Grand Floridian vs. Four Seasons

ryguy

The time period your looking at the GF will be a lower price more like $400-$500 a night. Just no discounts released yet but August and September are one of the most cost effective times to stay on Disney property.

rreading

This thread is a great example of YMMV.

Sure, luxury hotels are luxurious. But we don’t stay at the St Regis Deer Valley because it’s the St Regis (though we don’t complain); we stay there because it has a great ski-in/ski-out experience.

The monorail is a classic aspect of WDW vacations for us, but riding the boats to/from the MK is somewhat more enjoyable to us so we do both. I’ve loved the live music in the lobby since I was a teenager many moons ago. And if you don’t enjoy the atmosphere, I would never recommend it.

Clearly, for a pure hotel experience, you can do better than a WDW resort. And if you are some who want a break from the hustle and bustle of your WDW vacation, you probably can’t do any better (my wife would stay at the hotel the entire trip and just relax); but if I’m going to WDW, it’s to get the full Disney experience.

One addendum: if you’re not staying up late, the Electric Water Pageant can keep you up. Not a problem for me, but my wife has complained about it. It’s a consequence of a MK view room.

Jmalango

My family of four stayed first at the Polynesian four years ago and the Four Seasons this past May. We are staying at the Grand Floridian for our next trip. The Four Seasons is a great hotel and way more romantic in the traditional sense than any Disney Property. But if you’re going for Disney, why not immerse yourself in it? The convenience to the parks is, for us, worth it. It is so much easier to see the fireworks or hang late at Epcot and not have to bother with catching a bus (or monorail, then bus) back. We found ourselves looking at our watches way too often. On the other hand, if you want a nice quiet pool, great service and plan to be in “honeymooning” at night, the Four Seasons may be the way to go.

TrojanUSC

My family of four stayed first at the Polynesian four years ago and the Four Seasons this past May. We are staying at the Grand Floridian for our next trip. The Four Seasons is a great hotel and way more romantic in the traditional sense than any Disney Property. But if you’re going for Disney, why not immerse yourself in it? The convenience to the parks is, for us, worth it. It is so much easier to see the fireworks or hang late at Epcot and not have to bother with catching a bus (or monorail, then bus) back. We found ourselves looking at our watches way too often. On the other hand, if you want a nice quiet pool, great service and plan to be in “honeymooning” at night, the Four Seasons may be the way to go.

How is standing in line for a monorail, transferring at the TTC then waiting on the second train any slower than a $5 Uber ride directly to the hotel? Plus if you're in WS you can grab it from one of the hotels back there.

durangojim

How is standing in line for a monorail, transferring at the TTC then waiting on the second train any slower than a $5 Uber ride directly to the hotel? Plus if you're in WS you can grab it from one of the hotels back there.
I can tell you from personal experience that some of the uber and lyft drivers in the Disney area aren't necessarily the best. Many are great, but we had a couple experiences at the 4S where the drivers did not speak English. One who was supposed to take us to Epcot wound up taking nearly 30 minutes to get us there. First she took us to the backstage area, then when the security guard explained where she was supposed to go, she still went the wrong way, despite our protests in the back seat. When she finally got to Epcot, she missed the road that the taxis/buses take and went to the back of the parking area. The CM there told her she had to go back out of Epcot and re-enter to get us to the taxi area. At that time my wife and I both screamed "no!" and we hopped out of the car. So yes, it can take a while with Disney's free transportation but at least you know you'l be getting where you want to go in a relatively simple way.
2EB84BEB-065D-4A6F-ADCA-188E8F6422F8.jpeg

KaliSplash

Is this really a question? No question, GF. explanation: Inside the World, virtually outside the World.

Yes, Four Seasons is less expensive and newer and more luxurious. It does not have a direct view of Cinderella's Castle. It is Not on the Monorail.

epcotisbest

Is this really a question? No question, GF. explanation: Inside the World, virtually outside the World.

Yes, Four Seasons is less expensive and newer and more luxurious. It does not have a direct view of Cinderella's Castle. It is Not on the Monorail.
And yet Four Seasons is superior in every way. There is really no comparison. What did you not like about Four Seasons when you stayed there?

Dave B

So I was thinking of Four Season because of this thread, I went to their website and its $900 a night, for a regular room , the most expensive I have ever seen Disney is like 650 unless you look at club or specialty rooms, like on the water at Poly, etx

Last edited:

21stamps

And yet Four Seasons is superior in every way. There is really no comparison. What did you not like about Four Seasons when you stayed there?
I think it’s just personal preference. For me, nothing feels as “Disney” as the monorail resorts. The sights and sounds when waking up in the morning, throughout the day, and ending in the EWP and fireworks.

I haven’t stayed at the Four Seasons at Disney, but I’ve stayed at other locations..I wouldn’t rule it out for a future trip, but I’d choose Poly or GF is available every time, given the choice.

21stamps

So I was thinking of Four Season because of this thread, I went to their website and its $900 a night, for a regular room , the most expensive I have ever seen Disney is like 650 unless you look at club or specialty rooms, like on the water at Poly, etx

Wow. Maybe the less expensive room types were sold out? When I checked for last April they were having a “book 3 recieve one night free” or something.. The room I looked at would have averaged @ $510 per night... thought it was a ‘pool view’, not sure though.

Hockey89

Staying there in aug and we didn't pay close to that per night... Not close.... I just looked room rate was 510

Hockey89

I think it’s just personal preference. For me, nothing feels as “Disney” as the monorail resorts. The sights and sounds when waking up in the morning, throughout the day, and ending in the EWP and fireworks.

I haven’t stayed at the Four Seasons at Disney, but I’ve stayed at other locations..I wouldn’t rule it out for a future trip, but I’d choose Poly or GF is available every time, given the choice.
All depends what you are looking for I guess.... Four Seasons hotel is a 10000 times nicer...Service is a 10000 times better... It's not close.. IF you need that" Monorail" feel, yeah it's not the same....

21stamps

All depends what you are looking for I guess.... Four Seasons hotel is a 10000 times nicer...Service is a 10000 times better... It's not close.. IF you need that" Monorail" feel, yeah it's not the same....

That’s why I said it’s personal. I decide where to stay on vacations based on a few factors.. if I just wanted a luxury hotel in Florida then I wouldn’t be at Disney.. I’d be in SoFla.
When I’m at Disney, my first preference is the monorail and a view of the MK.

There is nothing that compares to waking up, standing on my balcony, and seeing the castle.. hearing the boats, train, etc. having breakfast in the room with said castle as the backdrop. Then hopping on a launch or monorail for a short few minutes to arrive at the front gate. That’s my perfect way to do Disney. It brings me back to my childhood, and words can’t describe the feelings when there. No other resort could do that for me, luxury or otherwise.

Someone else may not care about any of that, which is ok too.

Hockey89

That’s why I said it’s personal. I decide where to stay on vacations based on a few factors.. if I just wanted a luxury hotel in Florida then I wouldn’t be at Disney.. I’d be in SoFla.
When I’m at Disney, my first preference is the monorail and a view of the MK.

There is nothing that compares to waking up, standing on my balcony, and seeing the castle.. hearing the boats, train, etc. having breakfast in the room with said castle as the backdrop. Then hopping on a launch or monorail for a short few minutes to arrive at the front gate. That’s my perfect way to do Disney. It brings me back to my childhood, and words can’t describe the feelings when there. No other resort could do that for me, luxury or otherwise.

Someone else may not care about any of that, which is ok too.
Fair on all points... We are doing 4 days at Four and 4 days at the boardwalk... Best of both worlds for us...

epcotisbest

Our favorite is Wilderness Lodge, but we have been fortunate enough to have stayed at almost all onsite resorts and many offsite that we like just as well, if not better than anything onsite. Theme park view and monorail don't really have any significance in reasons we choose a place to stay. For others, it is a main reason.

mlayton144

This one is easy , the market dictates the higher GF price and worth. I personally would rather stay at GF since it's a Disney trip , you stay in the bubble and you get onsite privedges like Fastpass and dining priority. Plus the location advantage which is obvious. You can find a 4 seasons in just about any major metro area

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom