Discount disney gift cards

eliza61nyc

I thought I remembered reading that folks could pick up Disney gc's somewhere for a few dollars cheaper than face value. Does anyone know where and how this is done?
Getting ready for my August trip and this might save me a few dollars off of the meals lol since I'm taking 4 college students who eat like they are condemned and it's their last meal. :arghh::arghh:

lilclerk

Target if you have a Red Card, Sam's Club or BJ's if you have a membership.
That website linked above says you can buy Disney cards with Target gift cards, but they stopped allowing that a couple of weeks ago.

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

If you sign up for swagbucks, they give $5 back for every $50 you spend plus 2% at Best Buy. This can be applied to Disney cards and if you pay with a cash back credit card, it works out to like 10-12% savings!

If you go through sam's club, download an apply called DOSH. They give back 2% on sams purchases (sometimes 8% on the weekends) then they always offer a "spin for bonus up to 8x your cash back" or "additional cash back bonus up to $100"

Target will save 5% if you use your red card. (credit or debit)

I'm in the ways to save disney group and these are the most popular ways.

Upvote 0

HwdStudio

If you sign up for swagbucks, they give $5 back for every $50 you spend plus 2% at Best Buy. This can be applied to Disney cards and if you pay with a cash back credit card, it works out to like 10-12% savings!

If you go through sam's club, download an apply called DOSH. They give back 2% on sams purchases (sometimes 8% on the weekends) then they always offer a "spin for bonus up to 8x your cash back" or "additional cash back bonus up to $100"

I’m bookmarking this. I knew about target but not about the other methods you mentioned. Thanks for the great info!

Upvote 0

eliza61nyc

Original Poster

ok, don't get mad but what are "Swagbucks". lol

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

ok, don't get mad but what are "Swagbucks". lol

Swagbucks is a site where you earn rewards for completing offers, surveys, etc. I've made about $650 since joining but I've seen others who have made $1,000-$2,000.

Here's my referral link if you want to sign up: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/janelliz

Check out the ways to save facebook group I posted above and here's a group dedicated solely to using swagbucks for disney. They post every offer that is free or money making.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1957913257820256/?ref=bookmarks

The disboard also has threads on Swagbucks and Discounted gift cards.

Upvote 0

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
Swagbucks is a site where you earn rewards for completing offers, surveys, etc. I've made about $650 since joining but I've seen others who have made $1,000-$2,000.

Here's my referral link if you want to sign up: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/janelliz

Check out the ways to save facebook group I posted above and here's a group dedicated solely to using swagbucks for disney. They post every offer that is free or money making.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1957913257820256/?ref=bookmarks

The disboard also has threads on Swagbucks and Discounted gift cards.
Awesome!! Thank you soo much.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

Target if you have a Red Card, Sam's Club or BJ's if you have a membership.
That website linked above says you can buy Disney cards with Target gift cards, but they stopped allowing that a couple of weeks ago.
You don't need a membership for BJs or even have to live near one as the gift cards can be ordered online: https://www.bjs.com/search/disney gift card/q

Although Target is the better deal with 5% off if you have a red card. I am seeing on the Target site that the gift cards are no longer available in stores and they have changed their policy of using a Target gift card to purchase a Disney one.

Upvote 0

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
This is relatively easy. You can buy Disney gift cards pretty much anywhere. My favorite is when Lowe's offers to give me $30 free to spend at Disney. I always laugh to myself as I'm checking out. Most cards run promotions for statement credits - Amex, Visa, MC, and even Lowe's and Home Depot. Lowe's and HD will run a 10% statement credit from time to time. I'll walk in to Lowe's and buy $300 worth Disney Gift Cards and end up paying $270 (after the statement credit is applied).

Key is to pay it off - don't ever finance it - because the interest will get you. Once purchased - I'll get home, login, and make a $270 payment. I walk in to Disney usually with $100-$150 of free money.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

You don't need a membership for BJs or even have to live near one as the gift cards can be ordered online: https://www.bjs.com/search/disney gift card/q

Although Target is the better deal with 5% off if you have a red card. I am seeing on the Target site that the gift cards are no longer available in stores and they have changed their policy of using a Target gift card to purchase a Disney one.
You do have to be a BJs member, but they have an "online only" access membership for something like $10/year. You'll save more than that in gift card purchases easily.

And my local Target still sells Disney cards, but the website hasn't shown which stores have them in a long time. You kinda have to just go check and see. Very true that you can't use Target gift cards to purchase them anymore.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

You do have to be a BJs member, but they have an "online only" access membership for something like $10/year. You'll save more than that in gift card purchases easily.

And my local Target still sells Disney cards, but the website hasn't shown which stores have them in a long time. You kinda have to just go check and see. Very true that you can't use Target gift cards to purchase them anymore.

Sorry. I didn't realize that they charge now. I bought Disney gift cards from them 2-3 years ago and they did not require a membership. If you're not a member, the discount is very little then--unless you are buying $1000s worth.

When I went into my local Target store, they had removed all Disney gift cards and said that Target was no longer going to stock them in the stores---only online. I guess some Target stores were quicker to remove them than others.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

When I went into my local Target store, they had removed all Disney gift cards and said that Target was no longer going to stock them in the stores---only online. I guess some Target stores were quicker to remove them than others.
Ugh. Yeah I was just at my store the other day and they had tons of cards. Maybe they're just letting them sell out. :(

Upvote 0

eb3257

When I went into my local Target store, they had removed all Disney gift cards and said that Target was no longer going to stock them in the stores---only online. I guess some Target stores were quicker to remove them than others.[/QUOTE]

This is so disappointing that they are removing these from the stores! I've been picking them up here and there to save for our next trip.

Upvote 0

Dave B

This is relatively easy. You can buy Disney gift cards pretty much anywhere. My favorite is when Lowe's offers to give me $30 free to spend at Disney. I always laugh to myself as I'm checking out. Most cards run promotions for statement credits - Amex, Visa, MC, and even Lowe's and Home Depot. Lowe's and HD will run a 10% statement credit from time to time. I'll walk in to Lowe's and buy $300 worth Disney Gift Cards and end up paying $270 (after the statement credit is applied).

Key is to pay it off - don't ever finance it - because the interest will get you. Once purchased - I'll get home, login, and make a $270 payment. I walk in to Disney usually with $100-$150 of free money.
Is this always available or just special times

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom