Black Panther

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
28953940_1997406363619999_7462047937099188542_o.jpg

Princess Leia

If it hasn’t yet, BP is on track to be the highest grossing superhero film in the US. Not to be confused with ticket sales, Spider-Man and Avengers still have it beat there

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And the so-called China snub never happened. At almost $100 billion million, BP is doing well enough there any characterization of 'poor performance' isn't true.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

As a comparison, here are some other major comic book movies adjusted for ticket price inflation.

Superman (1978) $526.5 million
Batman (1989) $577.9 million
Spider-Man (2002) $637.8 million
The Dark Knight (2008) $681.7 million
The Avengers (2012) $705.7 million

Of course, this is not the same as tickets sold, in which case all of these would top BP, but there's no denying this film's great success.

WhatJaneSays

Well it looks like BP will settle in at the #3 domestic spot, over Titanic. World Wide it just crossed 1.3 billion at #10, only 32 million behind Last Jedi and 41 million behind Deathly Hallows Part 2, if it can hold to the low drops in the lead up to Infinity War it could still pass them both but it's unlikely it will overtake Age of Ultron (1.4 billion).

Princess Leia

Well it looks like BP will settle in at the #3 domestic spot, over Titanic. World Wide it just crossed 1.3 billion at #10, only 32 million behind Last Jedi and 41 million behind Deathly Hallows Part 2, if it can hold to the low drops in the lead up to Infinity War it could still pass them both but it's unlikely it will overtake Age of Ultron (1.4 billion).
I’m actually pretty curious to see how it performs in Saudi Arabia. It’s the first movie to be screened in the country in 35 years

Princess Leia

It's out of the Top 5 now.
1523885595109.png

Super Troopers 2 and I Feel Pretty come out Friday, so it will probably move down to 8 (unless Blockers has a bad weekend competing with the other new comedies).

WhatJaneSays

I expected good week-to-week holds for Black Panther but so far it looks like all the holds are sub -20%, Saturday was only -11%, that's just crazy. I guess everybody that said they wanted to catch BP one more time, or for the first time, before Infinity War are actually doing it.

I feel there might be a chance that BP may even rally a bit up the chart after IW.

Princess Leia

I expected good week-to-week holds for Black Panther but so far it looks like all the holds are sub -20%, Saturday was only -11%, that's just crazy. I guess everybody that said they wanted to catch BP one more time, or for the first time, before Infinity War are actually doing it.

I feel there might be a chance that BP may even rally a bit up the chart after IW.
If BP was playing near me, I would totally catch it again over the next couple weekends. Unfortunately, that’s not the case (waiting for the theatre that gets movies at the very end of their runs right now, so it will probably be there in 3 weeks).
Ready Player One and Rampage are probably about to take a major beating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom