Void in Disney Springs

Naplesgolfer

Original Poster
What is everyone's opinion of this experience? I haven't been yet, but my kids said it was great and they were surprised it wasn't harder to book. They felt if this was a ride in the parks, the standby line would be 4 hours.

Cmdr_Crimson

Didn't DisneyQuest have like 3 VR experiences? I remember the Pirates, Cyberspace Mountain, and I think they even had a Star Wars fighting experience of sorts...
It was 2 Aladdins magic carpet, ride the comix..
Did they have that Jungle Cruise river type thing or am I thinking of something else?
The virtual Jungle Cruise was there it was another tie in with Honey I shrunk the Kids inventor Wayne Szalinski creating a time travel device and try to see how far you made through your journey..

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
We did this on Saturday for the first time. I have only done a couple of other VR experiences before, but I was blown away by this. You wear a vest and headset, which I didn’t find too heavy and found comfortable. I didn’t have a problem with my glasses. When I first put on my headset I could see my wife moving around in front of me as a Storm Trooper and we could talk to each other in the headset. When I moved my hand and fingers in front of me I could see an accurate and instant digital representation of my finger movements. Then the room dissolves and you’re in the story, which I thought was pretty exciting. You walk through some scenes and shoot at bad guys. At one point you have to walk onto a platform with lava below and that is a little intimidating because it looks real. It also got hot there and you could smell burning, which added to the feeling of being there. I thought it was amazing and highly recommend it.

EricsBiscuit

We did this on Saturday for the first time. I have only done a couple of other VR experiences before, but I was blown away by this. You wear a vest and headset, which I didn’t find too heavy and found comfortable. I didn’t have a problem with my glasses. When I first put on my headset I could see my wife moving around in front of me as a Storm Trooper and we could talk to each other in the headset. When I moved my hand and fingers in front of me I could see an accurate and instant digital representation of my finger movements. Then the room dissolves and you’re in the story, which I thought was pretty exciting. You walk through some scenes and shoot at bad guys. At one point you have to walk onto a platform with lava below and that is a little intimidating because it looks real. It also got hot there and you could smell burning, which added to the feeling of being there. I thought it was amazing and highly recommend it.
BLOWN AWAY. HahahhahhHha

World_Showcase_Lover007

I am confused as well, but all of Disney Springs is a Void to me. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a nice place, but there is not much Disney at Disney Springs. Just a bunch of shops and restaurants run by people other than Disney.

So is it a new VR experience? And where in DS is it located?

Naplesgolfer

Original Poster
I am confused as well, but all of Disney Springs is a Void to me. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a nice place, but there is not much Disney at Disney Springs. Just a bunch of shops and restaurants run by people other than Disney.

So is it a new VR experience? And where in DS is it located?

it's way in the back by Earl of Sandwich and One upon a Toy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom