News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

macefamily

Just another Disneyworld upperclass offering that my family cannot afford. We can't afford $7500 per week deluxe resort costs so this is just another tier of Disney lavishness that we will never get to experience. We'll press our sad faces against the window and observe what the rich people are doing.

JoeCamel

Just another Disneyworld upperclass offering that my family cannot afford. We can't afford $7500 per week deluxe resort costs so this is just another tier of Disney lavishness that we will never get to experience. We'll press our sad faces against the window and observe what the rich people are doing.
Just console yourself with the reality that Disney's delivery of premium experiences is not seen as premium by the rest of the hospitality industry.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
If someone lives in Golden Oaks and already has easy access to the outstanding bars and lounges at DS and the Deluxe resorts, I don’t understand the appeal of fighting the parks just for a drink in a fake Club 33 with no historical significance. But people will join for the privilege of being a member.
There are a lot of benefits on top of the 4 lounges.

TP2000

Quite true. If they follow the Disneyland model, a WDW Club 33 member will receive Premiere Passes for each member of the family, five 8-hour VIP Guided Tours per year to use for themselves or gift to friends/family, seasonal after-hours parties for members-only like the Disneyland Jazz Festival, etc., presentations in the club by Imagineers and Disney Legends, seasonal backstage tours of rides and otherwise off-limits facilities, and every time you go to the parks (even if you don't dine in the restaurant or visit the two cocktail lounges) you get 50 open Fastpasses you can use or give to friends/family, etc., etc.. It's an impressive list of benefits.

There is food at the 2 story MK location, but not sure at this point how comprehensive the menu will be.

If it's a cocktail lounge I'm thinking tapas, small plates, or appetizers. It just sort of boggles the mind to think they are rolling out a "Club 33" and somehow have eliminated the entire reason for Club 33 to exist; a fancy dining room serving five-course gourmet meals and fine wines.
38d78e56620cdfffebfbd011f40769c6.jpg

I'm going to be fascinated to see how this rolls out and goes over with folks, especially those who may be familiar with the 51 year old concept at Disneyland.

Casper Gutman

Poor, poor, Disney Main Street urchins only able to spend $3,000 for a family vacation to the premier theme park of the world, barely able to afford a Mickey Bar to ease their mid-afternoon sugar pangs. Sad.
So true! Those arrogant proles who scrimp and save to take their spawn to Disney World and then expect to be treated like something other then the afterthought they are. Disney's been raising prices exponentially and cutting service to the bone for years and these beer-stained buffoons still haven't gotten the message that they aren't the RIGHT sort of guest. I'm glad Disney is finally realizing that the better class of traveler deserves special attention, an experience separate enough so that the fetid aromas of the teeming masses don't disturb their pleasures but still eminently visible so the scum can fully understand their social place.

Heavens, the middle class is loathsome. Imagine a resort designed to offer THEM high-quality service and unique experiences. It would lead to anarchy!

Last edited:

tirian

You’re right, but compared to the perks and history at DL, it’s not much more if you’re already a Golden Oak resident.

I can think of a few celebrities and tech giants who are probably all over this—possibly a few politicians too.

durangojim

Not sure if there was already a picture of the logo from the Brown Derby, but here’s another I took during my trip last week:
We were there last week as well and two gentlemen went up in the elevator. One had a Club 33 name tag and the other was just a regular Disney name tag. The 33 cast member was explaining how there is a camera embedded into the button for the elevator. When the elevator opened I was surprised to see how plain looking it was with fake crappy wood floors and no ornamentation as well. It looked like an elevator you'd see in any budget motel. Pretty disappointing.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
We were there last week as well and two gentlemen went up in the elevator. One had a Club 33 name tag and the other was just a regular Disney name tag. The 33 cast member was explaining how there is a camera embedded into the button for the elevator. When the elevator opened I was surprised to see how plain looking it was with fake crappy wood floors and no ornamentation as well. It looked like an elevator you'd see in any budget motel. Pretty disappointing.
Well, maybe it's a "budget" secret club for millionaires...

Walt d

It's about time! Good thing I have tens of thousands of dollars ready to drop just to join!

Oh wait...
I guess it’s time to sell some Ferraris so i can get in the door, oh” can you pass the Gray Pooh pon” thank you my good man...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom