Orange/Green Team - Stanza XIII: The Carnival of the Animators

AceAstro

1. Most favorable spot as it's not near the entrance to another ride or the land itself. Draws people to the middle of a long street where after the show, they can go in several different directions.

2. Second choice as it draws people all the way down the street towards the back where they might not necessarily go. A little harder to attract people to this end though.
View attachment 289473
I think we will aim for number 1 then!

Do you want to work on that as well? I’m picturing no more than a few sentences explaining what it would look like.

FigmentPigments

Figs, sorry to bother you but could you do a map like that for SW? I know the space we have, but not exactly where everything is going, so it might help me visualize it a little better :D
Okay, here's what I "know" so far. I'm not quite sure where we decided where the Pod Race coaster or the Stormtrooper attraction would go.
Capture23.png

FigmentPigments

Thanks Figs, Storm Troopers is going on the Doug Theater, and Pod Racers it will take a part of the parking, and it will have attached to it a Jawa Store. :D
Good to know! i'll update the map. What we're we planning to do with the Celebrity Spotlight area? Was that part of the Stormtrooper attraction as well?

Also is the Pod race coaster going to stretch behind Indian Jones or Star Tours?

Last edited:

DisneyFan18

Good to know! i'll update the map. What we're we planning to do with the Celebrity Spotlight area? Was that part of the Stormtrooper attraction as well?

Also is the Pod race coaster going to stretch behind Indian Jones or Star Tours?
I’m not sure of Celebrity Spotlight, maybe @Pionmycake knows?

And Pod Race I going to take the space between both, and I think behind Indy

FigmentPigments

That would be a good idea, maybe Celebrity Spotlight can become that?
That's what I was thinking. I'm not quite sure what the inside area should look like, but it fills a need for Star Wars characters and a meet and greet opportunity otherwise. Maybe Celebrity Spotlight and the Doug theatre could be one long connected building.

Guests could enter into the Stormtrooper Academy lobby, with Empire banners and recruitment signs. Guests can go to the left to meet Darth Vader and/or Stormtroopers. But over to the right is the rebel spy area who have secretly infiltrated this academy to sabotage it. This is where guests can meet Leia, Luke, Chewy or others.

Towards the back is the entrance to the actual attraction.

Thoughts?

DisneyFan18

That's what I was thinking. I'm not quite sure what the inside area should look like, but it fills a need for Star Wars characters and a meet and greet opportunity otherwise. Maybe Celebrity Spotlight and the Doug theatre could be one long connected building.

Guests could enter into the Stormtrooper Academy lobby, with Empire banners and recruitment signs. Guests can go to the left to meet Darth Vader and/or Stormtroopers. But over to the right is the rebel spy area who have secretly infiltrated this academy to sabotage it. This is where guests can meet Leia, Luke, Chewy or others.

Thoughts?
I like this! It sounds like a great idea!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

Thoughts?
That sounds perfect and exactly what I was picturing too! The one entrance keeps it so we only need to have the one side of the building star wars themed and the parts of the facade facing echo lake can remain more or less the same. Yet we use all of the building. Celeb spotlight becomes the Star Wars M&G and Sounds Dangerous/Doug become the ride!

Then maybe have the heroes have their own spot to meet them near the pod racing ride in the current backstage area too

DisneyFan18

So, @DisneyFan18 I made this real quick for how I was picturing star wars. Is this more or less what you were thinking? With yellow being the ways in and out.

NMggrtV.png
Yes, one question, where will the Jawa store be located? And I think that maybe character M&G could be in different places, like the one close to Star Tours could be a Rebel Outpost for Leia & Luke, in the Cantina we can have Han & Chewie. And in the Emperial Plaza Darth Vader and some Troopers?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Yes, one question, where will the Jawa store be located? And I think that maybe character M&G could be in different places, like the one close to Star Tours could be a Rebel Outpost for Leia & Luke, in the Cantina we can have Han & Chewie. And in the Emperial Plaza Darth Vader and some Troopers?
I like the idea of spreading out characters! With that in mind I shrunk yhe one character space that was just characters and had plenty of room for the Jawa shop down there!
Wj48aKT.png

I didn't even think to ask about seasons. Should we do some sort of seasonal events? Halloween that can compete with HHN? Christmas? Or is that getting too into things and I'm overthinking it.

They already had yhe best Christmas with the Osborne Lights. But a Horror Weekends Celebration night be an option. I worry that something like that would be too scary to do as a regular thing and not an upcharge event, and MGM didn't do any upcharge events back then. Magic barely did any and they weren't crazy busy either. But I like the idea of adding a fourth "Weekends" celebration to the park as an annual thing

Disney Dad 3000

Here is a list of what we're doing plus who is doing it. If I missed anything or was wrong about it, let me know. And don't e afraid to ask for help if you need it.

Remember, the current plan is to do just one or two paragraphs (or less) for nearly everything but prop warehouse and ganster EMV. Unless we are changing that plan.​

Budget Estimate (updated)

I put most of the Star Wars stuff as dfan. At least until someone else volunteers for stuff with star wars.​

1. Star Wars Land placemaking/general area description - $100 M - @DisneyFan18
  2. Cantina QSR - replacing Backlot express - $10 M - @DisneyFan18
  3. Pod Racing Coaster - $200 M - @Pionmycake
  4. Storm Trooper Shooter Ride - $80 M - @DisneyFan18
  5. Jawa Store - $10 M - @DisneyFan18
Total for Star Wars: $400 M​

--------------------​

I put all the Muppets stuff as Ace. At least until someone else volunteers for stuff with Muppet.​

1. Muppet placemaking/general area description - $25 M - @AceAstro
  2. Mama Melrose replacement - $5 M - @AceAstro
  3. Pizza Planet Space replacement - $15 M - @AceAstro
  4. Great Muppet Movie Ride - $125 M - @AceAstro
  5. electric Mayhem Bus - $30 M - @AceAstro
  6. Kermit/Miss Piggy apartments - $15 M - @AceAstro
  7. Fozzie apartment/gag store - $10 M - @AceAstro
Total for Muppets: $225 M

---------------

I put mostly all the Sunset stuff as D. At least until someone else volunteers for stuff with Sunset.​

1. Sunset Blvd Updates/general area description - $20 M - @D Hindley
  2. Griffith Park - carousel, greenery, hill, and One Man's Dream - $50 M - @Voxel (I believe he mentioned interest in this, correct me if wrong)​
  3. Rocketeer Simulator Attraction in Griffith observatory (might be getting cut) - $100 M - @D Hindley
  4. Gangster themed EMV - $175 M - @D Hindley will do this unless he does the prop warehouse​
  5. Fantasmic (or similar show) - $75 M - @mickeyfan5534
  6. Daytime show in Fantasmic theater - $25 M - @mickeyfan5534
  7. Oswald themed Jazz Club and/or speak easy restaurant - $20 M - @pixie_princess
  8. Other food stands/shops - $30 M - @D Hindley
  9. Streetmosphere buster Keaton show - $5 M - @Pionmycake
Total for Sunset: $500 M

---------------

Again, giving most of the stuff to figment until people step up to take over stuffs​

1. Animation/Maroon Studios Placemaking - $75 M - @FigmentPigments
  2. Art of Animation Updates - $20 M - @FigmentPigments
  3. Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin - or some other Roger Rabbit ride - $30 M - @FigmentPigments
  4. Mickey dark ride - $45 M - @FigmentPigments
  5. Third dark ride (cut this?) - $45 M - @FigmentPigments
  6. Ink and paint club Replacement for Soundstage Restaurant. - $10 M - @FigmentPigments
  7. Trolley - $10 M - @FigmentPigments
  8. Prop Warehouse Trackless Dark Ride - $125 M - @D Hindley unless he does the gangster ride.​
  9. Misc - $5 M - @FigmentPigments
  10. Mermaid theater expansion into One Man's Dream space with new shows - $10 M - @mickeyfan5534
Total for Animation/maroon: $375

---------------

Map - @D Hindley
Website - @Pionmycake plus @Someone else

---------------

Misc unaccounted for - $50 M
Fireworks/parades - @mickeyfan5534 - $50 M
Star Wars - $400 M
Muppets - $225 M
Sunset - $500 M
Animation - $375 M

Total: $1.6 Billion

Phase One - 1995: Muppets
Phase Two - 1999: Star Wars
Phase Three - 2001: Prop Warehouse Ride, Animation/Maroon, and Sunset

---------------​

@kmbmw777 @Disney Dad 3000 anything calling out to you guys?

@pixie_princess @Voxel @Pionmycake any of you guys wanna take up any other aspects?

We still need someone to do our other full ride write up. Plus animation has a lot of aspects. I'm sure Figment wouldn't mind some help with all that. And d Hindley is doing a fair amount with him leading sunset and one of our full write ups and a map. He probably wouldn't mind some help either.

Unfortunately not going to be a ton of help at this point. Heading to @pixie_princess favorite resort area on Wed so my Internet access will be limited to phone wed-sat most likely. Doing some packing tonight/tomorrow.

If there's anything small I can help someone with like quickie logos, ride layouts, or a Sketch or something, happy to do it. I did a rough idea of your pod coaster today I'm not crazy about but will upload and see what you think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom