Favorite AFFORDABLE off property

ELG13

Original Poster
We are wanting to go for 4 nights in September. We have always been pretty strict about staying on property...but it's just getting hard to justify when there are so many affordable options off property. So where is your FAVORITE off property...there will be 2 possibly 3 adults and 2 kids. I haven't looked much into renting points or anything yet so for now I'm just getting ideas for a straight forward hotel rental. The cheapest on property I've seen for our dates is roughly $147 maybe $127 a night at the value resorts. We have a car but if they don't have a shuttle or it's not reliable I am taking into account the cost for us to park. We don't need breakfast included as long as there's a fridge for milk etc.
I've been overwhelmed looking at on versus off property and comparing all the off property resorts so HELP!!!!!! We are Florida residents also.

yensid67

Here is my spreadsheet for my POSTPONED trip....maybe this will help you create a spreadsheet for your week, too!
Capture.PNG

NiarrNDisney

Here are a couple Resorts I have stayed at that I would happily stay at again

Baymont Inn and Suites (7601 Black Lake Road, Kissimmee, FL, 34747) it has access to a "backdoor" entrance onto WDW property which spits you out right next to AKL and DAK. Its inexpensive and the rooms are nice not to mention huge. If you book here be sure to request a room in the courtyard versus street side which had noticeable street noise though not obnoxious.

The Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista (13351 State Road 535, Orlando, FL, 32821) is ok. I had to stay here for a night while waiting for my reservation at the All Stars Music. The rooms were clean though could of used an update (though this was years ago) it was close to Disney Springs and the Premium Outlets on Vineland and a lot of restaurant that I'm betting if you checked out Restaurants.com you could probably find deals for. (I used one at the Bahama Breeze which was just down the street). Oh and there was a Dollartree down the street which came in handy for some last minute items to include toiletries that I forgot to pack.

The Resorts on Hotel Lane adjacent to Disney Springs are also personal favorites especially both Hiltons, the Holiday Inn, and the DoubleTree which for a large family has huge rooms that include a living room which is nice if your kids are napping and you want to relax and watch some tv or whatever.

Last edited:

DRD

I second the Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista. We experienced outstanding service there, very convenient location to Disney Springs. We had a 2 queen bed room...the room was fine. Nothing fancy, but also not old or shabby either...maybe it was updated in the past few years? The pool was pretty nice too. All for a very reasonable price. We plan on staying there one night on an upcoming trip in October before our resort stay begins.

ELG13

Original Poster
Th
I second the Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista. We experienced outstanding service there, very convenient location to Disney Springs. We had a 2 queen bed room...the room was fine. Nothing fancy, but also not old or shabby either...maybe it was updated in the past few years? The pool was pretty nice too. All for a very reasonable price.
pro
The problem that we are running in to is the resort fees and parking fees etc. When I price it out it ends up being like $15 more a night on property.

DRD

Th pro
The problem that we are running in to is the resort fees and parking fees etc. When I price it out it ends up being like $15 more a night on property.

Fair point. I think most of those properties have some sort of parking fee attached and its smart to budget that as well.

NiarrNDisney

Just know that the Holiday Inn Orlando-Disney Springs (1805 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830) and the Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista (13351 Florida 535, Orlando, FL 32821) are different places with the later residing off property.

DRD

Just know that the Holiday Inn Orlando-Disney Springs (1805 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830) and the Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista (13351 Florida 535, Orlando, FL 32821) are different places with the later residing off property.

Very very good point...and I stand corrected. We stayed at the HI-Disney Sprngs, NOT HI: Lake Buena Vista. Man that is confusing.

NiarrNDisney

Very very good point...and I stand corrected. We stayed at the HI-Disney Sprngs, NOT HI: Lake Buena Vista. Man that is confusing.

Yes it is!

BTW the restaurant at the Holiday Inn Disney Springs is so much better than the Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vistas Applebees Express.

yensid67

Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista is GREAT! 2 Pools, updated rooms, pillow-topped mattresses, micro, Frig, restaurant, deli, convenience store, bar/grille, game room. We stayed there our last trip and are planning to stay at the sister property on I drive=8 nights for $675 WITH Breakfast Buffet each morning! I used undercovertourist.com for the price as well as park tickets and rental car!

Phantom23001

Personal Favorite is the Flamingo Crossing Marriot Suites. They are located right outside of one of the Disney gates, they go at around 180 for a family of four per night, offer a shuttle(at an additional fee) to and from the parks, have a pool, fitness center, and free breakfast. There are two different hotels, the TownePlace, or the Springhill Suites, but we have only stayed at the TownePlace, and they both seem very similar.

Drury Inn no parking fee, free breakfast, hot appetizers in afternoon and cocktails.
Comfort Inn LBV free parking and free breakfast
Check out mousavers for deals they have been advertising lots of hotels around Disney SPrings and in Disney springs that aren't charging for parking
Also I got two nights at Dolphin on hotwire for $80 a night, sure Ill have to pay the resort fee when I get there but its still worth it.

fireworkz

Drury Inn no parking fee, free breakfast, hot appetizers in afternoon and cocktails.
Comfort Inn LBV free parking and free breakfast
Check out mousavers for deals they have been advertising lots of hotels around Disney SPrings and in Disney springs that aren't charging for parking
Also I got two nights at Dolphin on hotwire for $80 a night, sure Ill have to pay the resort fee when I get there but its still worth it.

My latest fav is the Staybridge Suites LBV just down 535 (listed on Suiteside Dr) a bit from the Disney Springs gate. Two bedroom suites with a full bath in each bedroom which can be hard to find. Also pull out in living room form even more space. Decent kitchen with a decent amount of cookware and dishwasher. Just across from a Walgreens one way and a WiniDixie the next spot up the street. Decent free breakfast buffet too. No resort or parking fees, also the usual free bus to the parks in the morning and returns in the evening.

WDWMPrincess

We are wanting to go for 4 nights in September. We have always been pretty strict about staying on property...but it's just getting hard to justify when there are so many affordable options off property. So where is your FAVORITE off property...there will be 2 possibly 3 adults and 2 kids. I haven't looked much into renting points or anything yet so for now I'm just getting ideas for a straight forward hotel rental. The cheapest on property I've seen for our dates is roughly $147 maybe $127 a night at the value resorts. We have a car but if they don't have a shuttle or it's not reliable I am taking into account the cost for us to park. We don't need breakfast included as long as there's a fridge for milk etc.
I've been overwhelmed looking at on versus off property and comparing all the off property resorts so HELP!!!!!! We are Florida residents also.

We are planning on staying at one of two Marriott resorts located between Disney and Universal. One is the Marriott Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista which has been highly recommended by friends who stayed there last year. It is a Disney Good Neighbor hotel with a reliable shuttle to Epcot's transport hub. The other is the Residence Inn by the convention center which was our original choice because it has a slightly higher rating than the Lake Buena Vista location on Tripadvisor. Our experience of Residence Inns has all been extremely good as far as comfort, cleanliness, and how well stocked with appropriate items the kitchens are. We're looking forward to making up snacks and possibly even a few picnics for our days in the Disney parks.

WDWFan2018

Wyndham Bonnet Creek is my favorite for large parties. They have spacious villas that allow you to spread out, along with full kitchens.

YUP! We have stayed here two years in a row and it was great! So much to do for the kids and grounds are really nice. I would definitely stay there again if I was looking to stay off property.

BigRedDad

Renting from a timeshare owner has been my go to solution. You avoid "resort fees", "parking fees", and other addons. Pretty much what you see from the renter is what you pay. The amenities are above Disney. You get so much more for so much less. My trip in 3-days is a 3BR/3BA at Reunion Resort for $550. Past experiences is $560 for a 1BR at WBC, $700 for a 2BR at Orange Lake Resort. So, it really comes down to what you need, how much you want to research, and how patient and diligent you are.

darrelljon

Here are a couple Resorts I have stayed at that I would happily stay at again

Baymont Inn and Suites (7601 Black Lake Road, Kissimmee, FL, 34747) it has access to a "backdoor" entrance onto WDW property which spits you out right next to AKL and DAK.
What is the access to a "backdoor" entrance onto WDW property?

kjb101791

Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista is GREAT! 2 Pools, updated rooms, pillow-topped mattresses, micro, Frig, restaurant, deli, convenience store, bar/grille, game room. We stayed there our last trip and are planning to stay at the sister property on I drive=8 nights for $675 WITH Breakfast Buffet each morning! I used undercovertourist.com for the price as well as park tickets and rental car!
I agree. This is absolutely my cheap/non-Disney go to for hotels. I don't even look anywhere else anymore. I've gotten rooms as cheap as $75 but usually around $100. Still a great value.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom