Orange/Green Team - Stanza XIII: The Carnival of the Animators

mickeyfan5534

I'm liking all your entertainment ideas. Really looking forward to the daytime Disney Mania stuff happening in the Fantasmic theater.

Since we're building the F! venue from scratch (and I'm not too familiar with how it looks now), we can take some visual liberties with it. In keeping with Sunset's Hollywood Hills vibe, I was thinking of taking design inspiration from the John Anson Ford Amphitheater. (That's more obscure than Hollywood Bowl, but it really evinces the Golden Hollywood feel,) How do you feel about this theater design, mickeyfan?
7.-Ford-Theatres-Entrance_TomBonner.jpg

6._amphitheatre_interior.jpg

VUILT6KVPVHMLPHAGAY5DTKDPI.jpg

With some liberties taken to add the moat element and everything else F! needs.
I like it. The major thing needed is ditch the proscenium arch and put a body of water between the stage and audience. Also, I adore the mountain set for Fantasmic and will be keeping that in this version.

Question: is AA tech far enough along at this point that we can do a Murphy style dragon or do we still have to stick with Bucky or a hybrid kind of situation?

mickeyfan5534

I like it. The major thing needed is ditch the proscenium arch and put a body of water between the stage and audience. Also, I adore the mountain set for Fantasmic and will be keeping that in this version.
Expanding on this
fantasmic.jpg

My biggest thing would be more rock work on the sides, so that instead of really bad looking fake trees and scrims, the mountain looks more imposing and elaborate. To balance out the fatter mountain, the peak rises higher.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
This was the plan. I'm thinking a Disney Mania type show in the day and then attempt a Fantasmic that blows Disneyland out of the water.

To my understanding, we're down to Mermaid, Indy, Theatre of the Stars till 1999(?) and then Fantasmic/Hollywood Hills in 2001.

Total entertainment wise I'm thinking
Construction:
1995: Mermaid Theatre closed and expanded into Animation to serve as a more YAAAAZZZZZZZZZ WERK sized theatre and with the tour basically adios anyways. (An idea used from my 50th ideas) An Animation exhibit can go in the Playhouse Disney space if that's available or I can scale that idea back.
1996: Mermaid Theatre reopens.
1997: Indy Theatre closes and gets made over into Star Wars (is that still a thing?)
1999: Theatre of the Stars Closes and Hollywood Hills work starts
2001: Hollywood Hills opens

Parades (all working titles)
1995: Pocahontas Parade (over it's run, features Sleeping Beauty (re-released in theatres), Toy Story, Muppet Treasure Island, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and 101 Dalmatians preparades)
1997: Hercules Parade (over it's run, features The Little Mermaid (re-released in theatres), Mary Poppins (home video release), Beauty and the Beast (Enchanted Christmas release), Mulan, A Bug's Life, and Tarzan preparades)
1999: Toy Story 2 Parade (over it's run, features Fantasia 2000, The Jungle Book (home video release), The Tigger Movie, The Three Caballeros (home video release), Alice in Wonderland (home video release), and The Emperor's New Groove preparades
2001: 100 Years of Magic Parade

Mermaid Theatre Shows (all working titles)
1996: The Hunchback of Notre Dame
1998: Mulan
2000: Fantasia

Theatre of the Stars Shows (all working titles)
1997: Goofy About Hollywood

Nighttime Shows
1995: Symphony in the Stars
1998: Animagic
2001: Fantasmic
This all sounds pretty great, but the theater expansion

The animation building was still being used then for Animation. This was like the peak of it being used was 95-01. And because it was being used, the Animation building was a pretty popular attraction still.

So, if we touch the animation building/studio at all it should be very minor.

BUT if we want to expand mermaid, we could probably stretch it into the One Man's Dream space and either not build that or build it somewhere else. Perhaps as a part of Griffith Park due to that locations history with Walt.

And I definitely think the dragon being more or less how it is in the actual Fantasmic is realistic. That was very impressive at yhe time despite looking terrible now. But a few Murphy aspect (or puppetry if not animatronics) being mixed in to plus it a bit is not at all unrealistic to me considering we are building this a few years later than real Fantasmic and possibly at a higher budget.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Are any of my teammates especially interested in doing either the gangster EMV or the Warehouse of Wonders trackless DR? I can do either, wanted to offer up first choice.
I would prefer to do more little write ups over doing one of the full write ups. Multiple things that are one or two paragraphs fit better into my schedule this week than one thing that is many paragraphs.

I’ll be working on the SW Shooting Gallery, but I use the opportunity to ask, who’s working on Pod Racers?

I could easily do pod racers. It's a beautifully simple yet effective concept that I feel I could do effectively with just one good paragraph. Maybe two at most. It's a beautiful thrill ride concept.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I'm sorry for not really being on or much help I get out of training at 3 tomorrow and am going to just be sifting and sorting and helping out. Huge thanks to @Pionmycake for stepping up and stepping in for your very distracted Prom King and Queen.
No worries. I'm happy to help out. I know you are busy moving in and @Voxel is busy at work. And I adore 95-01 MGM.

If I am overstepping my boundaries and doing too much here, anyone can feel free to ask me to back down. I'm passionate about this project, but I really enjoy working with you guys and I'd hate to cross the line from helpful to annoying. I won't be offended.

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Here is a list of what we're doing plus who is doing it. If I missed anything or was wrong about it, let me know. And don't e afraid to ask for help if you need it.

Remember, the current plan is to do just one or two paragraphs (or less) for nearly everything but prop warehouse and ganster EMV. Unless we are changing that plan.​

Budget Estimate (updated)

I put most of the Star Wars stuff as dfan. At least until someone else volunteers for stuff with star wars.​
  1. Star Wars Land placemaking/general area description - $100 M - @DisneyFan18
  2. Cantina QSR - replacing Backlot express - $10 M - @DisneyFan18
  3. Pod Racing Coaster - $200 M - @Pionmycake
  4. Storm Trooper Shooter Ride - $80 M - @DisneyFan18
  5. Jawa Store - $10 M - @DisneyFan18
Total for Star Wars: $400 M​

--------------------​

I put all the Muppets stuff as Ace. At least until someone else volunteers for stuff with Muppet.​
  1. Muppet placemaking/general area description - $25 M - @AceAstro
  2. Mama Melrose replacement - $5 M - @AceAstro
  3. Pizza Planet Space replacement - $15 M - @AceAstro
  4. Great Muppet Movie Ride - $125 M - @AceAstro
  5. electric Mayhem Bus - $30 M - @AceAstro
  6. Kermit/Miss Piggy apartments - $15 M - @AceAstro
  7. Fozzie apartment/gag store - $10 M - @AceAstro
Total for Muppets: $225 M

---------------

I put mostly all the Sunset stuff as D. At least until someone else volunteers for stuff with Sunset.​
  1. Sunset Blvd Updates/general area description - $20 M - @D Hindley
  2. Griffith Park - carousel, greenery, hill, and One Man's Dream - $50 M - @Voxel (I believe he mentioned interest in this, correct me if wrong)​
  3. Rocketeer Simulator Attraction in Griffith observatory (might be getting cut) - $100 M - @D Hindley
  4. Gangster themed EMV - $175 M - @D Hindley will do this unless he does the prop warehouse​
  5. Fantasmic (or similar show) - $75 M - @mickeyfan5534
  6. Daytime show in Fantasmic theater - $25 M - @mickeyfan5534
  7. Oswald themed Jazz Club and/or speak easy restaurant - $20 M - @pixie_princess
  8. Other food stands/shops - $30 M - @D Hindley
  9. Streetmosphere buster Keaton show - $5 M - @Pionmycake
Total for Sunset: $500 M

---------------

Again, giving most of the stuff to figment until people step up to take over stuffs​

1. Animation/Maroon Studios Placemaking - $75 M - @FigmentPigments
  2. Art of Animation Updates - $20 M - @FigmentPigments
  3. Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin - or some other Roger Rabbit ride - $30 M - @FigmentPigments
  4. Mickey dark ride - $45 M - @FigmentPigments
  5. Third dark ride (cut this?) - $45 M - @FigmentPigments
  6. Ink and paint club Replacement for Soundstage Restaurant. - $10 M - @FigmentPigments
  7. Trolley - $10 M - @FigmentPigments
  8. Prop Warehouse Trackless Dark Ride - $125 M - @D Hindley unless he does the gangster ride.​
  9. Misc - $5 M - @FigmentPigments
  10. Mermaid theater expansion into One Man's Dream space with new shows - $10 M - @mickeyfan5534
Total for Animation/maroon: $375

---------------

Map - @D Hindley
Website - @Pionmycake plus @Someone else

---------------

Misc unaccounted for - $50 M
Fireworks/parades - @mickeyfan5534 - $50 M
Star Wars - $400 M
Muppets - $225 M
Sunset - $500 M
Animation - $375 M

Total: $1.6 Billion

Phase One - 1995: Muppets
Phase Two - 1999: Star Wars
Phase Three - 2001: Prop Warehouse Ride, Animation/Maroon, and Sunset

---------------​

@kmbmw777 @Disney Dad 3000 anything calling out to you guys?

@pixie_princess @Voxel @Pionmycake any of you guys wanna take up any other aspects?

We still need someone to do our other full ride write up. Plus animation has a lot of aspects. I'm sure Figment wouldn't mind some help with all that. And d Hindley is doing a fair amount with him leading sunset and one of our full write ups and a map. He probably wouldn't mind some help either.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Should this be a full ride write up?
Personally, I would say a bit more, but maybe not full. Like 3 or 4 paragraphs instead of 1 or 2. Same with the shooter dark ride in star wars land.

Depending on how big the rest of the project is at least. If the rest doesn't take a ton of space, maybe more.

Of course, that's just my thought. If you wanna do a full write up on it I doubt anyone is gonna object. Especially with how good your Muppet stuff always is.

It was just the concern of having too much in the project and becoming an 81 page Google doc on website lol. Plus the thought that things like Muppet Movie Ride and Pod Racing and all are relatively simple concepts to explain in shorter form.

But if we stick to our guns to limit ourselves in the shops and restaurants and secondary attractions I don't see another full write up or two being an issue or unwelcome.

@Pionmycake what type of help do you need with the website? I'm not the most experienced, but I supposedly learnt how to work with them in High School, so I might be of assistance if you need it! :D

Mostly just need it for finishing it up and adding stuff. I can set up a website with a decent layout for us I think (first time lol). But I will be too busy with work around the due date to actually add everything to the site.

DisneyFan18

Personally, I would say a bit more, but maybe not full. Like 3 or 4 paragraphs instead of 1 or 2. Same with the shooter dark ride in star wars land.

Depending on how big the rest of the project is at least. If the rest doesn't take a ton of space, maybe more.

Of course, that's just my thought. If you wanna do a full write up on it I doubt anyone is gonna object. Especially with how good your Muppet stuff always is.

It was just the concern of having too much in the project and becoming an 81 page Google doc on website lol. Plus the thought that things like Muppet Movie Ride and Pod Racing and all are relatively simple concepts to explain in shorter form.

But if we stick to our guns to limit ourselves in the shops and restaurants and secondary attractions I don't see another full write up or two being an issue or unwelcome.

Mostly just need it for finishing it up and adding stuff. I can set up a website with a decent layout for us I think (first time lol). But I will be too busy with work around the due date to actually add everything to the site.
Perfect, I believe I can help you with that if needed! And how does Star Wars: Tatooine Spaceport sound for the name of SWL?

AceAstro

So Ace has a few too many drinks at his friends birthday party and now all I can think about is an Electric Mayhem cover of Paradise City by Guns and Roses to open up Muppet City:

“Take me down to the Muppet City
Where the frogs are green
And the girls are Piggy,
Ohhhhh won’t you please take me hommmmee”

Thank you, and good night

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Perfect, I believe I can help you with that if needed! And how does Star Wars: Tatooine Spaceport sound for the name of SWL?
Also I'm thinking that the Cantina can be called Chalmun's Cantina, as that is the one where Luke met Han. Then, the Jawa Store, Jawa's Moving Market. And the Shooting Gallery, Imperial Academy Troopers. Thoughts? Better ideas (I'm not good with names as you may know by now).
I am also terrible with names, so I can't say I'm the best judge, but these all sound cool to me!

What are your thoughts on how many full write ups to do? Just props and gangsters or should we do Muppet movie Ride and Storm Troopers too?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom