Trip Report The Never-Ending Summer Of Disney *COMPLETED*

Seriously?!!

Can you believe it??

BC7AE996-5BB5-4770-9C10-F20CE1197633.jpeg

This is jaw-dropping news!!

If only.

Two things in life give me the blues ~ the end of summer and the end of a Disney vacation. A never-ending summer of Disney would be a dream come true! But I am certainly happy to “settle” for a WDW vacay in June....in July....and in August. 😊And rather than write three separate trip reports (and annoy @amjt660 when my *COMPLETED* report really isn’t 😉) I decided to take @Rista1313 ’s suggestion and post an ongoing travelogue, à la @blgauger style.

So let’s get started!

Vacation #1
June 16-24, 2018
Tuvalu, Woody and Em get pampered at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Was there rain? Any snarky Cast Members? Ridiculous guest behavior? A Magic meet-up? How many times did we watch Happily Ever After?

You’ll have to follow along to find out.

MegRuss626

It was time for what should have been our 2nd....but was now our 1st....FP.

And this was the end of the FP line. Know where we are?
View attachment 294243
No, not Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (despite queuing in that direction.)

Know now?
View attachment 294244

Fifteen minutes to tap our bands does not a FP make! 😡

Once on Buzz we discovered why the lines were so backed up. The conveyor was moving super slow and the ride stopped three times. Sadly, even with the benefit of extra shots (due to the ride stoppage) none of us were able to score Galactic Hero (we haven’t watched the YouTube vids, @Zipitidoda). Em emerged the winner with 650,000 points.

View attachment 294241

Well this is a new camera angle.....
View attachment 294242

When even Buzz knows what the @Tuvalu pose is! 😂😂😂

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Monday, con’t

Em and I stopped by the club lounge after leaving the pool to check out the appetizer offerings.

D08F6A9F-A07A-4A56-8994-1AA31A2EBD89.jpeg

The inticing aromas of pulled pork and roasted chicken....plus loaded baked potato soup....worked their magic. I knew then and there we’d be ‘floating’ Spice Road Table again. 😂

Em and I could hardly clean up fast enough to return to the lounge for Happy Hour. Woody was so ready to stop working and relax with a glass of Cabernet.

F83B7E21-7D38-4FEF-817B-C3070F7CA544.jpeg

Em quickly finished her bowl of loaded baked potato soup and went back for seconds. I’d agree that it was the best loaded baked potato soup I’ve ever had. The chef popped by our table and we raved about the soup. I asked about the ingredients and when she began with “a pound of real butter and a quart of heavy cream” I stopped her.....no wonder that soup was DANG good!

The pulled pork had been cooked in the smokehouse next to the Lodge and was delicious. Topped with crunchy slaw, it made for a tasty sandwich.

While I am sure we would have enjoyed Spice Road Table tonight, we really enjoyed these apps-turned-dinner. I switched our ADR to Friday night....would we finally make it to Spice Road Table?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
When I logged into MDE to modify our ADR, I noticed the new Bus Times feature. How great would it be to know the expected time of the next bus before leaving your room?! I was so happy when bus monitors were installed at the resorts. I know the monitor times can be inaccurate and waits often end up longer than expected, but it is still reassuring to have some information.

AE352FD4-7FA4-4CE2-8EB6-9B66149DE582.png

Of course this app feature is only available to current resort guests. I don’t understand the panic of folks unable to access this feature when they are not (or not yet) on property. WHY DO THEY CARE WHEN THE NEXT BUS ARRIVES? Not to mention the increased demand those unnecessary inquiries put on MDE.

I couldn’t wait to try out the feature in the morning.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The three of us returned to our room for a little TV before desserts were offered at 8 pm.

Just a small plate 😉.
FA6355E9-0D25-4544-9C45-A26CC24FCA0C.jpeg

The “schtick” at Whispering Canyon Cafe has indeed been turned down. Every time we sat overlooking the lobby there was hardly any noise coming from the restaurant. It wasn’t obnoxiously loud before, but staff and guests could be heard having fun. Over the course of our week we only heard a faint “Ketchup!” a couple times.
Sigh.

You know where we were at 9:15 pm.
9185CD20-841A-4354-ABEA-4FEE40928EC9.jpeg

Happily Ever After ~ Night #3.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
When I logged into MDE to modify our ADR, I noticed the new Bus Times feature. How great would it be to know the expected time of the next bus before leaving your room?! I was so happy when bus monitors were installed at the resorts. I know the monitor times can be inaccurate and waits often end up longer than expected, but it is still reassuring to have some information.

View attachment 294330

Of course this app feature is only available to current resort guests. I don’t understand the panic of folks unable to access this feature when they are not (or not yet) on property. WHY DO THEY CARE WHEN THE NEXT BUS ARRIVES? Not to mention the increased demand those unnecessary inquiries put on MDE.

I couldn’t wait to try out the feature in the morning.

I wonder how that feature is going to work at resorts with multiple stops. For example, say Old Key West Resort, say around August 4th - 12th. (Asking for a friend! ;))

slipperalwaysfits

It feels like such a long walk out!
Space Mountain has ALWAYS felt like a long walk IN o_O I feel like I'm walking miles in there! I'm sure without the moving walkway, it will feel like a long walk out to me, too!

LTT’s Ooey Gooey Cake remains the best OGC on property! :hungry:
In four trips to Disney, I've never tried the Ooey Gooey Cake, I'll have to put it on my list this year!

I Teach So I Can Summer at Disney
YES! Thank you! And being up on my Disney trivia helps me connect to the little ones o_O

I knew then and there we’d be ‘floating’ Spice Road Table again. 😂
There's so much good food on that property....the only reason I don't gain weight is because of all the walking we do! :p:p

93boomer

Premium Member

Minnesota disney fan

Woody took this shot of Em and me before she wandered away to take a few pics.

View attachment 294126

View attachment 294127

View attachment 294128

View attachment 294129

I wouldn’t want to be the Tink who has to rappel down this cable.
View attachment 294130

It was a toasty morning and Woody and I had found a shady spot to stand in while we waited for the Welcome Show to begin. We like to tease Woody about being a “magnet” since he often attracts people with no sense of personal space thisclose to him. Today it was an “unofficial” Disney tour guide.

View attachment 294124
His backpack was much closer to Woody than the pics indicate.
View attachment 294125

How do we know this man was an “unofficial” tour guide and not a guest? He was spouting his “Disney knowledge” to three gum-chopping women who had just met up with him from their off-property hotel. He was very animated when he spoke, using large hand gestures, and nearly whacked Woody with his backpack several times. Woody kept moving away from him yet Mr. I-Know-All-About-WDW kept getting closer.

Em leaned over and whispered to me, “Where did they find this guy? Did they Google cheap, unofficial Disney Tour Guide?”

I know I would have demanded a refund at the end of the day. He was that bad.

Oh, I know how he feels. I hate all those huge backpacks some people bring with them. Are they packing for a month long trek of the himalaya's???? I always get one in front of me in line. I'll have to try the suggestion of putting my arm out to block them from swinging that ginormous thing in my face. grrrr............................

bee

Finally caught up! :joyfull:

On a side note, are your sandals Tevas? Are they comfortable enough to wear all day?
They are and YES!!
I'm not a big sandal wearer, BUT I love Teva boots. The first pairs of boots M and I bought when we moved to NJ were Tevas and they got us through our first TWO winters as pretty much the only boots we wore. They are waterproof (aka snowproof) and the calves are adjustable; as a runner and a plus-sized woman I have thicker-than-average calves so I usually end up buying wide calf boots but I was able to wear the standard size of Tevas.

We boarded our boat and passed the rainforest, desert and farmland scenes. The dog on the porch of everyone’s favorite farmhouse was barking loudly but his mouth was not moving. Oops!
Don't you know the dog is a ventriloquist??

MomofPrincessGrace

Woody, I feel your pain!!! Personal space is so important, I don't know why some people just don't get that :banghead:. You know those people who stand like 3 inches too close when they're talking to you so you have to like lean back at the waist? :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
I am known to "accidentally" bump into those that won't back off. Or make louder than necessary comments.... :joyfull::joyfull: I embarrasses my sister so much. Can't wait until my daughter hits the 'gosh mom quit embarrassing me' stage.

monykalyn

Well I've been off the boards for a bit (had our own June trip 2-16) and works been busy, plus it's lake season! But of course there's another Tuvalu TR and I'm posting in the 200's:oops:
POG is short for Pineapple, Orange, Guava juice. It is only served at a few places for breakfast on property (‘Ohana, Tusker House and 1900 Park Fare come to mind) and can be addictive for those who like it. (I believe it is also an important ingredient in @lostpro9het ‘s Castaway Cocktail.
There is no alcohol available at the HEA dessert party.
That juice is why I've been to 1900 PF twice in 3 months
Last I checked, roosters weren’t laying eggs! Lol!
But you'd be surprised at number of people who don't know you do not need a rooster to have a hen lay eggs- I have to explain this all. The. Time. I have 3 backyard hens. No rooster and yet I get eggs;)
How I miss the Daisy topiary that was here last month!
That's how I felt too- June was first trip since last August that there wasn't some sort of festival going on when we (well, I) went that Epcot was just ...empty. Flower and garden is my favorite though- that hard cider and lemon scone...:hungry:
When people get too close to me, I've been known to put my hand up and stop their backpack from getting any closer - when they turn around to see what's stopping them, I just look at them directly and say that I wasn't sure they saw me standing there. Or I might lift my arms to"fix my ponytail" and my elbow might hit someone. My response is always "I'm sorry I didn't realize you were that close." I embarrass my husband horribly.
me too lol! Or I turn my back then step back into them and apologize that "I didn't realize you were on my heels)".
Arty Poo?” she asked quizzically. (Bear in mind she was on her second glass of wine.)
:hilarious::hilarious:
none of us were able to score Galactic Hero (we haven’t watched the YouTube vids, @Zipitidoda). Em emerged the winner with 650,000 points.
Grab my oldest DD from her work location at Muppets- side benefit of being a CM is she gets galactic hero every time. No one wants to go on Buzz with her anymore lol
LTT’s Ooey Gooey Cake remains the best OGC on property
Definitely is -also one the one of the only TS we've repeated- largely due to this! It's weird to have alcohol here now though. I got a wine spritzer with dinner in June- just felt "wrong" to be drinking it.
I hate all those huge backpacks some people bring with them. Are they packing for a month long trek of the himalaya's?
I didn't carry that much stuff when I brought a young kid and a baby!

hope you eventually made it to spice road table- it was pretty good- the white wine sparkling sangria was good and decent view of Illuminations. It was our first time here in June.

Songbird76

Woody took this shot of Em and me before she wandered away to take a few pics.

View attachment 294126

View attachment 294127

View attachment 294128

View attachment 294129

I wouldn’t want to be the Tink who has to rappel down this cable.
View attachment 294130

It was a toasty morning and Woody and I had found a shady spot to stand in while we waited for the Welcome Show to begin. We like to tease Woody about being a “magnet” since he often attracts people with no sense of personal space thisclose to him. Today it was an “unofficial” Disney tour guide.

View attachment 294124
His backpack was much closer to Woody than the pics indicate.
View attachment 294125

How do we know this man was an “unofficial” tour guide and not a guest? He was spouting his “Disney knowledge” to three gum-chopping women who had just met up with him from their off-property hotel. He was very animated when he spoke, using large hand gestures, and nearly whacked Woody with his backpack several times. Woody kept moving away from him yet Mr. I-Know-All-About-WDW kept getting closer.

Em leaned over and whispered to me, “Where did they find this guy? Did they Google cheap, unofficial Disney Tour Guide?”

I know I would have demanded a refund at the end of the day. He was that bad.
Wait....you mean, people actually pay someone to be a guide for Disney? Are there seriously businesses that offer this service? I know someone who would be perfect for the job....annoying, know-it-all, perfectly willing to tell you what you SHOULD want to do in Disney, and he lives near there. I'd take a hard pass on this though. I'd rather go where I want to go.

Songbird76

Next we wandered over to Storybook Circus. The summer sun was strong and for a brief moment I considered running through the Splash area. Not wanting to mortify my family I passed.

The train was in the station and we entered the queue for the MPB (Moving Park Bench). However the conductor signaled “All Clear” and we just missed the train. The CM said it would be at least a 20 minute wait since only one train was running. Typically on busy days (like today!) there are 3 trains on the tracks and the wait time in the station is 7 minutes. It made me wonder if only one train was operating due to the exit situation at Space Mountain....fewer trains = fewer times to close the exit line.

Bummed, we left the queue and headed for our lunch destination, hoping we could check in early.

Hello, castle!
View attachment 294250

View attachment 294251

I went to the desk while Em and Woody found a (non-moving) bench. 😉
View attachment 294252

Even though we were somewhat early we were seated right away.
View attachment 294256

View attachment 294254

I had two views. An indoor one....
View attachment 294255

....and an outdoor one!
View attachment 294253

I don’t remember much about our server other than she allowed me to order the Pilgrim’s Feast, which is not on the menu.
View attachment 294257

Woody was glad the pot roast is back on the menu.
View attachment 294258

Em apparently had.....nothing. No pic, no food? I recall her eating the Freedom Pasta with Chicken.

However, she did not forget to photograph our dessert ~
View attachment 294259
LTT’s Ooey Gooey Cake remains the best OGC on property! :hungry:
What is the difference between the Pilgrim's feast and the Patriot's platter?

MinnieM123

Premium Member

You just gotta feel bad for those folks . . . :facepalm: :p

I'm not a big sandal wearer, BUT I love Teva boots. The first pairs of boots M and I bought when we moved to NJ were Tevas and they got us through our first TWO winters as pretty much the only boots we wore. They are waterproof (aka snowproof) and the calves are adjustable; as a runner and a plus-sized woman I have thicker-than-average calves so I usually end up buying wide calf boots but I was able to wear the standard size of Tevas.

I've been wearing Teva sandals for years--best sandals on the market. Love all the adjustments you can make to get them for be form fitting, and their rubber soles are very substantial. I was surprised to read about Teva boots! Didn't have a CLUE they made boots, too!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am enjoying reading this report :bookworm:! one day maybe I will do a trip report.:rolleyes:
Thanks for following and I hope you do!

What is the difference between the Pilgrim's feast and the Patriot's platter?
The Pilgrim’s Feast is only turkey and sides. If you scroll back to my menu pic you can see what is offered with the Patriot’s Platter.

I was surprised to read about Teva boots! Didn't have a CLUE they made boots, too!
Me either ~ thanks for the tip @bee!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom