Dumbest Thing You've Heard a Guest Say: Florida Edition

smile

This was told to me by a friend who was planning a trip to Disney World with some other friends. They backed out after the wife said she had been to Disney World as a teenager 30 years ago and, 'Nothing really could've changed that much since then so why go?'

That one just hurt to read, like someone scratching nails on a chalkboard.

it'd be quite interesting to hear the opinions of somebody who went back after having thought going once in the late 80's was good enough, tho

JusticeDisney

Ooooh! Sick burn, bruh. 🔥
Well, this thread was originally seeking dumb comments. At least we now have a winner for the dumbest poster in this thread. We are all just playing for second place now.

By the way, before this thread, I’m quite certain the last time anyone said “sick burn“ was 1982. Hahahahahaha!

allymonkey

My family must get a lot of double takes when people hear us talk while we are there. My son was only 2 for his first trip and he could not understand the concept of Walt Disney World until we told him it is where Mickey lives. From then on he told everyone he was "going to Mickey's house." At 6 years old (and 5 trips later) he now knows that the proper name is Walt Disney World but to our family it is affectionately known as "Mickey's house!"

Goofyernmost

I don't know, but I have the urge to thank them.
I know what you are talking about. Until I rode the big golf ball and heard this voice from behind telling me something about creating an alphabet, or something, I didn't even know there was such a group. Apparently they weren't able to figure out how to write out "Please don't wipe us out" in time.
But by that logic, if they're on a bus heading toward the Magic Kingdom, (assuming they didn't start their bus ride off-property) aren't they already in Walt Disney World?
The degree of upset about that should depend somewhat on the age of people. Previous to 1982 (Oct), if you went to WDW the only park to go to was MK. There was no other, so it was quite natural to just call it Disney World. But, things do change and usually we are able to easily change with them. The constant... I've always called it Disney/MGM is just silly to me. If you have a friend named Sally (Maiden Name) and she marries and takes her husbands name, do we keep calling her by the name we always used previously. MGM was completely taken out of the Studio's name years ago. Just as EPCOT Ctr. was changed to Epcot. What is the big deal about calling it by it's right name. Life would seem to be very boring if nothing ever changed. Why don't we all still call Disney Springs by it's original name Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village.

As in the top quote. I still call Spaceship Earth "the Big Golf Ball". Why, because it was an inside joke with my family. I know what the real name is, but, based on information or experiences that others that might overhear me do not know, Big Golf Ball is still used. It isn't dumb when you just nickname something. It is just dumb of others to care.

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Last year while staying at POR. Waiting on the bus over to MK. Bus pulls in - it's pretty crowded - me, the wife, the 2 kids, and the stroller get on. There's a lady on-board the bus who seems a little irritated. After the "pfft", she looks straight at me and says:

"You know that this is the bus that's dropping off.....not picking up.....right?"

HayHod

Whilst waiting for the movie under the stars to start one night at POFQ I jokingly said to my family "look at those animatronic rabbits, aren't Disney getting good. They look just like real ones".
The people next to us didn't seem to appreciate the joke.

tongaloosh

My family must get a lot of double takes when people hear us talk while we are there. My son was only 2 for his first trip and he could not understand the concept of Walt Disney World until we told him it is where Mickey lives. From then on he told everyone he was "going to Mickey's house." At 6 years old (and 5 trips later) he now knows that the proper name is Walt Disney World but to our family it is affectionately known as "Mickey's house!"
Aww, my family did that too! When I was really young, my parents would tell me we were "going to Mickey's house"

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

This happens occasionally when I’m wearing my Figment cap and backpack to Disneyland... but on some occasions, I’ll have 2 guests ( or sadly even a couple CMs ask me), “OMG!! Is that Dragon Tales??!! That was my childhood!!” or “OMG, Spyro!!”
Of course I always correct them and explain who it actually is and where he’s from. But yeah.. that always bugs/baffles me. Lol! 😆 I can somewhat understand Spyro due to the similar color scheme... but Dragon Tales?? Really?? They look absolutely nothing alike!

Last edited:
When we took our daughter to DLRP she was amazed at the dragon who lived under it in the caves. She was only 4 and was fascinated and called the dragon mummy dragon . Now of course we know it is actually Maleficent, however the nicknames are part of our affectionate memories . EPCOT will always be affectionately known as Apricot , and it definitely has the big golf ball ride. These things make me smile and as my daughter gets older I will treasure these memories .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom