Favorite cancelled project/attraction?

crxbrett

In my opinion, I don't think a project has to actually ever be announced officially to be considered canceled. A lot of projects get canceled before ever being green lit or even after sometimes, whether it's a Disney attraction, a movie or TV show, a highway, a city project, an action figure/toy line or something else entirely. Canceled still means canceled. Right?

crxbrett

The St Louis park that Walt wanted to build after Disneyland opened. There isnt a whole lot of info (online at least) about the park, but from what I’ve read, this was before WDW was even thought up. Wouldve been interesting to see how the parks division changed if not for WDW.

This and the Mineral King resort he wanted to build in Sequoia park are two projects that always fascinated me. Wasn't the St Louis park at one point supposed to be entirely enclosed inside a dome? My memory may be wrong, but I thought I saw a concept painting or sketch of it and it was.

yensidtlaw1969

What was the date of the official announcement by Disney of the intention to build it? I'd love to read the press release that describes the details of it.

There is a difference between a project being designed and considered (like this) that never got approved or announced and something like Main Street Theater that was publicly announced but now we've learned was canceled. The parks fan community seems unable to tell the difference between those two concepts sometimes. If the project was never approved to be built, it can not have been canceled. In my mind, canceling a design project is far from the same thing.
Approved to be built and Announced to be built are not always the same thing.

CHOX

- Anything that was being brainstormed to replace the Submarine Voyage, because I’m sure anything else would have more charm than the Nemo ride. So, the Atlantis ride.
- Western River Expedition

GVentola

I read a booklet about Epcot (when it was new), and it said Spain and Israel were coming to the World Showcase. I think one other country/area, too, but I forget which one. I saw on an old special on Epcot, Alex Haley talking about not a country in Africa, but a region coming to World Showcase. I also heard somewhere they were considering Iran.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I would have loved for WESTcot to have been built, even if it meant Epcot wouldn't be unique to WDW anymore (and the fact that I don't get out to California very often).

Perhaps the park would have gone on a better course than our Epcot has. Meh, for all I know it probably would have suffered the same fate.

crxbrett

At the risk of being reprimanded for the definitions of planned, cancelled and rumored (sheesh), I would have liked the Roger Rabbit additions to MGM Studios, contractual bric-a-brac be damned.

You just reminded me, besides the Baby Herman's Runaway Baby Buggy, I would have loved to have seen the Dick Tracy Crime Stoppers attraction made. I love Dick Tracy and was so into it as a kid when it came out. Would have easily been a favorite of mine at the parks.

disneyworlddad

This and the Mineral King resort he wanted to build in Sequoia park are two projects that always fascinated me. Wasn't the St Louis park at one point supposed to be entirely enclosed inside a dome? My memory may be wrong, but I thought I saw a concept painting or sketch of it and it was.

Being from the St. Louis area I know a little bit about the project. It was going to be downtown and yes entirely inside. It never came to be apparently because Walt and Auggie Busch (head of Budweiser) butted heads. Auggie wanted beer in and Walt didn't. At least that is hear say.

geekza

Being from the St. Louis area I know a little bit about the project. It was going to be downtown and yes entirely inside. It never came to be apparently because Walt and Auggie Busch (head of Budweiser) butted heads. Auggie wanted beer in and Walt didn't. At least that is hear say.
How times have changed, huh?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom