News Disney announces plans to celebrate 20 years of Disney's Animal Kingdom

MrPromey

I'm referring to the majority of Merchandise it's mostly pin related Yeah they may have a 5 different shirts and some items like they did for Epcot 35th and MK's 45th....But, there were pins....lots of pins reflecting said celebrations..
DFm3QS7VwAAqWuR

The pins are great for them because there is an insane markup on them, they're highly customizable for unique designs, small and don't take up a lot of retail space. They have the appearance of a jewelry-like item which tricks people into thinking they might actually be worth that markup and best of all, the outdated ones become "collectibles".

Heck, even the crappy ones that may find their way to one of their outlet stores in the area will still sell at a higher-than-typical-retail-margin for trading in the parks.

Minthorne

I booked this today for 4/30. I can confirm there is a 15% discount for DVC Members and AP holders (so $53.41 per person including tax with the discount). I was also told that I shouldn't worry about any conflicts between any FastPasses I had that day and the tour. The tour is designed to fit in between existing fast passes and they would coordinate this at check in.

I'm thinking this is a pretty good deal, although I do ponder if these two pieces of information are related:

"You’ll also get a behind-the-scenes peek at the Animal Nutrition Center—the meal prep headquarters for more than 1,500 animal residents."

"...and is priced at $59 per person including a snack."

:D

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I booked this today for 4/30. I can confirm there is a 15% discount for DVC Members and AP holders (so $53.41 per person including tax with the discount). I was also told that I shouldn't worry about any conflicts between any FastPasses I had that day and the tour. The tour is designed to fit in between existing fast passes and they would coordinate this at check in.

I'm thinking this is a pretty good deal, although I do ponder if these two pieces of information are related:

"You’ll also get a behind-the-scenes peek at the Animal Nutrition Center—the meal prep headquarters for more than 1,500 animal residents."

"...and is priced at $59 per person including a snack."

:D
I imagine at that price, it means they'll let guests randomly sample the monkey chow again.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Seems a very easy way for Disney to make a few bucks with minimal/no effort... too expensive for me (which sadly seems to be the way more and more things at Disney are becoming), but it would be fun to go to if someone got it for me as a gift...

shipley731

I would gladly pay $165 to listen to Joe Rohde & have dinner. To me, that's totally worth it. That being said, I live two hours away & it's in the middle of the week. If that was on a Sunday, I would have already booked the damn thing.

Creathir

I think it is priced okay. It includes the meal and the speaker, right?
That’s on top of park admission too.

The meal better be one swanky dang meal at that price too...

I suppose it’s in alignment with the monorail multi course meal...

For me, Rhode would be the only one I would be interested in hearing from, the rest I’m sure would be interesting, but the price is just too steep for my blood.

Prototype82

Well yikes that Rhode dinner filled up before I even knew they opened reservations. Snagged a reservation to check out Dr. Soltis. Should be interesting...Bummer about Rhode though!

tnemgif

This probably says a lot about my personality type, but I’ve been anxiously awaiting news on the special food offerings for the event.

(The merch looks cool too though, I guess...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom