News PHOTOS - Construction walls up in Dinoland U.S.A. for Donald's Dino Bash

Cmdr_Crimson

The hat on the skeleton is one of the worst things I've ever seen be proposed for the parks.

Are you sure about that?
*Cough*
images

*Cough*
os-disneys-hollywood-studios-sorcerers-hat-20141024

*COUGH*
9-16_castle3.jpg

Man, it's dusty in here....;)

Castle Cake Apologist

Are you sure about that?
*Cough*
images

*Cough*
os-disneys-hollywood-studios-sorcerers-hat-20141024

*COUGH*
9-16_castle3.jpg

Man, it's dusty in here....;)

Ha! Well, I did say one of the worst. However, I'll defend Castle Cake to the death. I thought it was clever, served its purpose, and left when it was supposed to. The "temporary" wand and hat, on the other hand... :banghead:

EDIT: I gotta say, Castle Cake looked much better in person than it ever comes across in photos. One of the bigger issues with it was that the candles kept deflating, usually from lightning strikes from what we were told at the time.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm really glad to see Scrooge out and about, he's my fiance's favorite character and he has never gotten to see him. I hope he's allowed for meet and greets...

He sure will be...
https://i1.wp.com//wp-content/uploads/2018/04/DSCF0350.jpg?resize=800%2C400&ssl=1

From the looks of the photo he will be off the beaten path across the way from the Alligator pen. This looks like what was a former Kids Discovery Station and was a DVC Kiosk at one point...
From Guide-To-Disney
kids-discovery-club-dinoland-USA-big.jpg

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It really wasn't a Retheme just a Re-Naming..The majority of the ride was untouched..
Weren't a lot of the effects toned down? Or did they just break without any upkeep?

Either way, my point was the whole "constant shoehorning IPs" argument, and this was definitely an early representation of shoehorning an IP at an earlier time.

Aladar being in front of the building... His face is freaky.

Cmdr_Crimson

Weren't a lot of the effects toned down? Or did they just break without any upkeep?
Pretty much this....Yes

Well, Early 2000's CG isn't what it use to be...And they seem to have detailed that statue pretty well..
hqdefault.jpg

But, Yes...The Styracasauous was a better statue than The Iguanadon...
2a71fa02b8ceae4bd26b243df4fad3b3.jpg

GlacierGlacier

Either way, my point was the whole "constant shoehorning IPs" argument, and this was definitely an early representation of shoehorning an IP at an earlier time.

Check out Martin's Vid for the changes in the effects - most that did break or shut down were due to safety concerns, and have been replaced with digital effects to compensate. I have also heard of a decrease in the EMV intensity.

Also, I'd love to see longer shots of the EMVs in testing, if you have them Martin. They are beautiful ride vehicles.

TJJohn12

OK, I'm going to be on the outside looking in for this opinion - this excites me quite a bit. Not necessarily the permanent additions to the land's gateway, but the concept of Donald exploring his dinosaur heritage is a perfect fit for the edutainment style of park that DAK originally intended to be. It's actually likely to be a bit more quality stealth science content than I think Dinosaur is able to deliver. I love the evolution silhouettes above the Welcome Center also reinforcing the message, and the fact that the dinosaur he's hugging is feathered as he should be.

I will caveat this with the fact that one of my favorite memories from my Honeymoon was a M&G with Donald on the Cretaceous Trail, with him in pith helmet and safari shirt. So I have a little bias in emotionally seeing Donald as a decent fit for the area.

But seriously, in a park that's about animals and science, having a kid-friendly hat-tip to teaching some basic evolutionary science facts is exciting to me as a professional science (among other things) interpreter and educator.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom