News Dragon caught fire in today’s Festival of Fantasy parade

DisneyDebRob

Know what caused it is easy. Knowing how to prevent it from repeating is harder. They are not going to rebuild as it and just hope it does not happen again.
The way you prevent it from happening again is more maintenance checks then before. The system they had was the proper and safest way to run it. Someone missed a sign to take it offline and fix it.

Disone

The way you prevent it from happening again is more maintenance checks then before. The system they had was the proper and safest way to run it. Someone missed a sign to take it offline and fix it.
Maybe be all true. I'd even go as far as to say likely. However as stated it is an opinion. Investigations don't work that way. But suspect You know that.

donsullivan

Premium Member

Do you know that factually, or are you just speculating and stating it as fact?

DisneyDebRob

Do you know that factually, or are you just speculating and stating it as fact?
This is what I have heard after asking a friend who works in the area. My wife is in the safety and gas business and when I stated back on page 4 or 5 what she thought could have happened, I said that as speculation. Since then I found out she was right on the money.

Unplugged

Perhaps it's just by chance of the video (plus it's quite short), but the flame pulses look shorter in duration and not as intense. Makes me think that for safety sake, they have "tuned" their system to be slightly less dramatic. Still looks great though. I'm sure this would be welcome at MK. Better option than the suggested Disco Dragon.

Squishy

Perhaps it's just by chance of the video (plus it's quite short), but the flame pulses look shorter in duration and not as intense. Makes me think that for safety sake, they have "tuned" their system to be slightly less dramatic. Still looks great though. I'm sure this would be welcome at MK. Better option than the suggested Disco Dragon.
The DLP flames were always shorter than WDW's duration

cjkeating

Based on the music this isn't the point in the choreography for the prolonged burst of fire. Hopefully it has been restored as it was previously.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom