The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 4: Homecoming Edition - Discussion Thread

Voxel

President of Progress City
So random fun fact about Quetzalcoatl, we know literally nothing about it other than it's a feathered serpent. This has been mickeyfan's useless fact minute, join us next week where we talk about something else.
Gotta love Quetzalcoatl.. I just want a ride with Cthulhu.

Lol I wish the time would just stay constant, when you lose an hour it throws things off more than gaining an hour to me
Omg no amount of coffee or tea has helped.. I'm debating trying this FastLane tea i have that has the amount of caffeinine as Espresso but not sure I wanna die.

DisneyFan18

Yesterday I didn’t have anything to do, so I started thinking about one of @TheOriginalTiki prompts from SYWTBAI 16, which was about transforming a current Epcot attraction into a restaurant, and I think that the Mexico Pavilion (I know surprising coming from me...) could work perfectly for it!

It would imply a total revamp of the Pavilion, the area outside of the pavilion would become a small Mexican Town like Santa Cecilia from Coco and most of the stores would be located there, similarly to what @Imagineerland proposed in his Epcot project. As for the inner Pavilion, the current Plaza would become a waiting area, where only the kiosks and exhibits will remain, Grand Fiesta Tour will be completely gutted, and San Ángel Inn will be relocated at the exact center of our brand new dinning experience.

You can either make a reservation, or be on stand by, and once your table is ready you’ll board a Trajinera which are common from Xochimilco, Mexico City. While you are on your Trajinera, you’ll be able to place your order in a tablet, so while you’re on the first part of your journey through El Río del Tiempo (an updated version, will explain more of it later), your food will begin getting prepared, as I entend it to be as properly prepared as possible, since most of the times Mexican food around the world leaves much to be desired because it’s nothing like it is back home, also in order to kill the hunger, the Trajineras will be equipped with some home made Guacamole, Totopos, and authentic Bolillo de Leña (believe it’s delicious). At every moment during your journey on the Trajinera, you’ll be accompanied by a Tour Guide, as without him you might get lost on your journey through El Río del Tiempo and therefore be unable to return to the present. After the first part of your journey you’ll find yourself at a round restaurant, located in the middle of a lake, surround by Pyramids, to make it look like you’re in Tenochtitlán, and every hour a small show related to either the Conquest of Tenochtitlán or the fury of the Aztec Gods will be performed, it will be similar in nature to the Fall of Atlantis show at the Caesar Palace but in a grander scale. After finishing your meal, you’ll be taken back through El Río del Tiempo in order to get back to the present, if possible you’ll have the same Tour Guide, though there’s a high chance that won’t happen.

The new version of El Río del Tiempo will take from a modern looking Mexico through different exhibit rooms that will retell either some Leyendas like La Llorona, and el Chupacabras; some of the Mesoamerican Mythology like the Story of the beginning of the World; the history of Mexico; take you through art exhibits of some of the most well known Mexican artist like Jorge Negrete, Diego Rivera, Pedro Infante, and Frida Kahlo; or take you through the Mexican ecosistems where you’ll animatronics for the endemic animals of Mexico. And if Disney wants to include some IP, they could include Miguel from Coco in an exhibit that explains the Day of the Dead!

So, what do you think? :D

WowFactor

t
Yesterday I didn’t have anything to do, so I started thinking about one of @TheOriginalTiki prompts from SYWTBAI 16, which was about transforming a current Epcot attraction into a restaurant, and I think that the Mexico Pavilion (I know surprising coming from me...) could work perfectly for it!

It would imply a total revamp of the Pavilion, the area outside of the pavilion would become a small Mexican Town like Santa Cecilia from Coco and most of the stores would be located there, similarly to what @Imagineerland proposed in his Epcot project. As for the inner Pavilion, the current Plaza would become a waiting area, where only the kiosks and exhibits will remain, Grand Fiesta Tour will be completely gutted, and San Ángel Inn will be relocated at the exact center of our brand new dinning experience.

You can either make a reservation, or be on stand by, and once your table is ready you’ll board a Trajinera which are common from Xochimilco, Mexico City. While you are on your Trajinera, you’ll be able to place your order in a tablet, so while you’re on the first part of your journey through El Río del Tiempo (an updated version, will explain more of it later), your food will begin getting prepared, as I entend it to be as properly prepared as possible, since most of the times Mexican food around the world leaves much to be desired because it’s nothing like it is back home, also in order to kill the hunger, the Trajineras will be equipped with some home made Guacamole, Totopos, and authentic Bolillo de Leña (believe it’s delicious). At every moment during your journey on the Trajinera, you’ll be accompanied by a Tour Guide, as without him you might get lost on your journey through El Río del Tiempo and therefore be unable to return to the present. After the first part of your journey you’ll find yourself at a round restaurant, located in the middle of a lake, surround by Pyramids, to make it look like you’re in Tenochtitlán, and every hour a small show related to either the Conquest of Tenochtitlán or the fury of the Aztec Gods will be performed, it will be similar in nature to the Fall of Atlantis show at the Caesar Palace but in a grander scale. After finishing your meal, you’ll be taken back through El Río del Tiempo in order to get back to the present, if possible you’ll have the same Tour Guide, though there’s a high chance that won’t happen.

The new version of El Río del Tiempo will take from a modern looking Mexico through different exhibit rooms that will retell either some Leyendas like La Llorona, and el Chupacabras; some of the Mesoamerican Mythology like the Story of the beginning of the World; the history of Mexico; take you through art exhibits of some of the most well known Mexican artist like Jorge Negrete, Diego Rivera, Pedro Infante, and Frida Kahlo; or take you through the Mexican ecosistems where you’ll animatronics for the endemic animals of Mexico. And if Disney wants to include some IP, they could include Miguel from Coco in an exhibit that explains the Day of the Dead!

So, what do you think? :D
Very good! The best part is that the wait queue it's out of sight of the people eating.

spacemt354

Chili's
Also as a general update:

The teams will be announced Friday! Hopefully everyone likes their team as that was my goal lol Also there will be some special events over the weekend leading up to the start of the competition on the first day of spring, March 20th, though if ye be online...it'll be up 11:59 PM EST on Monday;)

Being very modest with the update and not revealing too much, because I like surprising people:) Just stay tuned! :D

spacemt354

Chili's
Happy @Pionmycake / Pi Day!
enhanced-buzz-25261-1363280735-6.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom