Best Sandals? No Crocs or flipflops allowed.

KBLovedDisney

I don't like Crocs and I can't wear flipflops. I got mermaid toes and flipflops are very uncomfortable. But, I love sandals. I really want a good pair for walking on my next trip and for other future trips.

What do you guys recommend? Where did you purchase? And how much were they?

righttrack

I'd have to go with Teva as well. Having some ankle support is really good for walking. Also you defnitely want to break in any sandal, or any shoe really, before taking it to WDW. I don't want to tell the time I went to WDW for a week and brought only a new pair of sneakers and decided I'd go sockless. OMG! :in pain:

Upvote 0

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I'd have to go with Teva as well. Having some ankle support is really good for walking. Also you defnitely want to break in any sandal, or any shoe really, before taking it to WDW. I don't want to tell the time I went to WDW for a week and brought only a new pair of sneakers and decided I'd go sockless. OMG! :in pain:
How about arch support? Along with my mermaid toes, I am sooo flat-footed. (You'd think I was a good swimmer, but no:rolleyes:).

And ouch!

Upvote 0

righttrack

How about arch support? Along with my mermaid toes, I am sooo flat-footed. (You'd think I was a good swimmer, but no:rolleyes:).

And ouch!

I would only wear Tevas for short walk use. Never a park day. I am super flat-footed. F-L-A-T! I only wear sneakers in the park. New Balance 990s. They are life-changing if you are flat-footed. I know they are expensive, but do get yourself a pair if you haven't. Whether you'd use them on a trip or not. You won't believe the difference.

Upvote 0

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I would only wear Tevas for short walk use. Never a park day. I am super flat-footed. F-L-A-T! I only wear sneakers in the park. New Balance 990s. They are life-changing if you are flat-footed. I know they are expensive, but do get yourself a pair if you haven't. Whether you'd use them on a trip or not. You won't believe the difference.
I do have a good pair of sneakers that I keep purchasing and re-purchasing through the years, but I really want to stay away from sneakers (and socks, I really don't want to wear socks) for the trips. I guess I am not super duper flat-footed in that I can wear sandals and actually have a pair of white Dr. Scholls sandals. They have been the best I have ever owned, but they are getting worn down...and I really really really don't want to wear my 'brilliant-look-at-my-really-pale-feet-and-swimming-toes white' sandals this time.

Upvote 0

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Also, I do have some crazy upper arch on top of my foot pains going on recently, that I blame specifically on an old ballet injury...long story, but which is another reason I would like to purchase a good pair of sandals. Sneakers and anything else really binding (tighter than sandals) at the front part of my feet hurt me.

So Teva wearers, what have been your experiences? Full park days, any pain or blisters?

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I like my Teva Tirras (they're made for hiking and have a thicker sole, with better arch support, than some other slimmer models, like Teva Verras). They're particularly great for rainy days or wet rides (like Kali River Rapids), as they dry quickly and don't get slippery when soaked.

If I'm not going far and am in a flip-flop mood, I prefer Clarks (such as from the Breeze or Brinkley lines, which have a sneaker-like sole with lots of cushioning and support for the heel and ball of the foot, albeit not much arch support).

Upvote 0

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Thanks all for the advice, but I actually just did a quick impulse shoe buy during my lunch break...and they aren't Tevas. :oops::rolleyes: Sorry, I do appreciate all of the advice though. Promise! While I was looking online at the Tevas reviews, which were pretty decent, my feet started to SCREAM:arghh: at me after writing this post, more so than usual.

It's like they knew I was talking about them:cautious:

So I went to the mall during my lunch break and bought Earth Origin sandals, because they were the only pair there that were my size out of every brand. I've had these before, and still have a pair from like 10 years ago (I don't like throwing away shoes), but they are so worn down. Good shoes though! These are good too but more so the style I need, and will be breaking them in at work before the trip.:joyfull:

Upvote 0

Schneewittchen

I have plantar fasciitis-like pain in my right foot sometimes. I used to only recommend Asics runners. But now I can vouch for Vionic or ABEO sandals. I wore Vionics all over WDW this spring and it was great. Squishy with lots of arch support in Vionics:

images

I have about a million pairs.

Good arch and traction with ABEO Vibram soles as well.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I've been wearing Teva Hurricanes in the parks for like.... 8 years? They're super comfy to me, but I don't have flat feet. I can't do flip flops or any sandals that don't strap on all day in the parks. My feet and calves end up super sore from my toes holding the shoes on all day.

Upvote 0

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I have plantar fasciitis-like pain in my right foot sometimes. I used to only recommend Asics runners. But now I can vouch for Vionic or ABEO sandals. I wore Vionics all over WDW this spring and it was great. Squishy with lots of arch support in Vionics:

images

I have about a million pairs.

Good arch and traction with ABEO Vibram soles as well.
Oooo! Those are cute!

Upvote 0

Crazydisneygirl

Keens. I wore them 2 years ago and was putting on 30,000 steps a day and no problem. Plus great for water rides. My son outgrew his pair so we are getting new ones for this trip. Cabelas is good for these and they have Tevas that some were speaking of. Yesterday they had Tevas for $41 on sale. I also like my asolos for walking.

Upvote 0

slipperalwaysfits

I have Keen's, too!! They are amazing for water rides or when there's a sudden rainstorm and you can walk right through the puddles! I take sneakers to the park but sometimes, I take a break from the sneakers and wear the Keens. The change in footwear, even for an evening, really helps my feet!;) Good luck!

Upvote 0

Minnesota disney fan

Thanks all for the advice, but I actually just did a quick impulse shoe buy during my lunch break...and they aren't Tevas. :oops::rolleyes: Sorry, I do appreciate all of the advice though. Promise! While I was looking online at the Tevas reviews, which were pretty decent, my feet started to SCREAM:arghh: at me after writing this post, more so than usual.

It's like they knew I was talking about them:cautious:

So I went to the mall during my lunch break and bought Earth Origin sandals, because they were the only pair there that were my size out of every brand. I've had these before, and still have a pair from like 10 years ago (I don't like throwing away shoes), but they are so worn down. Good shoes though! These are good too but more so the style I need, and will be breaking them in at work before the trip.:joyfull:

I just bought Earth Origin sandals, too, for the first time. They were on sale at Famous Footwear:)
They are really comfortable, but I still dont' think they would be after a long day in the parks.
I have a pair of Clarks sandals that I love. I have had them for a while, and they are always comfortable wherever I go. Can't remember what I paid for them, but department store prices, so a lot.
I only wear tennis shoes while at WDW because I have weird feet and they are the only comfortable ones I have found for me. I wear Brooks and trade off with Easy Spirits.
Hope the EO's work out for you, but you might try Clarks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom