Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2018

JohnD

I'm still trying to firm up a possible trip around Memorial Day to even be thinking about MVMCP. Although I want to go during the holidays this year for TSL, Candlelight Processional, trees around the resort, etc. as its been several years.

mousehockey37

Nevermind about the MNSSHP pricing tiers, it was over in the MNSSHP thread... lol.

This is ridiculous. $125 for the last parties? I get that it's either on or the closest to the party, but geez.... Hey people, watch Hallowishes from outside the park and stay an extra night for what it costs to go to the party.

Last edited:

JohnD

Definitely. I'm ashamed to admit I've never been to France, let alone DLP.

When I was last in France, there was no DLP (1993). And this may sound like sacrilege but if your schedule only allows so much, do the classic spots first (Eiffel Tower, Lourve, Notre Dame, etc.). If I ever went back, sure I'd do those but I'd want to see DLP too although my friends would think I'm nuts -- I have WDW in my backyard would be their argument. Trying to convince them that DLP is different would fall on deaf ears.

ToTBellHop

When I was last in France, there was no DLP (1993). And this may sound like sacrilege but if your schedule only allows so much, do the classic spots first (Eiffel Tower, Lourve, Notre Dame, etc.). If I ever went back, sure I'd do those but I'd want to see DLP too although my friends would think I'm nuts -- I have WDW in my backyard would be their argument. Trying to convince them that DLP is different would fall on deaf ears.
It's an uphill slope with my wife, too. "The Castle is prettier and their Haunted Mansion is cooler" may not be enough. But, I'll try!

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Note for others.... We just called in, and did this.

1) WRITE DOWN that Ticket purchase number. REPEAT it back to the agent, to make sure you got it right....
2) Go to MDE - link tickets using this number.

This only SORT of works.... and explains why you have to "Call" - the WDW IT failures have not quite gotten MDE up to snuff yet :). Two Adult tickets (we're 65 and WDW knows it)... first barrier? Back end DB yells about age of person getting the ticket (!?) Mind you - these are ADULT tickets :). DB seems to think there is something beyond Adult :). Waiting for "Dead" classification :).

OK - just hit the "shutup and link" button :). Works - but no dates, no details, just two tickets for something :).

Really - no problem. HARD PAPER tickets coming to us. But must ask WDW IT - ever heard of the buzzword "Agile"? And you make PHONE services deal with this first? Really, someone is going to ask "why are you here?".

Mike K

For those far more experienced with Disney's December offerings, my wife and I are DVC members and will be heading back December 10-17th. We've never experienced Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and are looking forward to it. Just wondering how quickly do tickets typically sell out and when would you recommend us calling to book ours? Thanks in advance for any help that can provided.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For those far more experienced with Disney's December offerings, my wife and I are DVC members and will be heading back December 10-17th. We've never experienced Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and are looking forward to it. Just wondering how quickly do tickets typically sell out and when would you recommend us calling to book ours? Thanks in advance for any help that can provided.

The dates closest to Christmas have the most chance of being sold out days, weeks, or even a month a head of time. It's also why Disney spiked the price on them as part of 'surge pricing.'

The weekend dates can sell out a few days a head of time.

Most week-day dates can sell out that day, or not at all.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
You can see when the sold outs occurred from previous years in our archive https://www.wdwmagic.com/events/mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party/news.htm

HwdStudio

Note for others.... We just called in, and did this.

1) WRITE DOWN that Ticket purchase number. REPEAT it back to the agent, to make sure you got it right....
2) Go to MDE - link tickets using this number.

This only SORT of works.... and explains why you have to "Call" - the WDW IT failures have not quite gotten MDE up to snuff yet :). Two Adult tickets (we're 65 and WDW knows it)... first barrier? Back end DB yells about age of person getting the ticket (!?) Mind you - these are ADULT tickets :). DB seems to think there is something beyond Adult :). Waiting for "Dead" classification :).

OK - just hit the "shutup and link" button :). Works - but no dates, no details, just two tickets for something :).

Really - no problem. HARD PAPER tickets coming to us. But must ask WDW IT - ever heard of the buzzword "Agile"? And you make PHONE services deal with this first? Really, someone is going to ask "why are you here?".
Who is DB?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom