bumblebee movie 2018

erasure fan1

Original Poster
OK, so the first trailer is out and I have to say I think this could be a really good re start for the transformers.

I know people love to hate on the Bayformers, and I think he did overstay his welcome, I still enjoyed the movies. But this trailer gave me a much better feeling than I expected. I love how Bee and Star Scream have that original G1 look but it's still grounded in reality. I wonder since they canceled the next transformers movie, if this does well, do they use this as a new starting point or will it just be a one off and the real re-boot comes later.

Bairstow

I absolutely abhored the Michael Bay movies.

This, though, looks like it could be pretty good. I liked Kubo and the two Strings, so hopefully this director knows what he's doing. He's already publicly said that he's aiming for a live action version of The Iron Giant, which seems like a good plan. I definitely got Iron Giant vibes from the trailer, and noticed a shot or two cribbed from How to Train Your Dragon and Monster Trucks as well. Here's to hoping they keep the cast down to 2 or three robots and do everything exactly the opposite of how Bay did it.

erasure fan1

Original Poster
Here's to hoping they keep the cast down to 2 or three robots and do everything exactly the opposite of how Bay did it.
My hope is that they focus more on the robots and less on the humans. It should be mostly bee with Prime showing up kinda like Vader in Rouge one. And then you have a few decepticons show up and set up the reboot.

Bairstow

My hope is that they focus more on the robots and less on the humans. It should be mostly bee with Prime showing up kinda like Vader in Rouge one. And then you have a few decepticons show up and set up the reboot.

I just want a good story about the lead girl and her pet robot fighting the one bad robot.
I hope nobody shows up at the end.

erasure fan1

Original Poster
I just want a good story about the lead girl and her pet robot fighting the one bad robot.
I hope nobody shows up at the end.
I would be shocked if this movie didn't set up something bigger. They canceled the next main movie, and its way to big of a franchise to not continue. They will reboot it, so I would rather they make this the starting point, instead of releasing this then having to re-reboot it.

mf1972

i think i’ll wait for the reviews for this since the last one was so awlful. i’ll admit since the first movie, everything else was mediocre.
i think they have the director who made kubo & the 2 strings which i’ll admit was pretty good, so there’s hope. we’ll see

erasure fan1

Original Poster
i think i’ll wait for the reviews for this since the last one was so awlful. i’ll admit since the first movie, everything else was mediocre.
i think they have the director who made kubo & the 2 strings which i’ll admit was pretty good, so there’s hope. we’ll see
And that is the key, the director seems to be wanting to tell a more personal story. I think the studio got the hint with the last movie and even if Bay wanted to be back, I don't think they would have let him. Personally I think this has the chance to be better than the first movie, and I loved the first one.

Bairstow

Well I just saw it.
It's very clearly aimed at children and John Cena and his goons are basically cartoon characters, but for an action figure remake of The Iron Giant and Herbie the Love Bug it's pretty great.
This is the best Transformers movie by miles.

erasure fan1

Original Poster
Well I just saw it.
It's very clearly aimed at children and John Cena and his goons are basically cartoon characters, but for an action figure remake of The Iron Giant and Herbie the Love Bug it's pretty great.
This is the best Transformers movie by miles.
That's great to hear. I'm going to see it over Christmas break. The critics seem to like it as well so I hope it does well enough that they see the G1 direction is the way to go from here out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom