Wilderness lodge for a Wedding anniversary

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Looking at making the jump to a deluxe for my wife and I. We both seem to like Wilderness lodge. We have only ever stayed at POP century. How romantic is it at Wilderness lodge? Tell me about this place!
It's more appropriate in the cooler months, as it evokes the great Northwest. But it can be romantic sitting in front of the huge fireplace, or sharing a drink in the bar...

BoardwalkGigi

Well we have stayed at POP as it was family trips. Now that my daughter is 18, my wife and I will be traveling alone, and we all felt so crowded at pop last week we started looking at mods and deluxes to get a better over all experience.
I understand those rooms are very small. It's understandable that you felt crowded.

For a milestone anniversary spent in the Disney area, I'd want Grand Floridian (main building) or Four Seasons.
That said, we have stayed at Wilderness Lodge in the past and very much enjoyed it. We plan on going back next January for a family reunion trip. It's a great resort. I enjoy it more in the winter than at other times of year.

Mainahman

Original Poster
I understand those rooms are very small. It's understandable that you felt crowded.

For a milestone anniversary spent in the Disney area, I'd want Grand Floridian (main building) or Four Seasons.
That said, we have stayed at Wilderness Lodge in the past and very much enjoyed it. We plan on going back next January for a family reunion trip. It's a great resort. I enjoy it more in the winter than at other times of year.
I showed my wife grand Floridian, and she didn't like it, mostly as she personally felt it was stuffy, and the lodge seemed more her style.

POPs rooms are small, but our park style has always been nomad up until now so it's a place to crash and nothing more, but as we go more, we want a bit more downtime. We would be shooting for September of 2019

BoardwalkGigi

I showed my wife grand Floridian, and she didn't like it, mostly as she personally felt it was stuffy, and the lodge seemed more her style.

POPs rooms are small, but our park style has always been nomad up until now so it's a place to crash and nothing more, but as we go more, we want a bit more downtime. We would be shooting for September of 2019
It's sooo hot and steamy in Central Florida in September. Personally (since you've ruled out GF), I'd do the Polynesian, Boardwalk or Beach Club at that time of year, just to have a theme that more suits the weather. I like Yacht Club too but since you find GF stuffy you might feel the same about YC.

Mainahman

Original Poster
It's sooo hot and steamy in Central Florida in September. Personally (since you've ruled out GF), I'd do the Polynesian, Boardwalk or Beach Club at that time of year, just to have a theme that more suits the weather. I like Yacht Club too but since you find GF stuffy you might feel the same about YC.
That time of year would put us there for our actual anniversary. We've been the last week of August and it was super hot! Ill have to compare prices for sure

BoardwalkGigi

That time of year would put us there for our actual anniversary. We've been the last week of August and it was super hot! Ill have to compare prices for sure
It is. As you move into September, the heat remains and the humidity increases. I actually find July a more comfortable time to do Disney than September.

IanDLBZF

I was there in December (for one night) and I loved the decorations, especially in Boulder Ridge! It's beautiful resort, and I had an excellent view of Bay Lake!

BoardwalkGigi

Last week was amazing weather wise. It was a bit cold, but it beats super hot! Hmm maybe being there on our actual anniversary is over rated
Our anniversary is in late September. When we spend it in Disney we don't do parks for hours on end. We spend a lot of time at the resort pool, do signature restaurant dinners, and stay out late lounge hopping.

Mainahman

Original Poster
Our anniversary is in late September. When we spend it in Disney we don't do parks for hours on end. We spend a lot of time at the resort pool, do signature restaurant dinners, and stay out late lounge hopping.
My current plan was for a 7 day resort stay. Saturday to Saturday. 5 park days where we could have a mid day break at the pool hotel and bar, and a couple resort days so we don't get effected too bad by the heat.

correcaminos

Personally I disagree with your thoughts on WL being good in cooler months only. If the OP is drawn to it, then I think that is the right option. I personally don't see the point in recommending resorts that the OP had shown no interest in.

To the OP, the WL is a great resort and it is quite romantic for a couple. I think it will be a great place to go with just the two of you.

Mainahman

Original Poster
Personally I disagree with your thoughts on WL being good in cooler months only. If the OP is drawn to it, then I think that is the right option. I personally don't see the point in recommending resorts that the OP had shown no interest in.

To the OP, the WL is a great resort and it is quite romantic for a couple. I think it will be a great place to go with just the two of you.
I thought so. We sat down and looked at resorts, both Mods and Deluxes, and the only one she felt was a good upgrade above POP, as Wilderness, she felt most of the Mods were just slightly prettier value resorts, and the rest of the Deluxe fleet just felt stuffy and uninviting to her. I like the ideas of the wooded area myself. Were originally from the northeast, were no strangers to camping and cabins and such, and like that decor ourselves. I think that was in her head as well..

correcaminos

I thought so. We sat down and looked at resorts, both Mods and Deluxes, and the only one she felt was a good upgrade above POP, as Wilderness, she felt most of the Mods were just slightly prettier value resorts, and the rest of the Deluxe fleet just felt stuffy and uninviting to her. I like the ideas of the wooded area myself. Were originally from the northeast, were no strangers to camping and cabins and such, and like that decor ourselves. I think that was in her head as well..
Then I think you picked the perfect resort to try. Having a theme appeal is such a personal preference, and if this is something you both love then I think that yippy have the right answer.

We're going in June to stay there and we're really looking forward to it. I've mostly been there in the summer and it's truly good all times of the year. With all the newer updates, it looks even better than before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom