Uzima Springs Pool Closure

Hayley In Wonderland

There aren’t many parking lot view rooms there, but it’s possible.
I have put a request on the booking asking for a non car park view, and I will also ask when I check in what room we are in and if we're put in a car park one, request a different view due to all the crap that happened with my original reservation.

I know some people have pool rooms booked and are being moved over to DVC building but we were not given that option, unfortunately.

21stamps

I have put a request on the booking asking for a non car park view, and I will also ask when I check in what room we are in and if we're put in a car park one, request a different view due to all the crap that happened with my original reservation.

I know some people have pool rooms booked and are being moved over to DVC building but we were not given that option, unfortunately.

This sounds risky at that time of year.. chances are in your favor to avoid a parking view though. Did you already make the switch? If not, I’d keep the pool view just for peace of mind.

Hayley In Wonderland

This sounds risky at that time of year.. chances are in your favor to avoid a parking view though. Did you already make the switch? If not, I’d keep the pool view just for peace of mind.
Yeah, switch has already been made. Well we won't be at the hotel until probably around 9-10pm depending on how long security takes this time and how long we're waiting on DME (last time we were close to 2 hours in security and around 20 mins waiting on DME) so that's what I am worried about. I have requested it so I am hoping since I have done that and others probably have not, we will get our requested room. x

21stamps

Yeah, switch has already been made. Well we won't be at the hotel until probably around 9-10pm depending on how long security takes this time and how long we're waiting on DME (last time we were close to 2 hours in security and around 20 mins waiting on DME) so that's what I am worried about. I have requested it so I am hoping since I have done that and others probably have not, we will get our requested room. x

A little different circumstances, but for our Nov ‘16 trip I added a park night, realized we would only be in the room one night during Wishes.. That, combined with a 0 discounted night on our first night, and then 0 discount on our final 3 nights (5 in the middle were discounted), I decided to downgrade to a lagoon view from theme park view to save money.
It was such a tough decision and I absolutely regretted it afterwards. I was so nervous leading up to our trip.. and then arrived at Disney, checked in.. and here was our view-
3620112C-C3CE-45B3-8E89-5173D195A22B.jpeg

All of the worry and stress and second guessing myself.. all for nothing!! It worked out perfectly AND I saved money.

Don’t waste time stressing like I did, I’m sure it will all be fine! :)

Hayley In Wonderland

A little different circumstances, but for our Nov ‘16 trip I added a park night, realized we would only be in the room one night during Wishes.. That, combined with a 0 discounted night on our first night, and then 0 discount on our final 3 nights (5 in the middle were discounted), I decided to downgrade to a lagoon view from theme park view to save money.
It was such a tough decision and I absolutely regretted it afterwards. I was so nervous leading up to our trip.. and then arrived at Disney, checked in.. and here was our view-
View attachment 283943

All of the worry and stress and second guessing myself.. all for nothing!! It worked out perfectly AND I saved money.

Don’t waste time stressing like I did, I’m sure it will all be fine! :)
That view is incredible.

I am just going to deal with it when it comes to it. My partner wanted to pay to upgrade to a savannah view, but given the cost and the time we would be spending in the room, it was not worth doing. I know there are a lot of partial savannah view rooms on property and may end up with a better view than we had originally booked. It sounded like they still had a lot of rooms available and a lot of people are moving either over to the DVC building or to a different resort entirely, so I am hoping this will free up a lot of the standard rooms with a good view! ;)

21stamps

That view is incredible.

I am just going to deal with it when it comes to it. My partner wanted to pay to upgrade to a savannah view, but given the cost and the time we would be spending in the room, it was not worth doing. I know there are a lot of partial savannah view rooms on property and may end up with a better view than we had originally booked. It sounded like they still had a lot of rooms available and a lot of people are moving either over to the DVC building or to a different resort entirely, so I am hoping this will free up a lot of the standard rooms with a good view! ;)

Good luck! I’ve read a lot of people say they end up with a savanna view when in a standard category. I think you have a good chance!

Hayley In Wonderland

Good luck! I’ve read a lot of people say they end up with a savanna view when in a standard category. I think you have a good chance!
When I arrive I am going to mention about the stress with the pool view room originally booked etc (reccomended by my TA) which may help me get a better view room. It's my dream resort, I've always wanted to stay there. 182 days!

Thank you for all your help :)

21stamps

When I arrive I am going to mention about the stress with the pool view room originally booked etc (reccomended by my TA) which may help me get a better view room. It's my dream resort, I've always wanted to stay there. 182 days!

Thank you for all your help :)

I can empathize because I know how much I stress out over resort selection/view category.

Have a wonderful trip!

crxbrett

I can empathize because I know how much I stress out over resort selection/view category.

Have a wonderful trip!

Honestly, I think I stress over the room and what view I am going to get more than anything on my trips. lol FP+ and ADRs? No sweat. Flight itinerary and getting to the airport on time and DME? No biggie and no stress at all for me. But requesting a room and that not knowing what you're going to get until you check-in? THEE worst!!!

Much-Pixie-Dust

This was my standard view room this past February. If you do get one of the few parking lot views, just go to the front desk and inquire if there’s another standard available. Stayed there multiple times and I prefer this standard view to the pool view. Glad it worked out for you Have a great holiday.
BD3BC2B4-CFFA-44D9-B6A7-7C1A385ADE5B.jpeg

Hayley In Wonderland

This was my standard view room this past February. If you do get one of the few parking lot views, just go to the front desk and inquire if there’s another standard available. Stayed there multiple times and I prefer this standard view to the pool view. Glad it worked out for you Have a great holiday.View attachment 283946
I hope we get something like this! Do you remember what room number you stayed in?

As long as I can't see and hear cars, then I'm fine. You'd think that a deluxe would not even have any car park views due to the price you pay. Aren't these assigned as the super duper budget rooms too?

Much-Pixie-Dust

I hope we get something like this! Do you remember what room number you stayed in?

As long as I can't see and hear cars, then I'm fine. You'd think that a deluxe would not even have any car park views due to the price you pay. Aren't these assigned as the super duper budget rooms too?
I have the exact room number at home. I am there, but will post it in a few hours. I have had standard category where I was upgraded to Arusha, but when I had pool view I wasn’t upgraded. The pic is not upgrade, just a standard view. Lots of variety of animals too. There was a feeding post underneath our balcony so animals came up close.

Hayley In Wonderland

I have the exact room number at home. I am there, but will post it in a few hours. I have had standard category where I was upgraded to Arusha, but when I had pool view I wasn’t upgraded. The pic is not upgrade, just a standard view. Lots of variety of animals too. There was a feeding post underneath our balcony so animals came up close.
We had pool view but downgraded to standard. We are visiting during thanksgiving so doubt we will be offered a free upgrade, which doesn't bother me. Some of the views from the standard rooms look beautiful anyway, with views of the savannah. I've heard the reason they're standard is because something obstructing the view or not having the savannah on both sides etc?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
We had pool view but downgraded to standard. We are visiting during thanksgiving so doubt we will be offered a free upgrade, which doesn't bother me. Some of the views from the standard rooms look beautiful anyway, with views of the savannah. I've heard the reason they're standard is because something obstructing the view or not having the savannah on both sides etc?
Dis got into a little bit of hot water over what they were considering Savannah view. They had to adjust the room categories to more accurately reflect what you were getting.

Hayley In Wonderland

Dis got into a little bit of hot water over what they were considering Savannah view. They had to adjust the room categories to more accurately reflect what you were getting.
I saw something about that and something about the car park view rooms being the cheapest rooms on site? I wonder how that is filtered out though, do they save those rooms til last and offer their cheapest rates that way? Surely they can't charge the same price for a partial savannah room view and a car park room?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom