Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

RunningKoen

It'll be my private topic with no one else responding (@Swissmiss , slightly disappointed in you!).

Will order a new 5K outfit because Hercules has no link to the Marvel theme. It does perfectly match with the 10K, so Im going for two outfits this year.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Sorry @RunningKoen - it's been a busy few weeks (but I did put a like on your post ;)). My registration is also done. Now if I could only run a bit more; my knee has felt fine the couple of times I ran a week ago but this past week has unfortunately been about being a responsible mother and manager ... the two things that can derail the best laid plans on running.

RunningKoen

Sorry @RunningKoen - it's been a busy few weeks (but I did put a like on your post ;)). My registration is also done. Now if I could only run a bit more; my knee has felt fine the couple of times I ran a week ago but this past week has unfortunately been about being a responsible mother and manager ... the two things that can derail the best laid plans on running.

I completely understand. My last three weeks were no regular workouts and only a 3 mile run, due to work. But I'll be ready for Paris!

And whats your prognosis for the knee? Still doing 36K?

RunningKoen

I was NEVER doing 36. I'm in for the half only. Except now I might see if any bibs open up for the 5k, because, you know, that medal... ;)
There's still the pin!
What are your outfit plans for the 21k and a 5K?

I could always check my TA if I can add a 5K bib to my booking and transfer it to you if you're 110% sure about doing the 5K ;-)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
There's still the pin!
What are your outfit plans for the 21k and a 5K?

I could always check my TA if I can add a 5K bib to my booking and transfer it to you if you're 110% sure about doing the 5K ;-)

I was wondering about that - I should call Disney because I did do a package booking with them and not a bib only so it might be possible. As for outfits, I try to run in mostly normal running clothes for a half, but at least try to use a color scheme that belongs to a disney character. Last year I was with friends and our kids and we did outfits from Monsters, Inc. I have Minnie Mouse related colors that I like running in so it will likely be that again for the half.

And at the moment this year I'm going solo, but my friend has been teetering on the fence for months. She says it's because she doesn't want me to be alone but I'm thrilled with the idea - no negotiations: just riding and eating what I want, when I want 😉

RunningKoen

I was wondering about that - I should call Disney because I did do a package booking with them and not a bib only so it might be possible. As for outfits, I try to run in mostly normal running clothes for a half, but at least try to use a color scheme that belongs to a disney character. Last year I was with friends and our kids and we did outfits from Monsters, Inc. I have Minnie Mouse related colors that I like running in so it will likely be that again for the half.

And at the moment this year I'm going solo, but my friend has been teetering on the fence for months. She says it's because she doesn't want me to be alone but I'm thrilled with the idea - no negotiations: just riding and eating what I want, when I want 😉

You should definitely call Disney: you already have a bib booked! Where are you staying btw?

And I completely understand why you like to go solo. It's amazing during such race weekends.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Called Disney? And any costume ideas for you?

Yes, so apparently there are still bibs to add to packages. As for costume ideas, I don't really know marvel characters well but will ask my 20 year old niece when she comes to visit in a few weeks what character would be the easiest to do with mostly normal running gear. A quick look leads me to think Black Widow (at least I think that's the name) as I already have numerous black running capris, skirts and pants, as well as a black running shirt. Seems to me all I'd need to do would be to put on a wig of the right length and color.

RunningKoen

Yes, so apparently there are still bibs to add to packages. As for costume ideas, I don't really know marvel characters well but will ask my 20 year old niece when she comes to visit in a few weeks what character would be the easiest to do with mostly normal running gear. A quick look leads me to think Black Widow (at least I think that's the name) as I already have numerous black running capris, skirts and pants, as well as a black running shirt. Seems to me all I'd need to do would be to put on a wig of the right length and color.

Watch the Infinity War movie. Like all of the marvel characters are in that one.

Im going for spiderman, his new outfit in that movie is beyond perfection. And MCU's version of Spiderman (Tom Holland) is the best.

RunningKoen

Not sure what to think of this. The definitely 'made in China' outfit from ebay just arrived.

I'm a Asian XXXL, for leggings. The shirt is mess however. Re-ordering a XL instead of XXXL shirt.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom