Orange/Green Team - Stanza XIII: The Carnival of the Animators

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
0.003.jpg

As the Spring into Summer Campaigns were in full force, a new resort began to 'spring' up near the Transportation and Ticket Center in the Magic Kingdom Resort Area

"Finally built!" spacemt354 said to MonorailRed, "now this is a place I'd like to stay at"
2017-07-28.png

6425515476817636150%253Faccount_id%253D9

"So what did you think of the Spring into Summer projects, Red?" space asked
"They were really good, though being in the Progress City Resort, I'm getting the urge to play again" Red responded
"Same, same" space replied "let's see what's going on with the WDW Today channel"
2017-07-26.png

"I remember this" Red retorted "This resort brings back memories"
"It does indeed, but it's nice to see everyone having a good time playing" space said "I even heard tell of a few fellas on Orange and Green, who were working on some sort of reunion contraption, ha that'll never happen"
"Well this is the Homecoming Edition" Red replied
"If only there was a way to give everyone a reunion Stanza before the finale, and also attend to our creative drive one last time"
"You thinking what I'm thinking?"
"Yes...the Avengers better get ready"

0.015.JPG

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
0.0031.jpg

poster%2B15.jpg

After countless hours of creativity, we stand on the brink of a new renaissance, poised with the skills and talent to lead a new generation of imagineers head on into the future. Last project we focused on honing our abilities with each prompt tied in with past Stanzas, and now, we will apply the themes from the past Stanzas, mainly open canvas brainstorming, working as a team, trying new skills, and the ability to...time travel! Back to the year 1995, and against a familiar opponent!

Your task is to design a full-park renovation to either the Disney-MGM Studios OR redesign the opening day park plans for Disney's California Adventure Park, in anticipation of the 100 Years of Magic Celebration in 2001.

Disney-MGM Studios
- In 1995, the park has just recently received its first major expansion in Sunset Boulevard with the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, and management sees an opportunity to push away from the working studio motif, and towards themed land environments.
- You should think of this project in terms of the Disney California Adventure renovation from 2007 till 2012, as you're allowed a similar large-scale budget and objective to redefine the park. Only difference is your timeline is from 1995-2001.
- You're allowed to remove, replace, or add anything to the park to give it new life and purpose going forward.

Disney's California Adventure Park
- In 1995, plans were scrapped for a WestCOT theme park at the Disneyland Resort, and those plans eventually morphed into a budgeted California-based theme park.
- Your objective here in this time-traveling journey is to insert yourselves into the design process for Disneyland's 2nd gate. Given an appropriate opening day budget, you can either continue with the California theme or propose your own theme park concept.
- Either direction you take, you'd be designing the park on opening day, so be aware that the park should not be filled completely, leave room for future expansion.

Whichever park the Orange/Green Team selects, Team Omega will receive the other option.

The winning project will be determined by an analysis of which project sets up the park for future success; through immersive lands/areas/attractions, to strong unifying themes, and the ability to work together as a team of imagineers.
--------------------------------

Project Managers
Team Omega - @MonorailRed and @spacemt354
Orange/Green Team - Undecided

Individual Reviewers
Team Omega - michmousefan, WowFactor, Sam4D23, gonzoWDW, CraftyFox, Brer Oswald
Orange/Green Team - v_k, P_Radden, WDW Guru, WED Imagineering, Fox&Hound, Magic Feather

This Project is due Wednesday June 15th at 11:59PM EST

Time Zones
Pacific Standard Time - 8:59 PM
Eastern Standard Time - 11:59 PM
Greenwich Mean Time - 3:59 AM
Central European Time - 4:59 AM

Thank you, best of luck to everyone, have fun, and enjoy!​

Last edited:

Disney Dad 3000

0.003.jpg

As the Spring into Summer Campaigns were in full force, a new resort began to 'spring' up near the Transportation and Ticket Center in the Magic Kingdom Resort Area

"Finally built!" spacemt354 said to MonorailRed, "now this is a place I'd like to stay at"
2017-07-28.png

6425515476817636150%253Faccount_id%253D9

"So what did you think of the Spring into Summer projects, Red?" space asked
"They were really good, though being in the Progress City Resort, I'm getting the urge to play again" Red responded
"Same, same" space replied "let's see what's going on with the WDW Today channel"
2017-07-26.png

"I remember this" Red retorted "This resort brings back memories"
"It does indeed, but it's nice to see everyone having a good time playing" space said "I even heard tell of a few fellas on Orange and Green, who were working on some sort of reunion contraption, ha that'll never happen"
"Well this is the Homecoming Edition" Red replied
"If only there was a way to give everyone a reunion Stanza before the finale, and also attend to our creative drive one last time"
"You thinking what I'm thinking?"
"Yes...the Avengers better get ready"

0.015.JPG

One of the great projects from GMR!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom