News Magic Kingdom Vice President Dan Cockerell to retire

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Didn't his dad Lee do a very similar thing? Got out of the VP role somewhat young and started his own consulting firm. Looks like Dan may be doing the same.

I really didnt think Phil Holmes would be around at the parks for longer than Dan.

fngoofy

Didn't his dad Lee do a very similar thing? Got out of the VP role somewhat young and started his own consulting firm. Looks like Dan may be doing the same.

I really didnt think Phil Holmes would be around at the parks for longer than Dan.
When I worked as a CM at Disney Quest we had Lee's philosophy recordings in the educational library to check out. If he did do the same thing, he sure presented himself as a long-timer. He talked about early days in MK and such.
I always liked what he had to say, big on time management and simplifying your life with the right choices.

hopemax

Interesting.

When he was in charge of Frontierland, he would sometimes join my Mom and her friends at lunch to ask how things were. I got the impression he "knew how to play the game." To leave while so young, seems to imply either it wasn't of his choosing, or he saw the writing on the wall.

Disone

This news saddens me. Dan truly was one of the great leaders within the company. Dan is in very good standing so I know he isn't being rubbed out. Speculation is that he is joining his father's consulting firm.

That said, I did not see this coming. I really thought one day Dan was going to be president of the WDW resort. Good Luck Dan in all that you do next.

PuertoRekinSam

Was he considered an asset to the parks, or just another executive who never worked in the parks and started in management?

Dan started in 1882 (long before his father worked for the company) on the college program. He went to Paris (looking for answers?) for a while (following an ICP who later became his wife) before returning state side and working up the ranks.

He was a great guy to know back in the early 2000s; I assume he still is.

ToTBellHop

Dan started in 1882 (long before his father worked for the company) on the college program. He went to Paris (looking for answers?) for a while (following an ICP who later became his wife) before returning state side and working up the ranks.

He was a great guy to know back in the early 2000s; I assume he still is.
He’s older than Dumbledore! Plastic surgery?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom