7 day limit on Fastpasses

Karbey

Original Poster
So, interesting discovery. If you stay at a Disney resort. Go somewhere else for a few day, then return to a Disney resort. You can not book more than 7 days of passes with an annual pass (We have premier) - regardless of days spent at the resort.

nickys

Premium Member
You should be able to book FPs for all your onsite days, but you will have two separate 60 day windows. This assumes both resorts are Disney resorts, not sure about Swan, Dolphin or SoG or indeed the "good neighbour" hotels.

If you've booked FPs for other days, either before your first onsite stay, or for the days in between your resort stays, then I'm not sure what the impact will be.

I'm paging @Rob562 for help here, our resident expert on ticketing and FPs! :)

Rob562

You should be able to book FPs for all your onsite days, but you will have two separate 60 day windows. This assumes both resorts are Disney resorts, not sure about Swan, Dolphin or SoG or indeed the "good neighbour" hotels.

If you've booked FPs for other days, either before your first onsite stay, or for the days in between your resort stays, then I'm not sure what the impact will be.

I'm paging @Rob562 for help here, our resident expert on ticketing and FPs! :)

I believe you and @Capt Hook are onto something. The question is whether the OP is inside the 60-day window for their *second* reservation.

If there's no hotel reservation, the FP+ system treats Annual Passes as if they were a 7-day ticket and only lets you book 7 days' worth of FP+. If there's a hotel reservation for *less* than 7 days, you can continue booking beyond your checkout date up to the maximum of 7 days total.

This is where we enter the gray area if the *second* hotel reservation isn't inside the 60-day window yet. (Even if they were back-to-back reservations, the OP might still run into the 7-day restriction) In theory, once the second reservation gets to the 60-day window, they *should* be able to book more days, since AP holders staying more than 7 days on a single reservation typically are allowed to book for all days of their reservation. Though one question might be if they booked FP+ for days in the gap between the two reservations and whether that might confuse things.

This should be an interesting test case, and I hope the OP (@Karbey ) returns to let us know how things turn out.

-Rob

Seanual757

Yes you are capped we are AHP Platinum Plus we are staying at Beach Club for 7 days booked our FP’s then tried to book FP’s a two weeks ago on a Saturday to just go for the day and we were unable to, so I had to drop our FP’s for the last day for our week stay just to book the FP’s.

This part stinks for us being local and staying on property booking FP’s for our stay and trying to go on the weekend (we normally go to WDW 2-3 times a month).

nickys

Premium Member
Yes you are capped we are AHP Platinum Plus we are staying at Beach Club for 7 days booked our FP’s then tried to book FP’s a two weeks ago on a Saturday to just go for the day and we were unable to, so I had to drop our FP’s for the last day for our week stay just to book the FP’s.

This part stinks for us being local and staying on property booking FP’s for our stay and trying to go on the weekend (we normally go to WDW 2-3 times a month).

Yes, in that situation you are limited. And it seems they could loosen that if they wanted to, effectively ignoring any onsite stay. I understand why they do limit you on offsite visits though.

OP though had 2 reservations split by an offsite stay. We're not sure how this will work, hence we're hoping they will come back and let us know how they get on when they reach their 60 day window for stay 2.

nickys

Premium Member
Thought I'd come back and update with some further info I found.

Like @Rob562 said, an onsite stay counts towards the 7 day limit.

- 1. So if you have an onsite stay and book for 4 days, you will only be able to book for 3 more days, either before or after.

- 2. If you have an onsite stay and book for 8 days you will not be able to book any further FPs until you start using them day by day.

- 3. Crucially, if you start by booking FPs for days where you do not have an onsite stay, this appears to limit the number of days you can book for to a total of 7, even if you then stay onsite. In other words it over-rides the onsite duration of stay rule.

A combination of 2 and 3 may well be causing OP's issues, even though she has 2 onsite stays booked. If she has any FPs booked whilst she is offsite (within the 30 day period) she may have to wait until she starts to use the first 7 days before making any more, even for that second onsite stay.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom