Toy Story Land at Shanghai

malice

Halleloo, looks like someone took notice of the poorly placed irises. I got this screenshot of Jessie from a castmember’s IG story feed:
B39AE982-7EA4-4ACD-A2CE-2F07DAC1ABBB.jpeg

Before shot:
C77D7C8D-D5E7-45BE-B956-D859AEED2E29.jpeg

I just got back a few weeks ago from China, went the 5th to the 7th of March to Shanghai Disney. WOW best Disney experience I have ever had. I cant ever go back to Tokyo or Cali after my Shangai visit. I will go back to Florida because I live half of the year there and its nearby but my choice of Disney parks is Shanghai. Im going to Check out Hong Kong next to compare .

jaxonp

I just got back a few weeks ago from China, went the 5th to the 7th of March to Shanghai Disney. WOW best Disney experience I have ever had. I cant ever go back to Tokyo or Cali after my Shangai visit. I will go back to Florida because I live half of the year there and its nearby but my choice of Disney parks is Shanghai. Im going to Check out Hong Kong next to compare .

What did you like about Shanghai better than Tokyo ?

Really, all 3 parks are equal in what they offer and appearance. IMVHO All three parks are beautiful and have their own uniqueness and special individual offerings, Of course Things in Shanghai are newer, Tron is awesome, Pirates is amazing, Buzz is slightly differnt. Peter Pan is a just a bit faster and more exciting, but honestly it just boils down to two things.

1. Both days, all attractions,----- 1 minute wait or less! I took the front row on TRON 4 times in a row with my daughter with only a 1 minute wait, had I not wanted the front row I would have waiting 0 minutes ! ,,,,,,,,,,,,so less people . THIS IS THE BIG REASON WHY I like Shanghai better, like 99 percent of the reason

2. A little cheaper, 1 percent-of the reason.------------- I mean in the end, We didnt spend less , but we were able to buy more and enjoy our selves more

IF BOTH RESORTS had the same amount tourist, cost the same, ect ect, id consider Tokyo a slightly better , just on the fact of Tourist in Japan in a tourist setting in Japan vs Tourist in china in a tourist setting in China.

But really if everything was equal it would be more like a third park to me on equal footing. Service and offerings at both parks/resorts were excellent.

For me here in Japan. Its............

1. One hour and 55 minutes flight to Tokyo , then at least 2 hours from airport to a Disney Resort hotel.
2. Shanghai, 1 hour and 45 minutes flight and then about a hour to get through customs ect, then about 25 minutes taxi drive to a Disney Resort Hotel. So Shanghai is about 30 minutes quicker for me

again it just boils down to people. Why pay that money , take that time to stand in 4 hour waits for attractions, at toky or Cali when you can just jump on and ride every ride as many times as you want.

Slow days can still be found at Shanghai, it cant be found at Tokyo. Doesnt matter anymore if you go on Weekdays, or when kids are in schcool tokyo will have you waiting 45 minutes for a hot dog and popcorn and 4 hour waits for most of its attractions .

Daveeeeed

Really, all 3 parks are equal in what they offer and appearance. IMVHO All three parks are beautiful and have their own uniqueness and special individual offerings, Of course Things in Shanghai are newer, Tron is awesome, Pirates is amazing, Buzz is slightly differnt. Peter Pan is a just a bit faster and more exciting, but honestly it just boils down to two things.

1. Both days, all attractions,----- 1 minute wait or less! I took the front row on TRON 4 times in a row with my daughter with only a 1 minute wait, had I not wanted the front row I would have waiting 0 minutes ! ,,,,,,,,,,,,so less people . THIS IS THE BIG REASON WHY I like Shanghai better, like 99 percent of the reason

2. A little cheaper, 1 percent-of the reason.------------- I mean in the end, We didnt spend less , but we were able to buy more and enjoy our selves more

IF BOTH RESORTS had the same amount tourist, cost the same, ect ect, id consider Tokyo a slightly better , just on the fact of Tourist in Japan in a tourist setting in Japan vs Tourist in china in a tourist setting in China.

But really if everything was equal it would be more like a third park to me on equal footing. Service and offerings at both parks/resorts were excellent.

1. One hour and 55 minutes flight to Tokyo , then at least 2 hours from airport to a Disney Resort hotel.
2. Shanghai, 1 hour and 45 minutes flight and then about a hour to get through customs ect, then about 25 minutes taxi drive to a Disney Resort Hotel. So Shanghai is about 30 minutes quicker for me

again it just boils down to people. Why pay that money , take that time to stand in 4 hour waits for attractions, at toky or Cali when you can just jump on and ride every ride as many times as you want.

Slow days can still be found at Shanghai, it cant be found at Tokyo. Doesnt matter anymore if you go on Weekdays, or when kids are in schcool tokyo will have you waiting 45 minutes for a hot dog and popcorn and 4 hour waits for most of its attractions .
Cali can get very low waits, and in general is very reasonable. WDW & Tokyo are the ones that are insane.

yeah WDW is just as bad, but Ill occasionally go there again because its so close to my Florida house and was the resort I went to growing up but thats about the only reasons

jaxonp

Thanks for your response! I’m doing all three Asian parks soon and can’t wait. Hong Kong seems to be the park with the least waits, so I’ve read.

Thanks for your response! I’m doing all three Asian parks soon and can’t wait. Hong Kong seems to be the park with the least waits, so I’ve read.

I have heard that too, and I am hoping that is correct as I am going there next with the family on our next family trip. Want to compare the crowds with Shanghai but I cant imagine it having less waits that 0 minute waits LOL. I hoping its similar though.

Hope your not going too much later though, busy season is starting soon at the SHanghai park and Tokyo, well its always hell.

BrianLo

Btw I had the worst waits of any Park I‘ve ever been to at Shanghai March 26th. The park positively has a ton of room so may not feel crammed even if the ride wait times start to complain. But Shanghai can very much get busy.

Hong Kong consistently is going to run the shortest waits on your average of day.

GiveMeTheMusic

Btw I had the worst waits of any Park I‘ve ever been to at Shanghai March 26th. The park positively has a ton of room so may not feel crammed even if the ride wait times start to complain. But Shanghai can very much get busy.

Hong Kong consistently is going to run the shortest waits on your average of day.

SDL desperately needs new ride capacity, and TSL doesn't cut it.

GiveMeTheMusic

IASW alone would be an improvement.

The park really needs a couple more people-eaters. Pirates is great for that, but the park needs more. When I visited, Pirates was consistently going out with boats 1/2 - 2/3 full because the CMs wouldn't assign rows quick enough before the boats had to cycle out. It was frustrating to watch, as a queue builds up for Pirates even on slow days and it could move a lot faster during those times if they efficiently loaded it.

I doubt IASW will ever come to SDL. HKDL likely views it as a China exclusive for them, but Soaring has proved their is raging interest in internationally themed attractions at SDL since most of the populace can't or don't travel internationally. An Epcot style World Showcase would do very well there IMO.

BrianLo

SDL desperately needs new ride capacity, and TSL doesn't cut it.

Have you heard yet? I assume we have to wait for the opening lineup to finally come to pass before they start talking expansion.

Everest and an Alice people eater both seem like good ideas. I think Everest’s capacity is actually reasonable.

IASW alone would be an improvement.

I would have gladly traded IASW for Pooh, but I think that ship has sailed and is actually inevitably a good thing. I like Small world, but I don’t think castle parks really need to be beholden to repeating the same thing over and over. Voyage of the Crystal Grotto is a tad lame, but it’s the Small World menu fill in.

The train feels like an error... but the park is clearly not designed to accommodate one now. On the opposite end of things it’s hilarious the number of times the train has been closed in Hong Kong. I swear it’s closed or operating oddly due to expansion for more of its life than it has operated!

Oh and the biggest mistake SDL made was a two theatre Soarin’. What a moronic move.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom