CRT vs Akershus for dining with princesses

jollyholiday80

Original Poster
We have never done either one of these and I'm interested in booking one for our 4 yr old DD for our March 2019 trip. Opinions please!!

HouCuseChickie

For us, it's all about the setting...since I feel the princess experiences are comparable and I don't think food at one is vastly better or worse than the other. For that reason, CRT and being in the castle is my preferred option. I mean, I like the cold bar during lunch and dinner at Akershus better than anything I've eaten at lunch or dinner at CRT, and I prefer breakfast at CRT over the breakfast food at Akershus...but that's highly subjective and you're going to find people who feel the exact opposite on the food. Budget is the only other factor that should help...if you're on DDP and only using credits, I'd go with Akershus as it's generally a poor use of credits to burn 2 on CRT.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
We have never done either one of these and I'm interested in booking one for our 4 yr old DD for our March 2019 trip. Opinions please!!

If you haven’t been to CRT and money/credits are not a concern, try that out. CRT is the type of place to try once to see the inside of the castle. The quality of food doesn’t justify repeat visits at the cost, in my opinion. Akershus has a decent breakfast. The only knock against dining there is that you’re not inside the castle, although Akershus is still is medieval-themed. Your DD will love either one.

NeedMoreMickey

To me the CRT is more than meeting the princesses, you are eating in the castle, the main attraction of the Magic Kingdom. Akershus is nice but it's just a building in Epcot. If you don't think your daughter will remember you could wait until she is around 7 or 8 to spend the extra money for CRT but I think every little princess should dine in the castle at least once.

LeighM

I think everyone should dine at Cinderella's Royal Table at least once. We had breakfast there since it was the cheapest meal but our meal was very disappointing. It was way too salty and the eggs were cold. We were the first seating at 8am so maybe that had something to do with it. But the atmosphere of being inside the castle couldn't be beat. However, we have had both breakfast and dinner at Akershus and much prefer their food. It's themed like being inside a castle but doesn't compare to CRT but the prices are cheaper compared to CRT. We don't have children but it felt like the characters spent more time with the children at Akershus when we were there. And the little parade they do with children at Akershus is adorable!

Spash007

We ate at Akershus last year for lunch, and really enjoyed at as did our 3 year old. We were surprised by how much food was available in the buffet, since we were also getting an entree. The characters were great, they all chatted us up, and the inside was still beautiful. Our next trip we're going to try CRT. Not anything against Akershus, but just to try something new and because of the location. I've previously heard mixed things on the food, but it seems like the dinner at CRT has had some positive reviews lately (including a rave review by @Jasmyn ).

Tom P.

We have done both CRT and Akershus multiple times. I would go back to either one again. To me, they are pretty comparable in terms of food quality and character interaction. However, the experience of actually dining inside the castle, and being able to look out over the Magic Kingdom, is just something special. If you've never done either before, I would highly recommend starting with CRT.

PrincessJasmyn

We ate at Akershus last year for lunch, and really enjoyed at as did our 3 year old. We were surprised by how much food was available in the buffet, since we were also getting an entree. The characters were great, they all chatted us up, and the inside was still beautiful. Our next trip we're going to try CRT. Not anything against Akershus, but just to try something new and because of the location. I've previously heard mixed things on the food, but it seems like the dinner at CRT has had some positive reviews lately (including a rave review by @Jasmyn ).

We had a great experience at CRT and would 100% do it again :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom