Disneyland's Main Street or Magic Kingdom's Main Street?

Disneyland's Main Street USA vs Magic Kingdom's Main Street USA

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Which park has the better Main Street in your opinion?

0819102086-M.jpg

DSC_4840%20as%20Smart%20Object-1-M.jpg

042820110071-M.jpg

Disneyland's Main Street

main-street-empty-wide-train-station-M.jpg

_FM78077%20as%20Smart%20Object-1%20copy-M.jpg

Walt%20Disney%20World%20May%202012%20980-M.jpg

Magic Kingdom's Main Street

Personally, I prefer Disneyland's by a lot. Yea, it doesn't have the huge castle at the end but DL's feels so much more like a small real main street haha. It has the best Main Street attraction ever with Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln, the fire house with Walt Disney's light in it, much more variety in stores (not just one big store like MK's), a better Railroad, the Main Street Vehicles are out much longer and more than MK. Most of all, Disneyland's just ozzes history and charm. :)

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
My favorite Main Street is actually DLP's because of the arcades and the bricked road, but I definitely prefer DL's over MK's. The bricked sidewalks of DL's Main Street simply look nicer than all the red concrete MK uses instead.
absolutely agree! Paris has by FAR the best Main Street. I feel there could be an entire forum or post about DLP's Main Street. So much detail and beauty and the best castle to top it all off. It is an great, great land!!

Animaniac93-98

Disneyland Paris, crafted of wood and masonry, shows the power of materiality in making a place when compared to the more plastic look of a very similar street at the Magic Kingdom. The material pallet of the Magic Kingdom really holds it back and is only made worse by turning the street into a big box store.

Isn't most of the "wood" in MK a kind of plastic to prevent being affected by Floridia's humid climate? I thought I read that somewhere.

I never noticed how "plastic" the castle looks like up close until I saw it again earlier this year. Or maybe that's just the current paint finish.

lazyboy97o

Isn't most of the "wood" in MK a kind of plastic to prevent being affected by Floridia's humid climate? I thought I read that somewhere.

I never noticed how "plastic" the castle looks like up close until I saw it again earlier this year. Or maybe that's just the current paint finish.
Yes, the materials were chosen due to the climate but it is not something that could not be overcome with proper detailing. Full masonry finishes, as wonderful as it would be, would not even be necessary as convincing brickwork can be sculpted in stucco and painted.

Last edited:

drizgirl

Not even close. DL's Main Street is able to pull off the small town feel. MK has given up too much of that feel trying to add space.

Ask me again though once Main Street in DL becomes the main entrance to the park with SWL. Ugh.

VJ

where's the option for "there is no better version, they both have their merits and should be viewed as such"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom