NFL 2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
Well, sadly the 2017-18 NFL season has concluded. Now we are into the offseason, so it's time for a new thread. This thread will carry us through the scouting combine, free agency, the draft, minicamps and OTAs, as well as training camp. I will create a new thread around the start of the 2018 season, but to keep thoughts separate, this is the thread for all NFL talk from now until then!

Thanks for joining, and I look forward to seeing all of your thoughts and comments over the next several months!

PUSH

Original Poster
Eagles OC Frank Reich is going to be the next head coach of the Indianapolis Colts.

Lucky

Reich is best known as the QB in two of the greatest comebacks ever. For Maryland beating Miami after being down 31-0 at halftime, and for Buffalo beating Houston in a wild card game after trailing by 32.

PUSH

Original Poster
It's been reported that the Jaguars are finalizing a multi-year extension for QB Blake Bortles that will keep him in Jacksonville for "years to come".

PUSH

Original Poster
Rams trade a 5th round pick for Aqib Talib, as well as sign CB Sam Shields. That goes on top of the Marcus Peters trade and putting the franchise tag on Lamarcus Joyner. If this secondary doesn't pan out, they are never going to hear the end of it.

PUSH

Original Poster
I get done with work and listen to NFL Radio on my commute home... huge day in the NFL!

- Richard Sherman cut
- Tyrod Taylor traded to Browns for a 3rd round pick
- Jarvis Landry traded to Browns
- Browns and Packers set to trade DeShone Kizer and Damarious Randall (possible picks involved, unsure yet)
- Torrey Smith traded to Carolina
- Mike Evans signs an extension

I don't ever remember this many trades right before free agency... crazy!

PUSH

Original Poster
So Cleveland will go with Taylor and not draft a 1st round QB?
I think they'll take a QB in the 1st round, just maybe not at 1. They have the 1st and 4th picks. I wouldn't be surprised if they go with Saquon Barkley at 1, then possibly a QB at 4. Taylor starts for a year or so before the younger QB takes over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom