Morning buses

FireChiefGoofy

I know people moan and groan about the busses being on time. But the issue is typically traffic. When it's busy the busses have following distances among many other concerns. When a gap is left in front per DOT the cars think it's for them to jump into. This slows progress as the bus needs to regain the gap only to have more cars zip in. That's only one issue, another thing that happens is at resorts ( All Stars for example) cars can use the bus gate via their magic bands. The bus has to stay back a considerable distance so it doesn't open the gate ( unauthorized entry) with the transponder. Cars see this as an opportunity to jump in front, leaving the bus to wait. I once had ten cars do this, my passengers asked why I was letting all the cars go, I had to explain the transponder. The list goes on but it all adds up to slowing bus progress. The temporary intersection at Osceola and Victory in front of ESPN is a source of long traffic lines and collisions. I know please get irritated but it's the way it is. These are not excuses it's what we deal with, one guest said to me " I would be glued to that guys bumper if I were you" Sir I would be fired, I replied there are four cameras on this bus and one faces forward . [ big brother is watching] We are expected to behave behind the wheel, what others do to us ..........meh!

I know all this. I’ve been a Disney bus driver at Animal Kingdom for the past six years.

FireChiefGoofy

@Driver on an unrelated note.....

We rode in a Disney bus yesterday with these seats:
View attachment 282808
Why are the seats carpeted? Was this a “test” bus?
The seats were not comfortable at all and I can’t imagine what they would be like after getting wet....by water or any other liquid. :hungover:

Bus 4953. It’s a 2010 Nova LFS. It’s a one off that Disney acquired before we purchased buses 5000-5009 which we call Super Novas. The reverse and drive buttons are backwards in this unit also.

Stitch826

That is one of our newest busses not sure why they ordered it that way. The Lynx busses have those ( same brand of bus) but as you said " getting wet". Our busses are cleaned inside and out every day the plastic seats clean easy spills are not a problem, the fabric seats not so much. They look nice but I don't think they are practical with wet bathing suits or worse.... bodily fluids ( very common)
As someone who is interested in possibly becoming a Disney bus driver in the future and who just came across this thread, I have to ask: Are bus drivers responsible for cleaning up "bodily fluids" or do you call someone else for that? :depressed:

Driver

As someone who is interested in possibly becoming a Disney bus driver in the future and who just came across this thread, I have to ask: Are bus drivers responsible for cleaning up "bodily fluids" or do you call someone else for that? :depressed:
NO never you have to be trained for that ( no joke) your bus is immediately taken out of service and a custodial team comes in to clean and disenfect . They are very thorough there is a process to it averages 20 minutes . And as a side note there's been every human excrement on those busses.... some done on purpose, but all cleaned in the same sanitary way.

HwdStudio

Thank you for the kind words, let me just say it can test your patience. But in the big picture I love what I do. I choose to be there I truly enjoy my interaction with the guest. Most guest appreciate what we do, it's the few that take out there frustrations on us that make it challenging to stay in character.
As I was reading through I was just about to thank you for putting up with the masses at WDW but I now see someone already has. I always enjoy your posts and think to myself that you are obviously someone who loves what they do. Thanks again for your insight and putting up with us at the parks and in this board!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom