Knott's News - HangTime will open on May 18th, and a look at the Hillbillies

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Knott's has set the opening date of the new Rollercoaster for Friday May 18th, and is working on its new late Spring Ad campaign, and the press event for that week.

Here is a fun article about Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/03/...s-brought-its-bluegrass-to-knotts-berry-farm/

The Boysenberry Festival has been an amazing hit this year, and breaking attendance records. I love the special food items, just amazing well cooked and tasting items.

Ismael Flores

Just got off Xcelerator, a great ride.

Darkbeer, do you happen to know why Xcelerator seems to be staying closed for hours? have noticed that it has been closed more often then open and afterdark they keep it dark. They then start allowing guests to queue up and decide to open it up 1 or to hours before park closing. The other day we got in the queue with no lights on and the coaster pitch black. luckily most people saw the queue dark and just walked past it so the line didn't get long. Even then with us actually on the platform it took forever to load.

I really wish that knotts did a better job of keeping lines moving, it is so annoying to be on a queue with hardly anyone on it but still have to wait almost 40 minutes. This whole lets just let guests do what they want attitude that knott's has is their worst problem and reason for long waits. having guests pick where they might want to sit and then getting up so they can take their sweet time taking off their jacket and glasses and hats then walk to a cubby and stroll back to the car and sit down. most annoying thing is seeing guests get out of the cars after riding head to the cubby holes to get their crap and then stand there while they put everything back up.
In almost every ride they waste at least five minutes just standing there waiting for guests to figure out what they want to do.

Ismael Flores

Knott's has set the opening date of the new Rollercoaster for Friday May 18th, and is working on its new late Spring Ad campaign, and the press event for that week.

Here is a fun article about Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/03/...s-brought-its-bluegrass-to-knotts-berry-farm/

The Boysenberry Festival has been an amazing hit this year, and breaking attendance records. I love the special food items, just amazing well cooked and tasting items.

the quesadillas were flavorless though and the boysenberry beer disgusting but overall I did enjoy it. Only problem I had was that most items lost the boysenberry flavor and it was just the condiment that gave it some of that flavor.

Items that really had a good strong boysenberry taste were the cotton candy and hummus. the rest was all about the topping

Stevek

the quesadillas were flavorless though and the boysenberry beer disgusting but overall I did enjoy it. Only problem I had was that most items lost the boysenberry flavor and it was just the condiment that gave it some of that flavor.

Items that really had a good strong boysenberry taste were the cotton candy and hummus. the rest was all about the topping
My wife actually liked the boysenberry beer. I will say that when i tried the funbun....good but way too rich, too much boysenberry. Kinda let down given the hype.

Rich T

SeaWorld San Diego's Electrical Eel opens May 12th.
I rode the one at 6 Flags Discovery Kingdom (Named Superman there.) Made me motion sick AND scared the daylights outta me with that slow barrel roll with just a lap bar. 😀Never again, but I'm glad I rode it once.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Knott's was testing the HangTime lighting effects tonight, You can see them from the 91 Freeway.

Amazing Stuff......

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Rode it last week with my wife.

I asked her if it was as good as what she expected, and she said Better!

Opens officially on Friday.

Off to San Diego on Sunday to ride Electric Eel, so far, the reviews have been great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom