What was the best part of your last trip??

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
So, as most of us here see, there is a large group of folks who thought Disney was 1000 times better back in the day, and there are a large group of us who wonder why folks still go when they come back and either just complain or compare it to 19____. So I thought maybe that's the disconnect, maybe it's because all we hear is how magical it was XYZ years ago and how terrible it is today, that we wonder why people go back.

So thinking back on your last trip, what was good or magical? if anything? when was it (trip)?

Next trip, end of August

I'll start, my last trip was in April with 3 of my best friends (35 years, met in college, sorority sisters) .
Most magical experience: Wild African trek and dinner at Le Chefs france.
WAT was awesome!!!

NeedMoreMickey

Last trip was in March and we had two magical experiences.
Planned our FP for Kilimanjaro Safaris around sunset. Got to see a lot of the animals out and moving but the best before we were around the corner we could hear the lions. The male and a female were on top of the rocks roaring at each other.
Got to cross off my bucket list of hitting all four parks in one day.

KBLovedDisney

Other than the hubs surprising with the day solo trip for an early birthday and Christmas present just so I could ride GMR one last time (which was the absolute absolute best), Disney itself never ceases to amaze me. I was in line with a CM who was riding the ride too and we pretty much became instant buddies and talked about Disney the entire 70 minute wait. That was the coolest thing! I might have planned on going to ride GMR solo, but this lady was the sweetest person:inlove:. Made me smile the rest of my trip!

belledream

Last trip was September 2017. The best part by far was seeing Happily Ever After for the first time. I didn’t know what to expect from the projections, soundtrack, or anything of that sort, and the moment the music started to play, I felt that rush that only a first experience can bring you. The ‘You’ll Be In My Heart” part brought tears to my eyes since we were longing for a family so much that year. HEA inspired me to make my dream come true, and not just wish. Sounds melodramatic, but I truly believe it saved us. Now sitting in bed with my baby boy (who listened to the HEA soundtrack a lot in utero) and I just love thinking about all the wonderful memories we will share at Disney in the years to come!

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Last trip was in March and we had two magical experiences.
Planned our FP for Kilimanjaro Safaris around sunset. Got to see a lot of the animals out and moving but the best before we were around the corner we could hear the lions. The male and a female were on top of the rocks roaring at each other.
Got to cross off my bucket list of hitting all four parks in one day.

I've never got to see them roar at each other, that would have been cool. I heard (not from a bus driver) that there is A/C pumped in an area on top of the rocks, which is why you can usually see one there.

Disney4family

Our last trip was for my bday. We took my mom and surprised her with tons of magical experiences.

Major highlights with my mom were -
* Wild Africa Trek
* MNSSHP
* dinner at the California Grill

The best part for me personally was spending my actual bday at WDW. I never thought it would happen. We had a wonderful bfast at The Crystal Palace. I got my bday hug from Eeyore (my ultimate favorite besides Mickey). Pooh even grabbed my hand and I got to march in the parade with him! :joyfull:

LUVofDIS

Our last trip, Nov/Dec 2017, next trip Sept 2018 and Dec 2018.

The male and a female were on top of the rocks roaring at each other.

Las time we did the Safari we also heard the lions roaring at each other, the CM told us that there was a love triangle occurring, there is a lioness that was interested in the lion but the lion had no interest in her. The lion had interest in a different lioness but she had no interest in him. Love (or ), hmmm.

The most magical thing for us on the last trip was staying in the parks after they closed, we were never the last people out, but there were probably less than a dozen people that we saw. It was wonderful. After all the years of going it was also the first time we heard the kiss good night at the MK. We heard it twice on that trip.

sophie_the_pooh

Our last trip was August 2017. The highlight was definitely staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, first stay there, actually first stay at a Deluxe. We enjoyed the pool, especially the one over at Kidani, my son (6) couldn't get enough of the slide! We tried all the restaurants and had the best meal ever at Sanaa! We had a standard view room, but we ended up getting a room with a bunk bed and a good view of th animals.:inlove: We are already planning to go back on our next trip, June 2019.

Minnie Mum

Our last trip was Nov 2016. The best thing for us was taking 6 yr old DGS (and his parents), and watch him experience WDW for the first time.time. When we got home I asked him what he liked best. It was the resort pool. We don't plan to return until 2021, when hopefully some of the insanity over Star Wars Land has settled down.

TwilightZone

Last trip - spring 2016 at disneyland.
Best moments: Riding soarin over california one last time (It was very emotional for me since it was my favorite ride), riding tot for the first and last time, and riding matterhorn the first time in a long time (never rode it that much because it gives my mom back problems).

winstongator

Festival of the arts. There was some really cool Star Wars art there. Illuminations. Got to watch 2 nights in a row with FP. Navi river journey. An awesome new ride my whole family can enjoy together (3/4 of us ride FoP).

Partial DS trip: VoidVR at Disney springs

BrerWayne

My wife and kids went to see Festival of the Lion King at Animal Kingdom. My son is four years old and was scared during the Be Prepared act with the fire twirling. I was holding him in my lap comforting him. During the next act one of the cast members chose him in my daughter to be in the show. Then at the end when he was back sitting by me, one of the gymnasts who play the monkeys did some kind of stunt and stuck the landing right where he was sitting and gave him a high five. Seeing the awe in my children's faces brought me to tears, I mouthed thank you to the cast member with a tear running down my cheek. He graciously smiled and waved. I was so appreciative.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Running the SW Half Marathon with my SIL...and the 6 medals from that weekend. 👍
20180422_112031.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom