how far in advance do you plan

JIMINYCR

Constantly in planning/ dreaming mode. But when we decide a trip is possible we are usually a year out. There have been a few trips planned at less than 6 months when I could convince DW that we had the money and could splurge for a trip. I would love to have the luxury of booking a trip as soon as the trip I'm on ends but thats not possible for us at this time.

Upvote 0

BoarderPhreak

This last trip was 110 days. I know because I've been counting down ever since. :p

It's usually 3-6 months. Once the ADR and FP reservations start happening, it goes quick!

Upvote 0

belledream

Gotta have a year! Usually booked for the next on before we come home. ;)

I think I would have a panic attack if I had to plan a trip under 180 days and see what was left available to me, food-wise!

Upvote 0

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
A good trip: book trip 180+ days out

A great trip: book 365+ days out

This is especially if you’re planning on staying and eating on property.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

7-11 months in advance usually. Sometimes less than that.

Gotta have a year! Usually booked for the next on before we come home. ;)

I think I would have a panic attack if I had to plan a trip under 180 days and see what was left available to me, food-wise!

Honestly it's not that bad. We leave in a couple months and we have zero dining planned. I'm also not loving the idea of doing a lot of FP+ either so... but we have fun :)

Upvote 0

Herdman

About a year for us as far as the planning goes, but it's sometimes more than that when we make the decision as to if/when we are going to go.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
8 to 18 months usually. Though my retirement bucket list trip has been in the works for a year and there's still over 18 months to go. :hilarious:

Upvote 0

Fankle

Anything between 8 to 12 months. As soon as the all the airline flights prices are released which is when the prices tend to drop from their initial ridiculous high to what often proves to be their low-point.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Over a year for us.

Coming from the UK, I'm tentatively planning the next trip from when we get back. As in thinking about budget, when we could realistically go back, managing DVC points accordingly.

But the actual trip planning starts a year ahead, with booking 11 months ahead and trying to coordinate flights.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

slipperalwaysfits

Yes, planning is part of the fun for us! We usually plan a year or so out---at least, we have the idea that we are going in our heads. We usually make the room reservation 9 or so months out. Last year, we weren't planning on going and then some family things changed so we booked the trip late February for an October trip. We still had plenty of time to make dining reservations. This year, we tried to get a bounce back offer when we were there last year but the week is blocked out :banghead::bored: I think we waited maybe 2 weeks after coming home to book our next trip.

You have to know what resort you want, if we booked now, there's no way we'd get POFQ for late fall. Booking more than 300 days out really helps!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom