Orange/Green Team - Stanza XIII: The Carnival of the Animators

pixie_princess

OH WOW you guys are fast. That never fails to impress me. @DisneyFan18 your art is looking awesome! I was never good at that so I really love it. @FigmentPigments I love the ideas I have seen you and @AceAstro go back and forth on Muppets. @mickeyfan5534 your show and parades are literally always so impressive, and you take on so much its incredible. @D Hindley the Warehouse looks amazing so far and I can't wait to see wait @Pionmycake polishes it up. Speaking of @Pionmycake Again I can't thank you enough for stepping it.

This is my positivity post after skimming through all of this. I am on for a while more before bed and will be ready to answer anything I know the answer to, review anything you guys want feedback on, and give more positive vibes if wanted. !!!! Keep up the great work.

DisneyFan18

Voilà! Thoughts?
V.png

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Thanks, do you think this works for the building/facade?
View attachment 289577
Looking good! If it is possible and not too much trouble, maybe add an extra wall or some rocks on the left side so it doesn't look like an endless dessert because in the theme park everything will need to be boxed in to hide that we don't have an actual endless dessert.

If that isn't something easy to do, don't worry about it. Disney concept art often makes it look more like how it would look in that movie rather than how it will look in park. And the building looks really fantastic! Perfectly captures the empire and Tatooine aesthetics

DisneyFan18

Looking good! If it is possible and not too much trouble, maybe add an extra wall or some rocks on the left side so it doesn't look like an endless dessert because in the theme park everything will need to be boxed in to hide that we don't have an actual endless dessert.

If that isn't something easy to do, don't worry about it. Disney concept art often makes it look more like how it would look in that movie rather than how it will look in park. And the building looks really fantastic! Perfectly captures the empire and Tatooine aesthetics
I’ll add the wall and the rocks, no problem, I actually left that space so it would look like it’s in the movie, I’ll get to work on it, shouldn’t take a lot of time! :D

D Hulk

Gangster EMV progress. First, tentative name:

GANGSTER PATROL
Join "Private Eye Name TBD" in a battle against crimelord Mr. Boss and his gangsters in the seedy Prohibition Era big city.

Exterior show building (boxy Indy building) hidden as much as possibly behind Hollywood Hills berms and mansion facades. Exterior queue and entrance are through a replica of Wright's Ennis House (which sits just under the shadow of Griffith Observatory in real life). This is the P.I.'s home, full of tools and props of his work.

Queue passes through an underground speakeasy cellar tunnel, a transition to the nighttime noir world. Pre-show in a private screening room, which shows a newsreel about Mr. Boss' gang and their planned museum heist, and P.I.'s coupes (with front-mounted cannons) to intercept them.

Through back alley queue in the city, into P.I.'s classic gumshoe office, then to loading in a garage much like Capone's in Chicago.

Ride passes to neon streets under a roaring El Train track, then up a seedy alleyway towards the art museum. Listening to police scanner radio tracking the location of Mr. Boss and his men. The museum wall explodes. Police chatter erupts. We swerve in pursuit.

Down city streets, with a distant forced perspective downtown skyline complete with searchlights - very noir. Police cars pursue on distant roads, but we have a shortcut to the docks where Mr. Boss keeps his hideout.

The car pauses before a dock panorama, with warehouses and piers and a big riveted steel bridge and a cargo ship beyond. Plan to ship the stolen artwork abroad!

Turning left silently into the dock hideout when AA gangsters pop up from crates and open fire with tommy guns. The chase is on! Back outside, but gunfire explodes trash cans; lids fly.

Swerving into a cargo container, which seals. Gangsters outside fire, bulletholes in the steel forming shafts of light. We hear a ship's crane outside lifting the container with us inside. The coupe's dashboard cannon fires (and enters cool-down mode), opening an escape hole.

Car leaps out onto the bridge before the ship. The crane tries to attack us, swinging around the container.

We speed into an oil refinery field (shades of Cagney's White Heat) pursuing Mr. Boss in his truck, with gangsters firing back. Oil explosions! We dodge the truck and rush down the pier straight into the cargo ship's hold.

Inside, through the engine room. The coupe's frame shatters machinery, disabling the ship. Shadows of gangsters upstairs react and open fire.

Racing outside along the foggy seashore, gunfire and searchlights from above. We dodge, turning into a drain pipe.

The coupe idles inside a watery cistern. Sounds of manholes opened above, and gangster silhouettes populate the concrete walls. Dynamite sticks drop down and we speed away, with explosions heard behind with light.

The coupe escapes onto an electrified underground subway track. Headlights close in from behind! We speed forward, outrunning an unseen subway train, and dive into a side tunnel to safety.

Darkness. Headlights turn on ahead. It's Mr. Boss' truck zooming directly at us! Mr. Boss at the wheel. We zoom forward, playing chicken, and the coupe's cannon is charged again. It fires, shattering Mr. Boss' truck.

The coupe dives down away from the destruction, through darkness, and swerves to a stop amidst many parked vintage police cruisers. Ahead, an AA Mr. Boss is loaded into a paddy wagon. The police congratulate us over the radio as we return to the P.I.'s garage to unload.

Thoughts? And changes before I proceed later with a full write-up?

DisneyFan18

Gangster EMV progress. First, tentative name:

GANGSTER PATROL
Join "Private Eye Name TBD" in a battle against crimelord Mr. Boss and his gangsters in the seedy Prohibition Era big city.

Exterior show building (boxy Indy building) hidden as much as possibly behind Hollywood Hills berms and mansion facades. Exterior queue and entrance are through a replica of Wright's Ennis House (which sits just under the shadow of Griffith Observatory in real life). This is the P.I.'s home, full of tools and props of his work.

Queue passes through an underground speakeasy cellar tunnel, a transition to the nighttime noir world. Pre-show in a private screening room, which shows a newsreel about Mr. Boss' gang and their planned museum heist, and P.I.'s coupes (with front-mounted cannons) to intercept them.

Through back alley queue in the city, into P.I.'s classic gumshoe office, then to loading in a garage much like Capone's in Chicago.

Ride passes to neon streets under a roaring El Train track, then up a seedy alleyway towards the art museum. Listening to police scanner radio tracking the location of Mr. Boss and his men. The museum wall explodes. Police chatter erupts. We swerve in pursuit.

Down city streets, with a distant forced perspective downtown skyline complete with searchlights - very noir. Police cars pursue on distant roads, but we have a shortcut to the docks where Mr. Boss keeps his hideout.

The car pauses before a dock panorama, with warehouses and piers and a big riveted steel bridge and a cargo ship beyond. Plan to ship the stolen artwork abroad!

Turning left silently into the dock hideout when AA gangsters pop up from crates and open fire with tommy guns. The chase is on! Back outside, but gunfire explodes trash cans; lids fly.

Swerving into a cargo container, which seals. Gangsters outside fire, bulletholes in the steel forming shafts of light. We hear a ship's crane outside lifting the container with us inside. The coupe's dashboard cannon fires (and enters cool-down mode), opening an escape hole.

Car leaps out onto the bridge before the ship. The crane tries to attack us, swinging around the container.

We speed into an oil refinery field (shades of Cagney's White Heat) pursuing Mr. Boss in his truck, with gangsters firing back. Oil explosions! We dodge the truck and rush down the pier straight into the cargo ship's hold.

Inside, through the engine room. The coupe's frame shatters machinery, disabling the ship. Shadows of gangsters upstairs react and open fire.

Racing outside along the foggy seashore, gunfire and searchlights from above. We dodge, turning into a drain pipe.

The coupe idles inside a watery cistern. Sounds of manholes opened above, and gangster silhouettes populate the concrete walls. Dynamite sticks drop down and we speed away, with explosions heard behind with light.

The coupe escapes onto an electrified underground subway track. Headlights close in from behind! We speed forward, outrunning an unseen subway train, and dive into a side tunnel to safety.

Darkness. Headlights turn on ahead. It's Mr. Boss' truck zooming directly at us! Mr. Boss at the wheel. We zoom forward, playing chicken, and the coupe's cannon is charged again. It fires, shattering Mr. Boss' truck.

The coupe dives down away from the destruction, through darkness, and swerves to a stop amidst many parked vintage police cruisers. Ahead, an AA Mr. Boss is loaded into a paddy wagon. The police congratulate us over the radio as we return to the P.I.'s garage to unload.

Thoughts? And changes before I proceed later with a full write-up?
This looks fun! Disney should do something like this! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom