This is how bad the price increases are

deeevo

Original Poster
Below is what I paid to stay last year. No more Deluxe resorts for me.

1523431812716.png

This is what it is this year.

1523431922197.png

ParentsOf4

In 2018, the year-round average rack rate (excluding tax) for a standard view room at the Polynesian is $581.

With tax, it's $645.

Overall, Disney's hotel prices increased by over 5%, one of the largest increases this century.

Still, the main driving force behind the price increase quoted by the op is that Disney is not offering annual passholders the same discounts as the year before.

deeevo

Original Poster
Last year I think I calculated the AP discount was 25% so the rack rate was around $450. This year it looks like the AP discount is 15% with the rack rate at $509 so a $59 increase per night on top of the parking fee and the Standard View no longer includes views of the pool. Gotta pay extra for that. This is really no surprise since Tikiman brought this up a while ago but Poly is our favorite but I can not justify that rate. It is ridiculous.

Herdman

We are renting DVC points through David's, and we have a savanna view deluxe studio at the AKL. The price we are paying is almost exactly what we would be paying for a preferred room at POFQ, our normal stay the last two times. If all goes well with the trip, as it has so far, then renting DVC points would probably be the only way we would pay to stay at a deluxe resort.

deeevo

Original Poster
We are renting DVC points through David's, and we have a savanna view deluxe studio at the AKL. The price we are paying is almost exactly what we would be paying for a preferred room at POFQ, our normal stay the last two times. If all goes well with the trip, as it has so far, then renting DVC points would probably be the only way we would pay to stay at a deluxe resort.
I would say you are correct. I have always had a hard time snagging point for my dates though but I may need to plan a little better in the future.

Weather_Lady

Ditto for us. We're renting points for our upcoming stay at the Beach Club and Polynesian. The total per night ends up being $272/night at Beach Club (barely more than what we paid to stay at CBR two years ago) and $408/night at the Polynesian (both for studios). I was choking on the amount for the Poly, even though I know it's a great deal when you look at the usual rack rate, but it's a "once-in-a-lifetime" bucket list item for us and we expect it will be several years before we get back to WDW (by which time there's NO way we'll be able to afford a deluxe even at DVC rental rates, the way the prices keep shooting up), so we decided to go for it.

Herdman

Ditto for us. We're renting points for our upcoming stay at the Beach Club and Polynesian. The total per night ends up being $272/night at Beach Club (barely more than what we paid to stay at CBR two years ago) and $408/night at the Polynesian (both for studios). I was choking on the amount for the Poly, even though I know it's a great deal when you look at the usual rack rate, but it's a "once-in-a-lifetime" bucket list item for us and we expect it will be several years before we get back to WDW (by which time there's NO way we'll be able to afford a deluxe even at DVC rental rates, the way the prices keep shooting up), so we decided to go for it.

Same for us here too. When we started planning our trip this time we all thought this might be our only shot at trying to stay at a deluxe resort before our daughter finishes college and starts her own life. No way of knowing what might happen down the line.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Additionally, renting DVC points through David's, Dvcrentalstore, etc. ALSO means No Resort Parking Fees :)

eliza61nyc

There is no bigger rip off than Disney hotel prices in the country..... Pay for location... It is crazy

location is every thing. I love the beach, you want a ocean front condo for a week in the summer you are starting at 3000 bucks a week. same condo 4 blocks in, drops the price down to 1000 week. Location IS every thing. everywhere.

I'm researching a vacation next year to yellowstone. a full year ahead and a lot of the park hotels are already booked up and they are double the price of what seems to be outside Yellowstone park.

Hockey89

location is every thing. I love the beach, you want a ocean front condo for a week in the summer you are starting at 3000 bucks a week. same condo 4 blocks in, drops the price down to 1000 week. Location IS every thing. everywhere.

I'm researching a vacation next year to yellowstone. a full year ahead and a lot of the park hotels are already booked up and they are double the price of what seems to be outside Yellowstone park.
Doesn't change the fact that the rooms themselves are not much of a step up from pick an average at best hotel....

Not to go down the road but the Four Seasons Orlando rooms are light-years better.... Not even the same ballpark... I still remember moving from the four seasons to the YC after our wedding... Fans were missing parts... Paint chipped.... It just hit home how much they sucked compared to the FS... That's all... TV in the bathroom mirror.... Just insane... YC cost more...

I'll be paying for the BC this summer bc of the location... I get it...

Leigh51

We stay in West Yellowstone and it is awesome.If you can go in the spring or fall "shoulder" season the price will be 40% -50% less.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom