Tokyo in March (Happiest Celebration Grand Finale)

MTBaymax

Original Poster
Me and my boyfriend have been planning on dropping by for the Happiest Celebration (We're looking at end of July - 18th-25th); we plan on stopping by SoCal en route and returning from. Problem is, we haven't bought a single thing. That, and we plan on sightseeing a few places. But where to start?

Jwhee

Start off with plane tickets, then hotels.

Can you be more specific as to what you need help/advice for?

MTBaymax

Original Poster
Well, I’m on the fence of whether we should do a hotel or an Airbnb. Hotels are safer and you know what to expect, but Airbnb is cheaper. (We kinda are on a budget)

GiveMeTheMusic

Well, I’m on the fence of whether we should do a hotel or an Airbnb. Hotels are safer and you know what to expect, but Airbnb is cheaper. (We kinda are on a budget)

If you can do a hotel (Hilton Tokyo Bay or Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay), that's ideal for the days you're at TDR. An Airbnb in Tokyo proper is best for your days exploring the city. TDR is a bit of a trek by train from central Tokyo.

MTBaymax

Original Poster
If you can do a hotel (Hilton Tokyo Bay or Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay), that's ideal for the days you're at TDR. An Airbnb in Tokyo proper is best for your days exploring the city. TDR is a bit of a trek by train from central Tokyo.

Sound idea.

As far as Tokyo Disney tickets, I am aware we’d need a MasterCard to order online; could we also talk to a travel agent to buy them (we’re looking at the 3 day or 4 day passport), or will it have to be in person?

GiveMeTheMusic

Sound idea.

As far as Tokyo Disney tickets, I am aware we’d need a MasterCard to order online; could we also talk to a travel agent to buy them (we’re looking at the 3 day or 4 day passport), or will it have to be in person?

There are some agencies that will sell you park tickets, but there's usually a markup. If you can order online directly from TDR, that's ideal. They accept more than just MasterCard online at TDR, but there are some verification steps you have to be able to complete and not all American cards can do them:

https://reserve.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/about/usersguide_01#credit

Daveeeeed

amjt660

Premium Member
July in Japan is very hot ( almost unbearable)
I work for Toyota and have been 8 times - never in summer - but I have coworkers who have gone
Air conditioning is sometimes non existent or limited depending on where you go
Not trying to talk you out of going
Just trying to prep you for what you are getting yourself into

Max

MTBaymax

Original Poster
Greetings. Obviously, July didn't work out, so we rescheduled for the grand finale phase, otherwise known as American Spring Break. Leaving on March 15th to LA via Southwest (an overnighter for Disneyland), and leaving the next day on Singapore.
6 nights at that Ibis Styles Hotel at Tokyo Bay (I hope I made the right choice)
First half is exclusively Tokyo sightseeing (Ghibli Museum, Pokemon center, etc etc etc)
The second half - Tokyo Disney. (We figure Wednesday for Mama Park, Thursday for Sea, then park hop for the day and a half before our flight back on Saturday).

Any tips?

Robbiem

Sound idea.

If you do stay in one of the on-site hotels you get guaranteed entry and can buy your passes at the hotel. We did that earlier this year when we stayed at the Sheraton. You didnt need a mastercard either but we payed in cash so i dont know about other cards

MTBaymax

Original Poster
If you do stay in one of the on-site hotels you get guaranteed entry and can buy your passes at the hotel. We did that earlier this year when we stayed at the Sheraton. You didnt need a mastercard either but we payed in cash so i dont know about other cards
That was our first choice, yes, but as we were more comfortable with paying for the hotel right away, compared to gathering the yen required...

Robbiem

That was our first choice, yes, but as we were more comfortable with paying for the hotel right away, compared to gathering the yen required...

We paid for our hotel in advance (we used hotel.com) but we bought our passes when we got to the resort if that helps.

MTBaymax

Original Poster
Looking at buying the 2 day tickets on Klook and upgrading when we arrive (I’ve read some of the reviews, and they were able to without trouble)

MTBaymax

Original Poster
A little update. We have friends that live out in Japan, we asked them to buy tickets for us, they were more than happy to oblige.

The tickets came in today, and they sent them out on the 27th/28th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom