News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Rich Brownn

I remember in 1990 (!) being in line for Jaws at Uni (the first version). We were held at the dock due to a storm. The dispatcher had a gadget that beeped everytime lightning within a defined radius was detected. Now you can get a graphical representation of it on the phone in your pocket. I’m sure park technology has come as far.

And yes, we got to ride Jaws version one :)
We get the alerts over the radio from Central. Greeters always have a radio so them and the team captains are the first to know at an attraction.

briangaw

Was looking at the recent @bioreconstruct aerials and noticed in the Hollywood Studios Skyliner station. Does anyone know if the building in the bottom right corner is related to the station? Noticed the decking going in on the top right corner of the building and it looks interesting more like dock decking or porch decking.

DgZg6t_U8AAqmlj.jpg:large

cosmicgirl

Was looking at the recent @bioreconstruct aerials and noticed in the Hollywood Studios Skyliner station. Does anyone know if the building in the bottom right corner is related to the station? Noticed the decking going in on the top right corner of the building and it looks interesting more like dock decking or porch decking.

Given the wooden structure to the left this is more likely to be for a concrete pour. They simply hadn't put it upright yet when the picture was taken.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

There have been permits mentioning a bus loop restroom, maybe that is what this is going to be.

briangaw

Given the wooden structure to the left this is more likely to be for a concrete pour. They simply hadn't put it upright yet when the picture was taken.

I was thinking that too. Then I zoomed in and they went through a bunch of effort to have concrete block bases so seemed like a lot of effort just for form work, but is most probably true.

There have been permits mentioning a bus loop restroom, maybe that is what this is going to be.

Thanks for the insight. Could be. There is a good deal of electrical rough in though. We shall see.

cindy_k

So there are no windows in the station? Those panels don't look like they are one-way see thru. That appears to be very cave like to me. o_O

cosmicgirl

So there are no windows in the station? Those panels don't look like they are one-way see thru. That appears to be very cave like to me. o_O
It's just the roof, why should it have windows? If anything, they're saving us from exposure to intense sunlight during the final minute of our 270-minute wait for our gondola home ;).

Last edited:

J. D.

I remember in 1990 (!) being in line for Jaws at Uni (the first version). We were held at the dock due to a storm. The dispatcher had a gadget that beeped everytime lightning within a defined radius was detected. Now you can get a graphical representation of it on the phone in your pocket. I’m sure park technology has come as far.

And yes, we got to ride Jaws version one :)
That's really cool you got to ride the original version. I was a skipper there in the early 2000s and loved hearing stories of the ride's early days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom