Trip Report The Never-Ending Summer Of Disney *COMPLETED*

Seriously?!!

Can you believe it??

BC7AE996-5BB5-4770-9C10-F20CE1197633.jpeg

This is jaw-dropping news!!

If only.

Two things in life give me the blues ~ the end of summer and the end of a Disney vacation. A never-ending summer of Disney would be a dream come true! But I am certainly happy to “settle” for a WDW vacay in June....in July....and in August. 😊And rather than write three separate trip reports (and annoy @amjt660 when my *COMPLETED* report really isn’t 😉) I decided to take @Rista1313 ’s suggestion and post an ongoing travelogue, à la @blgauger style.

So let’s get started!

Vacation #1
June 16-24, 2018
Tuvalu, Woody and Em get pampered at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Was there rain? Any snarky Cast Members? Ridiculous guest behavior? A Magic meet-up? How many times did we watch Happily Ever After?

You’ll have to follow along to find out.

davi

Appreciate your kind words. :happy: Was that your first stay at the WL or are you a “regular”?

Sadly only my second stay at WL. I thought it would be a good location for my grandparents with the boat to MK but it was a bit to much walking for them to the other buses. But we all enjoyed mornings on the balcony!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Compared to MK and Epcot, DHS seemed empty. I’m sure that has changed now with the opening of Toy Story Land and will only get worse when Galaxy’s Edge opens.

Speaking of things Star Wars ~
24FDB00E-E5CE-46A1-880B-E7E306533A4D.jpeg

A3B02F21-F860-4B34-895E-F50121B634BF.jpeg

F8686F07-B019-4E19-A065-C6C02078649E.jpeg

05EE3F81-9AB2-421C-B199-E3CE2C2E8FC6.jpeg

I rarely ride Star Tours and when I do it is with my eyes closed. Motion sensitivity and simulators don’t mix well. I already expect not to be able to ride whatever is built for Galaxy’s Edge. (No big disappointment for me as I’m not a Star Wars fan.....please hold your fire!)

Today when the simulator doors opened I walked in and continued walking out the exit door to wait for Woody and Em.

How I enjoyed Star Tours....
24720AB7-ECA0-4EE8-A5E7-48196E1EFE3D.jpeg
....it was definitely the RIGHT WAY!!

krause

Compared to MK and Epcot, DHS seemed empty. I’m sure that has changed now with the opening of Toy Story Land and will only get worse when Galaxy’s Edge opens.

Speaking of things Star Wars ~
View attachment 294815

View attachment 294816

View attachment 294817

View attachment 294818

I rarely ride Star Tours and when I do it is with my eyes closed. Motion sensitivity and simulators don’t mix well. I already expect not to be able to ride whatever is built for Galaxy’s Edge. (No big disappointment for me as I’m not a Star Wars fan.....please hold your fire!)

Today when the simulator doors opened I walked in and continued walking out the exit door to wait for Woody and Em.

How I enjoyed Star Tours....
View attachment 294819....it was definitely the RIGHT WAY!!

Star Tours is the worst simulator! It’s the only Disney one that makes me sick (Spider-Man in Universal Studios is also nauseating).

LeighM

I'm not a fan of Star Wars either! Never have been, never will be. I only see them with my husband because he loves them so much. I try to take a nap but its next to impossible because they are such loud movies. Although, I did manage to get a decent nap in the theater while watching The Last Jedi.....

slipperalwaysfits

Man! What an ordeal for Em with the buses! I applaud her trying to train in that heat! Too bad CM's were so blunt with her. Granted, they deal with SO MANY people but still, she needed a little compassion! A pool morning is a great idea, especially in that heat!
I enjoy HS, but I don't go on ToT. With the exception of Toy Story Mania and the Great Movie Ride (RIP :cry:) those rides in that park just don't "excite" me. I have a feeling that will change when I see TSL and Star Wars.

DisSplash

I love Muppet-Vision! My kids loved the Muppets too - I bought the TV show on DVD years ago when they were very small (it was a step up from Baby Einstein, I thought). It was cute hearing my then 5-year-old singing “Teenager in Love” from the Connie Stevens episode .. But those DVDs were also great for giving them a frame of reference for Muppet-Vision, so it’s also now one of their favorite attractions!

Thanks for the photo details of the shop! Some of it I have noticed before but how did I ever miss the Mickey shirt pants hanging on the clothesline?! So adorable.

MegRuss626

“It’s time to play the music
It’s time to light the lights....”

View attachment 295093

We’re ready!
View attachment 295094

Have you ever noticed the details in the Muppet Store?

View attachment 295097

View attachment 295101

View attachment 295098

View attachment 295096

Not Muppet related, but this print was in the store. Woody admired it but it was a little pricey.
View attachment 295099

What’s even better is they re-made Muppet Babies on Disney Junior! Ryleigh and I watch it all the time....for her of course, not my 31 year old self 😏

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I love Muppet-Vision! My kids loved the Muppets too - I bought the TV show on DVD years ago when they were very small (it was a step up from Baby Einstein, I thought). It was cute hearing my then 5-year-old singing “Teenager in Love” from the Connie Stevens episode .. But those DVDs were also great for giving them a frame of reference for Muppet-Vision, so it’s also now one of their favorite attractions!
:inlove:

Did they have orange bird antenna's in the muppet shop still? I'm kinda kicking myself for not buying 2!(a girl needs a back up right?)
Not sure but I can look for it on my next visit.

What’s even better is they re-made Muppet Babies on Disney Junior! Ryleigh and I watch it all the time....for her of course, not my 31 year old self 😏
I was never a big fan of the Babies.....Piggy’s voice irritated me.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Tuesday, con’t

Time to satisfy the rumblies in our tummies.
30A657AE-0DCE-4FD3-AA24-4EC9BFA99510.jpeg

I checked us in and joined Em who was waiting on a bench. This CM holding a pizza box caught my eye....was Mama Melrose taking to-go orders now?

D2BCE4D1-4A73-4040-98B7-53FE367EC8E7.jpeg

My curiosity got the better of me. I didn’t even worry about embarrassing Em. As I approached the CM to inquire about the pizza box, I chuckled.

Isn’t this a clever method for pin trading?!
9338DE56-CE6F-4A34-819D-C2C6A4F68D6F.jpeg

Our name was called and we followed the hostess to our table. It wasn’t “I’ve-worked-here-since-opening-day” Jean. But she was indeed working and Em managed to take a sneaky picture of her as she passed by.

21116818-04CE-49C1-B8DC-12F8AC7A0740.jpeg

Always wears her hair in a side ponytail. Always.

On our table were these things:
413E0157-7C3E-4C90-AF50-9E83B1634BAD.jpeg

4E8CEC48-D89E-465E-832A-4DDB124486CC.jpeg

CA175F1F-46A8-414D-9E3A-DC7769E918EF.jpeg

And 7 (count ‘em 7!) straws.
F0B3E0B8-B5D7-4EE6-B530-6809AEEE39E2.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Remember my TR intro tease of “any snarky cast members?” Em already introduced you to the first one (Ft. Wilderness bus driver.) Our Mama’s server would be #2.

Well into her AARP years, she moved slowly and seemed a tad scattered upon her initial arrival. She took our drink order and disappeared for a bit. When she returned, she had our rolls but not our drinks.

“Ready to order?” she asked, looking intently at me.

“I’ll have the steak, medium please.”

Her eyes shifted off me but she wasn’t looking at either Woody or Em when she spoke again. “What can I get you, hon?”

As Woody started to answer she interrupted with, “Well I guess he answers to hon!”

AWKWARD!!

Woody was taken aback since he hadn’t even heard her say “hon” just “What can I get you?” Em’s eyes met mine in shock at the snarky tone in our server’s voice. Woody ordered and although I can’t say I heard an audible sigh, her body language said it. She turned to Em. “Hon?”

Em ordered. When our server was out of earshot I said, “Clearly only women are to be referred to as ‘Hon’!”

“Clearly!” laughed Em.

Though service was sub-par, our food was excellent. I was so glad the strip steak with mac and cheese was back!
64973C69-720A-46C4-ACC7-6BE12D1BBF21.jpeg

Woody had the penne with chicken.
8C6DC5BF-88DD-4B0E-A2BC-0F68A54A660F.jpeg

Hon had a Margherita with her Margarita!
B7E99BAD-1487-4CA3-A233-869F4342EB63.jpeg

One last attempt at a Tuvalu photo on the sly....
1ABCA926-27D2-4587-B90C-3B604C25C2C7.jpeg

Almost! :joyfull:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
When we heard that the Star Wars fireworks show had recently changed to more projections and less fireworks, our desire to stay in the park until closing had waned. We decided to beat the Fantasmic crowd to the buses and were back at the Lodge in time for dessert!

61EEC577-9ACE-4456-979A-D6EF8F55CF20.jpeg

I did not care for this.

E51C3B5F-89BC-48DF-905D-15904BE367F9.jpeg

I could not get enough of this! :hungry:

How did we end Day #4?

I’m so glad you asked!
05BF365F-71C7-4082-BB91-87DA67D1F161.jpeg

6B800B4D-D4D3-4063-AC55-A2277D0C38D7.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom