s one of my favorite areas of the park.

DanielBB8

I’m not sorry to miss the constant debates about being a tiny bug and looking up at Tower of Terror so the tower is at toy height. So stop looking that way.

BrianLo

Bug’s land is no Adventureland or New Orleans Square, but it has nice aesthetics, fun details, and decent kiddie rides. The shade it provides is great.

With Disney’s track record, I cannot and will not trust them regarding this superhero land that’s unfortunately coming our way. I haven’t seen plans, but I’m quite confident I would prefer bug’s land.

I’m genuinely going to miss it. It’s one of my favorite areas of the park.

This is what I mean about nostalgia though. Easily some of the worst rides in the resort. Definitely the cheapest product standing built in the resort. Thematically it makes barely a lick of sense, not that Disney even cares about that anymore. It is Pressler-era garbage.

But the trees have grown in nicely and the benches are made of popsicle sticks. A new build with a budget has people already afraid that it's likely to be a downgrade.

How? The literal best feature of Bugsland is that it is a place to sit and ideal for toddlers.

What one new build thing has Disney done outside of the Playland model (which is essentially just Bugsland with bigger kid flats) worse? Crappy layovers are a totally different track record.

TwilightZone

I think even if the theming of super hero land is lame it will be 100% better than bug's land. I'm pretty sure they are going to go all out with this new land. Not only that but marvel land will for sure have better rides than bug's land. Any and every ride is better than chew chew train.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
I think even if the theming of super hero land is lame it will be 100% better than bug's land. I'm pretty sure they are going to go all out with this new land. Not only that but marvel land will for sure have better rides than bug's land. Any and every ride is better than chew chew train.

Chew Chew Train is a charming and relaxing ride through oversized snack props. I rather ride it than the McIncredicoaster any day.

Last edited:

fctiger

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

This is a celebration! I would've been fine if ABL stayed but its a no-brainer getting rid of this small land for Marvel. I'm super excited now to hear what's coming. ABL the land may be dead but they are already moving one of the rides to PP and maybe another one may show up somewhere else at some point. But the announcement closure proves Marvel is coming in 2020 after all and any fears it may get delayed has been averted.

Last edited:

fctiger

This is what I mean about nostalgia though. Easily some of the worst rides in the resort. Definitely the cheapest product standing built in the resort. Thematically it makes barely a lick of sense, not that Disney even cares about that anymore. It is Pressler-era garbage.

But the trees have grown in nicely and the benches are made of popsicle sticks. A new build with a budget has people already afraid that it's likely to be a downgrade.

How? The literal best feature of Bugsland is that it is a place to sit and ideal for toddlers.

What one new build thing has Disney done outside of the Playland model (which is essentially just Bugsland with bigger kid flats) worse? Crappy layovers are a totally different track record.

Thank you! This post says it all for me and the argument I make over and over and over again once people get use to something and that nostalgia sets in then even the cheapest lands and rides gets people teary eyed when it leaves lol.

Thats why I find funny people think Pixar Pier can't stand the test of time because end of the day once people build an affinity or history with something then its harder to say goodbye to it. ABL was nice for what it was but end of the day it was a cheap quick fix to throw in a couple of kiddie rides because DCA 1. 0 was so lame and undeveloped they didn't have anything for a five year old to do. What they came up with was nice and passable but it was never meant to be NOS or FL. The fact that Disney never bothered to add one single new attraction since opening day tells you all you needed to know they never looked at this land as important, just filler. Once they found something it was always going to go.

And yet some people are treating it like its POTC or something. Trust me in 20-30 years when there is talk they may get rid of Marvel land (or whatever it will be called) for whatever hot new IP Disney now has these same people will be arguing why its unfair to get rid of that land. And my guess is no matter what they put in ML, its going to be ten times more popular than ABL just by name brand alone.

But thats the way it always goes. Hopefully it will be a great place and better than just a place with lots of shade lol.

fctiger

Honestly, it's amazing they aren't just retheming Bugs Land to Ant Man.

I actually think the first ride could bel be the Ant-Man ride being built in HKDL. It would make sense because A. Its already developed and B. It's a relatively small ride and can get built quickly. I seen the construction for myself in Hong Kong this summer and it looks like it will take about a year to build. Of course its a rebuild of Buzz Lightyear but I can see this being built in under two years easily IF they are going that direction.

Curious Constance

I actually think the first ride could bel be the Ant-Man ride being built in HKDL. It would make sense because A. Its already developed and B. It's a relatively small ride and can get built quickly. I seen the construction for myself in Hong Kong this summer and it looks like it will take about a year to build. Of course its a rebuild of Buzz Lightyear but I can see this being built in under two years easily IF they are going that direction.
Wow, a Buzz Lightyear rebuild? I'm glad to see Disney is trying to climb back on top in terms of cutting edge, innovative attractions that tell a great story.

TwilightZone

I think the better comparison is a toy story mania rebuild. I can't see the ant man ride having any physical sets at all.

Californian Elitist

Nostalgia has nothing to do with my opinion of bug’s land. As a child, I rarely stepped foot there and didn’t care.

I’ve already explained why I like it. A land themed to superheroes in DCA is somehow thematically better? If the land should be replaced, let it make sense. I have no doubt this superhero land will be Iger garbage, just like the most recent projects and the upcoming ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom