Trip Report *COMPLETED* No Ring (delayed), No Rivers Light, & Donald Duck’s the President

As I stir my pasta noodles for dinner, a single tear slides down my cheek. DEPRESSION. It’s cold, it’s dark, and I am home…this unfamiliar place that is not my Disney World hotel room. (PLUS WHY AM I COOKING?!) This cold Philadelphia air chills me to the core, and when I woke up this morning I contemplated chucking my cell phone out the window. I knew my alarm was waking me up for work, not to catch a Disney bus. What is this life?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY does it have to end?! The hardest part of planning, and changing your plans, and obsessing over your plans, and then finally living out your plans is the part at the end. The part where it’s all over, it’s all done, and going on a Disney website, or checking a restaurant menu is like pouring salt on an open wound.

As you can tell from my title, no I didn’t get my Disney World proposal and no I didn’t get to see Rivers of Light. Thought I would throw all the heartbreak right at you from the get go, so we can move on to happier memories. (This just means my boyfriend owes me a BIGGER diamond, and a trip back! Maybe when ROL opens?!)

I have just returned from the most fabulous trip to Disney, and I am already itching to go back. I am trying to convince someone, anyone (hello out there!) to book a weekend getaway… That’s the thing with Disney, they always leave you wanting more! Unless it’s it just something us Disney addicts feel, we are always eager for our next fix!

For those who don’t know me, I’m Nicole, and I love Disney World. I have loved Disney World for 11 years now. (This is how they start these meetings right?!)

FE835E30-2B05-42E3-AC2A-28B52A934E2B_zpssokjhylt.jpg

I was in the Disney bubble from November 4th to November 13th and it was not enough time. NOT ENOUGH TIME I TELL YOU!!! I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and fell truly, madly, and deeply in love with this BEAUTIFUL riverside resort. My last two trips have been in July and August, and I think those trips (in the summer nonetheless) were MUCH less crowded. SO MANY PEOPLE! It was the end of a race weekend, the last week of food and wine, NJ teacher convention week, and election week. One word of advice, DO NOT EVER GO AT THIS TIME! (keep rereading the go at as goat LOL)

Let’s begin!

November 4th-

Our flight was not until 5:50 PM Friday night. I originally was planning to work in the morning, but it turned out I was able to take the whole day off. Of course I woke up super early with excitement, did all my last minute packing, and then stared at the clock for hours on end. Go figure!

CFF8A16B-E3B6-415B-8571-A9DADEE5B881_zpswmtft2zw.png

This text arrived and my anxiety immediately started kicking in. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN! Will we not have room? Will they downgrade us to a tent along the riverbank? Will I have to fight off alligators and zika mosquitoes while sleeping outside? My boyfriend tried to calm my fears, and decided we should get a move on it. Airport here we come!

SEPTA was on strike (public transportation buses, etc) so of course traffic was nightmare! I tried my hardest not to freak out and bite off all my nails before even reaching Orlando.

D1CFAF7B-AB66-4105-A88F-1B71C44450D5_zpsxlfnsmus.jpg

After what seemed like forever, we made it! Hustled through security and straight for the bar!

60AE4E92-A7BF-4E19-B268-91FBF98DFA7A_zpso0ftiut2.jpg

Round 1

03FBEE83-CACE-4B42-A55A-F71944EB8276_zpsx039ncow.jpg

Round 2

4887B6FC-ABF2-4CED-B60A-A02FC82E43BE_zpsrecgid4e.jpg

Round 3—oops?

2F886687-D05C-43E1-8645-E74B01EDE1F2_zpsgob94hfj.jpg

And our first food picture of the trip! Chicken tenders! My anxiety was so high all day that I forgot to eat, and I was feeling pretty tipsy. Food is always a good idea!

We paid our tab, and decided to wait by the gate for our magical plane to Orlando! TAKE ME HOME BABY!!!

8BABCCC3-8265-48BB-BCC3-E5DAF156EA33_zpshz79ihgu.jpg

Ummm.. where is our plane?

E6D9AC7F-8DA7-4399-9AC9-733C02DC834A_zpsujuaa1nn.jpg

Come to find out our flight is delayed until 7 PM… I was too hyper and couldn’t sit still so off we went to check out the airport shops and burn off some energy.

We stumbled upon this wonderful sight, and couldn’t resist.

C1D8A85C-A69F-4490-B307-E432C68FBC09_zpsza90wlol.jpg

3C5D42D8-2A0B-4C70-9686-13BFD45EC0CC_zpswsfgeqd5.jpg

So much for trying to stay hungry to use up those quick service meals tonight!

The time ticked by soooooooooooo slowly. We watched a woman scream at the American Airlines attendant because he was making her check her bag… SCREAM. She kept threatening him, saying she was going to call Disney and tell them he ruined her trip. There was a family standing beside us, and they told the father he had to go on a later flight because they oversold the plane, and even he didn’t go as ballistic as this woman. Getting to Disney is stressful people!

Soon I was admiring this stunning view. HAPPY PLACE HERE I COME!

E5E3526E-82C9-49A4-AFFA-0B9B9CFCF22F_zpsenw2unjz.jpg

And we’re off!

5BB8E543-68A5-47FC-8F92-6138612BE98A_zps2sdvsm7r.jpg

Our flight was quick and painless, and soon the announcement came on that we arrived in Orlando!! A little boy a few rows behind us screamed out “NOOOOOOOO, we went to the wrong place! We are supposed to be in Disney World!”

I showed my boyfriend what I pro I was at maneuvering through the Orlando airport, B side, you can’t hide from me! My Mickey turned green and all my anxiety from earlier in the day melted away. The familiar aroma of the Orlando airport, the big Mickey hands waving you home, the smiling cast member’s faces, it didn’t matter if I’d be sleeping in a river, I was here!

77C06C58-A998-4E94-96FF-EF2F9C4F016E_zpspqch4zsc.jpg

Our magical express filled up quickly, and I didn’t even mind that we were one of the last stops. I soaked up that arrival feeling, the feeling that a full trip is ahead of you, that this really is the ultimate moment of beginning, that the possibilities are truly endless. Plus, it gave me more time to answer trivia questions! I think everyone on the bus thought I was psycho with the amount I got right!

714FB09D-BCC2-41CD-BB79-D7DF229D4469_zpseyas2cwx.jpg

46DF5011-04CD-4D8F-AFBA-F965D692D8E4_zpssjj7tdnn.jpg

And off we drove into the night. Even though the sign wasn’t lit up due to construction, I still felt it. The transition to being “on property”. That butterflies fluttering in your stomach feeling, when you know you’ve truly been welcomed home.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Wow, that's quite the update. Congratulations! These pictures are beautiful and fun, you both look so happy!!
This last picture of you in the gazebo, the flowers, the dress, the background, etc. Simply stunning. Cheers!

Thank you! Life’s been crazy with planning a wedding and a honeymoon, and then living it all! LOL! Went to Hawaii and saw a DVC van heading to Aulani, almost hitchhiked myself there! Unfortunately wasn’t on a oahu long enough to make a visit, and I want my Hawaii Ears! Currently stalking eBay but need to get my behind back in work mode to pay all my bills LOL. Thanks for all the compliments! :)

Congratulations Nicole! You and Joe look so joyful! Your photos are absolutely stunning! What a beautiful wedding! Thanks so much for sharing your photos with us!

Thank you so much! I honestly was the happiest girl in the whole world that day, who would have thunk such a feat could happen in a Stroudsburg PA and not Orlando FL? LOL

Huge Congrats!!!!

Thank you!!!

Congratulations!🎉🍾. The wedding looked so pretty and you both look so happy. I hope you have many happy years together!

Thank you! It honestly was perfect and I dont think I would change one thing! My girls walked down to Colors of the Wind and everyone knew instantly my Disney touches would continue! Muhahah!

Congratulations!! Best wishes to the both of you--I knew you got married recently, as another member mentioned the date a while back. LOVE your gown--so pretty!!!! Thanks for sharing a few pictures with us. :happy:

Thank you so much! I want to wear my dress again! Waaaa! Lol! Maybe I can hire a photopass photographer to take some pics of me at my castle! ;) everyone in Disney would think I’m nuts but I honestly felt like a true disney princess in it!

Congratulations!!!

Thank you so very much!

Congratulations!! You guys look like you a Disney prince and princess! :happy:

Ariel and Eric right? My cousin said in her speech Joe has Prince Eric hair hahaha!!

Congratulations!! You & Joe look absolutely stunning--as does the venue. Simply beautiful!! I love the Mickey too!!

Thank you it was honestly such a perfect day! I could not have asked for better weather! :)

BEEEYOUTIFUL dress, Nicole!! You both look so happy!

I was so happy! I may even have to admit I was happier than riding Splash Mountain! And that’s saying something! Lol! Thanks so much :)

Congratulations Nicole

All the best to you and your family

Max

Thanks max! I feel so lost on the forums but need to get back! I miss my Disney family! ;)

Congratulations! You liked beautiful and the gown was gorgeous and really suited you. I love the way you managed to get some Disney in there too. :):)

I snuck in a lot of Disney! It would not be my wedding if not! Lol! And my dress is sadly now just hanging in my closet... so tempted to wear it around the house but joe would think I’m nuts LOL

How wonderful, beautiful, and amazing!!! Huge congratulations to you both! I was looking for a hidden Mickey in your bouquet, or somewhere in the lace of your dress (by happenstance, of course 😉), and then I saw the nameplate for your table. Very discreet and still so sweet - a nice Disney touch! 😊.

I had a couple Disney touches throughout the day, would you expect anything less? Muhaha! Thanks so much for the sweet wishes!!!

Wow!! Congratulations!! You look stunning!!! Love the Mickey touch ❤️

Thank you I am blushing! :)

I literally CANNOT believe how beautiful you look & how amazing your wedding looked. I'm a sap for some good ol' fashioned L-O-V-E. Wishing you the happiest lifetime of love and I hope it's filled with all the trips to Disney that Joe will tolerate :inlove:

Thank you! It was a long time coming but all my dreams came true! And now I have to be. Disney princess and live happily ever after with Disney vacation club and multiple trips to the world. Muahaha! Poor joe!

Congrats and Best Wishes to you and Joe! I've been following on instagram and looks like you had a great Honeymoon!

Thank you so much! And hawaii was insanely beautiful, I’m glad we went! Although joe knows next time we just get to Aulani! We wanted to Uber there one day but just didn’t have enough time planned on Oahu! Guess this just means I’ll be back! ;)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Congratulations on your wedding, Nicole!!! You and Joe looked great! Also, welcome home from your honeymoon!! Just to make you miss Disney just a little more, we brought the Florida weather to PA, just for you!!! :p

Seriously came back for Hawaii and almost passed out bringing my suitcase up the stairs! What is this weather! Get me out of here! Lol I feel like I’m in Orlando in July, but without all the theme parks :(

Thanks so much :)

Congratulations!!! It looks like it was a beautiful wedding!!! I love your dress!

Thank you! It was a perfect day and I’m so over the moon happy still!

Congratuations! Looks like an absolutely beautiful wedding.

Thank you so much!! :)

Congratulations to you both! Such a beautiful venue and gorgeous dress! Joe isn't so bad either. ;) Best of wishes to you guys!

Thank you! I got to have my wedding in the woods dreams come true. Now just gotta renew our vows one day at the Grand Floridian and I can officially die happy LOL

LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing wedding pictures!! Congrats to you both. As a photographer I'm jealous of those beautiful views....:inlove:

I wish you were my photographer!!! Come to PA! Lol! It was such a pretty day it feels like it was a dream!

Congratulations! Y'all both look so happy! That dress is AMAZING!

Thank you! I am so happy! Joes not too thrilled about his new jewelry LOL but I think he’s ecstatic about being my Prince Charming!

Congratulations! You were an absolutely stunning princess bride that put Ariel to shame. 😋 So happy your wedding and honeymoon were perfect! ❤️

Thank you so much! And you are sooooo soon! I cannot wait to see you as a bride! You truly get to feel like a princess for a day, not that we aren’t princesses in real life by any means! :p

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I know I’ve said it before but what a beautiful wedding and stunning location and bride. Wishing you many years of happiness together

Thank you so much! Wish I could have had a big Disney family reception in magic kingdom because y’all are so sweet to me! Thank you for all your kindness, and I guess you can have the beast all to yourself now ;)

Congratulations!

Thank you sooo much! :)

Congratulations on you beautiful wedding! Cheers to a long happy marriage.

I saw this online and thought a fellow Ariel lover would want it also.

https://www.shopdisney.com/ariel-seashell-shoulder-bag-by-loungefly-1472118

Thank you! And the Disney parks app robs my bank account monthly! :p thankfully I spent so much on my honeymoon I must be accumulating reward dollars so I can add that item to my cart :)

Okay, I am a MILLION years late, and just read this ENTIRE report today! THE HIGH's... the Low's (No ROL, No ring.. initially!), what ride!!! I went from not engaged, to the sweetest engagement ever, to THE WEDDING DAY! You looked like a TRUE princess! Congrats!!!!

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! You got the whole thing at once! LOL lot of lows and then extreme highs in between it all!

You looked SO beautiful!!!

Thank you! I felt like a princess! :p

Wow your wedding pictures are wonderful, good luck to both of you on your new life together!

Thank you very much! Can’t believe I’m a married woman now!

Congratulations!! You guys look so happy. Many blessings, for a long and happy life together.

Thank you :) I still feel on cloud 9 and it’s almost a month later so that’s gotta be a good sign! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom