Cancel or not?

bhg469

I would say go, but split time at universal as they have completely reinvented themselves in that period while Disney just didn't try as hard.

21stamps

We will be driving to WDW so we will have a car.Are you saying drive to the other parks?There is free,available parking?Wow that might be the way to go.Thank you.
Don’t bother with driving when staying at a monorail Resort.. my opinion. You obviously don’t need it to MK, and you can Uber for the other parks if you don’t want to take a bus.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Don’t bother with driving when staying at a monorail Resort.. my opinion. You obviously don’t need it to MK, and you can Uber for the other parks if you don’t want to take a bus.

I agree with leaving the car at the resort. I’ve relied on WDW transportation, taxis, and my own vehicle. The latter is the most hassle when it comes to getting to the parks. Others still swear by using their vehicle. To each their own.

bhg469

I agree with leaving the car at the resort. I’ve relied on WDW transportation, taxis, and my own vehicle. The latter is the most hassle when it comes to getting to the parks. Others still swear by using their vehicle. To each their own.
I think that's more for off site convenience. On our last trip we didn't go to the parks but we enjoyed driving around a lot. Plenty of interesting stuff to do and you save a ton of money by eating at Tijuana flats... Because its the only place you should eat in Orlando!

Its still too bad that publix is the best they have to offer... Poor saps don't even know that place is maybe a 5 out of 10 compared to good grocery stores.

Last edited:

KaliSplash

Is it the way you remember it. Of course not. Even Walt didn't want that. is it harder to get everything set up, especially if you haven't done it lately. Of course it is. But it can be done if you will just spend some time planning.
Is it largers and far more things to do in the 1980s. Oh YES.
You will have a good time. Absolutely you will go.
Much of the negativity you see on this site is from people who expect perfection from WDW because it seems looking back that it was.
As someone above mentioned, the world has changed mightily. People are more rude. WDW does try to make more money. (That's actually the purpose, entertainment is the method they have chosen to do that.
But absolutely you should go. Remember a bad day at Disney (which you are unlikely to have, is better than your best day in work, in almost every case! :)

Leigh51

Original Poster
I meant if you worry about everything it will kill your fun.That is what I think I have decided sifting through the posts.I am keeping my reservations and I know I can make it fun.I will make the FP's and beyond that nothing.I won't starve or die of thirst.It will be what I make it.Agree?

FettFan

There's just a bunch of grumpy old people here. You'll have a blast! I've gone a couple of times this past year, and I just bought myself an annual pass and am going about 3 or 4 trips this year. It's still perfect, to me. But I'm just a 90s kid!

33 isn't "old".

And it's not grumpy to say God's Honest Truth:
Instead of creating original attractions and memorable guest experiences in the parks, thus letting them thrive on their own as Michael Eisner did, Bob Iger's modus operandi is to buy up other companies, then use the parks as glorified shopping malls to get the greatest return-on-investment.

Here's hoping that "Galaxy's Ege" features merchandise booths chock-full of Star Wars: The Flamethrower.
200.gif

The kids love this one!

Leigh51

Original Poster
We live just outside of Nashville and "Opryland" theme park was taken away.Yep,for another fricking mall.The builders of retail malls are all behind the time with online shopping being so convenient and easy.But really,who would choose a mall over a great theme park?Just my opinion,since the parking lots are filled at the malls, as we drive past to wonderful adventures,not in a mall.

Leigh51

Original Poster
The most negativity is coming from those who want things to be just as it was back when. Thats not realistic in any world. Having been away for 8 years, youre in for a different Disney with some thrilling improvements. Sure there are more numbers of guests, more competition for dining, more advanced planning needed .... but with those things, there are many more opportunities to enjoy your trip as never before as long as you go into it informed and prepared. Dont think for a minute a trip to WDW will be less magical than you are hoping for.
Thank you for positivity.

Minthorne

33 isn't "old".

And it's not grumpy to say God's Honest Truth:
Instead of creating original attractions and memorable guest experiences in the parks, thus letting them thrive on their own as Michael Eisner did, Bob Iger's modus operandi is to buy up other companies, then use the parks as glorified shopping malls to get the greatest return-on-investment.

Here's hoping that "Galaxy's Ege" features merchandise booths chock-full of Star Wars: The Flamethrower.
200.gif

The kids love this one!

Elon Musk already beat them to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom