News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

disneyC97

The shop formally known as Treasures in Paradise now Knick's Knacks has reopened.

Question: What is Pixar Pier? From this shop it's a contemporary space however it's a vintage pier but a modern logo is being used although it has classic interior designs.

Well hopefully the exterior ends up being an improvement.

__r.jr

A marketing decision.

And suffering from identity crisis.

It's truly disappointing. The legacies and philosophies of WED Enterprises is being diminished by the Disney of today.

Disney parks feel connected because of great designers like John Hench, Dorothea Holt Redmond and George McGinnis.
Unfortunately with current WDI being management focused, we're losing cohesiveness, a sense of place, time and purpose.

Disneylover152

Unfortunately with current WDI being management focused, we're losing cohesiveness, a sense of place, time and purpose.

And all these new park overhauls in Disney World and parks around the world aren't helping like they are saying it is. Epcot will still have an identity crisis, Hollywood Studios will be a park about immersing you into the world of films but still have soundstages, WDSP will be a 1/3 studio park, 1/3 immersing you in movies, 1/3 recreation. HKDL will still be a cheap, low-attraction park.

They keep saying these overhauls are improving the parks, but adding highly immersive lands or retheming a few attractions and leaving the rest of the park the way it is isn't improving the parks, just going a step behind with story and theme.

D

Deleted member 107043

And suffering an identity crisis.

It's truly disappointing. The legacies and philosophies of WED Enterprises is being diminished by the Disney of today.

Disney parks feel connected because of great designers like John Hench, Dorothea Holt Redmond and George McGinnis.

No disagreement there from me, but in Disney's defense the parks are not operating in the same environment they were when those brilliant people were tasked with designing rides at Disneyland. Critiquing bad aesthetics (Pizza Planet signage) is one thing, but trying to contextualize Disneyland's broader relevance in 21st Century pop culture is something completely different and requires a much more nuanced analysis than what one typically sees on an online Disneyland fan board.

Last edited by a moderator:

GiveMeTheMusic

To be fair I think most used to the North American way would find their refurbishment schedule shocking. You've got to be a bit careful navigating that one if you are a one and done Tokyo visitor.

If there is ever all attractions open (which perhaps almost never occurs), you know it's not the time to visit. Plus there are some possible horrible, horrible crowded periods.

The only park that it's almost always ok to visit is Hong Kong.

As long as Pooh, Monsters, Journey and Sindbad are open, it’s a good time to go. Everything else is negotiable!

Ismael Flores

The shop formally known as Treasures in Paradise now Knick's Knacks has reopened.

Question: What is Pixar Pier? From this shop it's a contemporary space however it's a vintage pier but a modern logo is being used although it has classic interior designs.

Oh now that I really hate, they destroyed the one thing that they got right in DCA 1.0.

That shop looks ugly. Yes it looks clean but stale, just another shop with no character and charm.

Last edited:

drizgirl

Does it?

You don't think the addional people coming to the parks will more than make up for any added capacity that it's two rides will provide?
Totally agree. Additional guests entering the park now will far exceed the capacity of those 2 new rides. It will make the crowding issue worse instead of better.
If they let number of people allowed in the park alone instead of increasing it then yes.
That's really only an issue on that handful of days the park reaches max capacity. Now they will just have more days hitting or getting close to capacity.

Ralf

New Incredibles 2 Trailer (youtu.be/i5qOzqD9Rms) and that building looks familiar...!

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding.jpg
    Schermafbeelding.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    10.6 KB · Views: 65

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
They should have nuked it and made it a Star Wars/Marvel park. It would have been the yin to DL's yang. It would have done a great job balancing attendance.

But alas that ship has sailed. Forever.

The only thing worth saving at DCA is Cars Land. What a joke that park has become (well, maybe not as bad as opening day but still)

TragicMike

Disneyland didn't need Pirates of the Caribbean but we got it and it was wonderful. Galaxy's Edge fits in perfectly and provides the needed capacity.
I'd rather Disneyland focus first on its Tomorrowland refurb and Fantasyland expansion than adding a land themed to Star Wars. The park has other areas that need TLC.

Disneyland is already one of the most attended theme parks in the world while DCA is lacking behind. Building Galaxy's Edge at DCA would've cleared up the already insufferable attendance at DL while simultaneously establishing their second gate as a worldwide attraction. Now DL is going to reach capacity levels we've only had nightmares of. I love the idea of GE and I'm all for it, I just wish they would've showed more love towards DCA (which in turn would've allowed Disney to show more love to the areas of DL that truly NEEDED it.)

Phroobar

I'd rather Disneyland focus first on its Tomorrowland refurb and Fantasyland expansion than adding a land themed to Star Wars. The park has other areas that need TLC.

Disneyland is already one of the most attended theme parks in the world while DCA is lacking behind. Building Galaxy's Edge at DCA would've cleared up the already insufferable attendance at DL while simultaneously establishing their second gate as a worldwide attraction. Now DL is going to reach capacity levels we've only had nightmares of. I love the idea of GE and I'm all for it, I just wish they would've showed more love towards DCA (which in turn would've allowed Disney to show more love to the areas of DL that truly NEEDED it.)
Disneyland hasn't had a new e-ticket in over twenty years. They need the capacity of GE in order to close down Tomorrowland and rebuild. The infrastructure can't take modern guests. That expansion and DCA expansions make it easier to shut down areas that need attention for years. Things have to change in order to meet demand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom